JDAM?

H60MTI

I know the JDAM isn't out right now for the f-15E but is there a timeline at all for when it will be? I'm a huge fan of them and dumb bombing things is kicking my butt...

• Like 2

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

14 hours ago, H60MTI said:

I know the JDAM isn't out right now for the f-15E but is there a timeline at all for when it will be? I'm a huge fan of them and dumb bombing things is kicking my butt...

No

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 6/26/2023 at 2:59 PM, Beirut said:

Yep, need JDAMs to use with the fancy A2G radar. That's gonna be good fun.

You can still use the radar to plan your target drop for a LONG way out.

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

34 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

You can still use the radar to plan your target drop for a LONG way out.

Yeah, was playing with it before. Good fun. But with JDAMs you can set up your own little pinpoint Arc Light strike from 30,000' and take out maybe eight targets in one lovely tight series of badabooms!

It's a great show to watch on the MFD. :smoke:

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Plus preplan from the ground while waiting for a NAV Align. Could probably carry close to a dozen GBU-38's on the bomb truck call Eagle. Pictures online are showing 6 on each CFT. Plus 4 under the belly...16 JDAMs....That's 8,000lbs of boom boom...Per Eagle 😆

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

2 hours ago, H60MTI said:

Pictures online are showing 6 on each CFT. Plus 4 under the belly...16 JDAMs....That's 8,000lbs of boom boom...Per Eagle 😆

The upper CFT stations are not wired for data. They can physically carry JDAMs, but they cannot employ them. 

The max GBU-38 load is three per fuselage rack, one on centerline, and one on each wing pylon for nine total. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Biggus said:

I believe the 15 JDAM loadout was not actually intended for employment but rather transport to forward bases.

This is correct. There was an article about this on The Aviationist a while back. They call this a "tac-ferry" configuration, and it is used simply to transport bombs to a forward operating base. It stated in the article that this is more bombs than a Strike Eagle can use on one mission.

Link: F-15E Strike Eagles Execute First Operational Tactical Munitions Ferry With The New “Bomb Truck” Configuration - The Aviationist

Edited by davidrbarnette
  • Like 1

Yeah, I didn't read the article...Only ferry? That's lame....😕 9 isn't bad but considering what the Hornet can carry to this big B of an Eagle, you'd figure a heck of a lot more.

• Like 1

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

Taking in count:

9 JDAMS + 4 AIM120 + Range with that loadout i think is quite impressive. 

The Hornet isn´t going to far away with 8 JDAMS hanging out by its own fuel.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 5

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

20 minutes ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

Taking in count:

9 JDAMS + 4 AIM120 + Range with that loadout i think is quite impressive. 

The Hornet isn´t going to far away with 8 JDAMS hanging out by its own fuel.

it still has a lot of range for being much smaller and can, technically, carry 2 amraams and 2 aim-9x with those 8 jdams...

He includes the current LUA file for them. It doesn't have a fall line for AUTO release or a TREL indicator on the HUD...Hell, I'll still roll with it.

How do you and where do you put the LUA file in the Eagle folder?

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"