Autopilot not holding altitude.

Death Merchant

7 hours ago, Nealius said:

BARO alt hold works fine for me, but only once per mission. If I deselect BARO the UFC claims AP is still on. If I use paddle switch to turn AP off, I am then unable to get BARO to work again for the duration of the mission. It will * in the UFC, but won't actually work.

Are you pressing the AP button on the UFC to turn the AP back on?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Are you pressing the AP button on the UFC to turn the AP back on?

AP menu is already up, so no (Hornet habit). Perhaps that's what I'm missing. I thought AP button was a menu access button, with BARO/RDR/HDG and such being the "on" button.

Edited by Nealius

AP, (A), is AP on, Attitude Hold, then the sub menus.

Edited by Holbeach
  • Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Also don’t forget there is no auto throttle control, you need to monitor your speed. I found that if I got slow there would be some bobbing trying to hold the AP setting. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

1 hour ago, Sarge55 said:

Also don’t forget there is no auto throttle control...

Because it hasn't been included yet in EA or it doesn't exist in the 4+ version being modeled?

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

2 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

The latter is my understanding. 

Mine as well.  Love to see that somewhere official.  There's a debate amongst my flying buddies.  😉

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:

There is no auto-throttle. Does not exist at any stage of the -15. 

How an I going to tanker without auto-throttle?

[PC] ASUS X570E - Ryzen 9  5950X - RX 6900 XT - 32GB 3600Mhz

Hornet, A-4E-C, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, F-15E, F-14

Join us on Death Dealers PvE server.

Maybe the placebo effect, but it seems that I'm trimming less with Alt Hold and A/P engaged.  Perhaps I'm just more comfortable in the a/c.

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...

I'm echoing many here, in that it only works intermittently for me, and there's no set of conditions that I can reliably point to, mission to mission, that give me any predictability as to whether it will. 

If I'm flying at 24,000, and I want to set the AP for that alt, and I'm trimmed and flying it already, when I hit AP on and have alt selected, I expect the aircraft to darn well stay there. But it doesn't.  

It'll either slowly sink, slowly loft, or bobble.  

But rarely does it actually stabilize on the altitude that I've commanded it too.  This makes formation flying ridiculous. I can't imagine that the actual AP of the real plane was this finicky, was it? Who would have ever used it?

I have just done a two hour sight seeing flight on the Sinai map in the 15, used the auto pilot extensively and encountered no problems. I don’t know what could be effecting you guys but it would be worth doing a short flight to demonstrate the issues and posting a track replay.

• Like 1

My AP holds attitude, Altitude, Heading, and Steerpoints, from 80' to 30000' without problems and has done since day 1.

• Like 2

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 9:54 AM, Holbeach said:

My AP holds attitude, Altitude, Heading, and Steerpoints, from 80' to 30000' without problems and has done since day 1.

Can you please post a short track of how you engage and use the autopilot?   I can't get Altitude Hold or Altitude Select to maintain altitude.

4 hours ago, Chops said:

Can you please post a short track of how you engage and use the autopilot?   I can't get Altitude Hold or Altitude Select to maintain altitude.

Check this video out from Casmo, it should tell you everything you need to know. 

F15 CBU 97 SA 10 3l.trk

7 hours ago, Chops said:

You can watch the video, but for basic alt hold it's a 2 button press. Here's what I do.

Press A on keyboard or UFC AP button. This will give pitch hold and heading if you are below 7 deg bank. Then press UFC Alt hold. This will level to maintain current alt.

If over 7 deg, this will give Attitude hold.

I will post a track if you still have trouble.

Press button A at start, then alt hold, the NAV then, steering.

All subsequent alterations are button "A".F15 CBU 97 SA 10 3l.trk

Edited by Holbeach