Ability to set WSO switches before start up in "Solo Flight"

777coletrain

What prevents you? I've been in the back numerous times before starting engines.

DCS A-10C II Warthog, DCS AV-8B, DCS F/A-18C. DCS F-16C DCS KA-50 III, DCS F-14B. DCS AH-64 Apache. DCS Mirage F1. DCS F-15E.
System: Z690 - i9-12900k - RTX 3080ti - 32gb ram - 2tb NVME - 2x2tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - MFG Rudders - Trackir/VR

5 minutes ago, Appleonastick said:

What prevents you?

The "solo flight" option only gives access to the front cockpit.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I honestly don't understand the need....
"Solo Flight" simulates a real solo flight. In this case you will not have to switch anything in the rear cockpit. You would never fly a combat mission in the F-15E without a WSO.
But if you want to fly alone on a multiplayer server, for example, the "Solo Flight" option should not be checked, but "Disable Multicrew". This way you fly alone, because nobody can enter the 2nd cockpit, but you can still switch between front and rear.

solo vs disable multicrew.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, felixx75 said:

I honestly don't understand the need....
"Solo Flight" simulates a real solo flight. In this case you will not have to switch anything in the rear cockpit. You would never fly a combat mission in the F-15E without a WSO.
But if you want to fly alone on a multiplayer server, for example, the "Solo Flight" option should not be checked, but "Disable Multicrew". This way you fly alone, because nobody can enter the 2nd cockpit, but you can still switch between front and rear.

solo vs disable multicrew.jpg

I would like to do this because it gets rid of the WSO model. Something just doesn't feel right to me seeing someone else in my plane that isn't actually there. Even if you are going on a solo flight you would go to the back seat and make sure all of the switches are set correctly so I don't see it as being unrealistic.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 777coletrain said:

I would like to do this because it gets rid of the WSO model. Something just doesn't feel right to me seeing someone else in my plane that isn't actually there. Even if you are going on a solo flight you would go to the back seat and make sure all of the switches are set correctly so I don't see it as being unrealistic.

Everything you need to do for a real solo flight, you can do in the front cockpit, otherwise the aircraft would not be certified for a solo flight. Use the "disable multicrew" option and everything is ok. If you don't like the WSO model, don't look at it. "Solo Flight" is proper simulated, and this is good as it is 🙂

4 hours ago, felixx75 said:

Everything you need to do for a real solo flight, you can do in the front cockpit, otherwise the aircraft would not be certified for a solo flight.

Except for the part where the manual tells you to set the TEWS and CMD "as required" in the back seat before start for a solo flight. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, felixx75 said:

Everything you need to do for a real solo flight, you can do in the front cockpit, otherwise the aircraft would not be certified for a solo flight. Use the "disable multicrew" option and everything is ok. If you don't like the WSO model, don't look at it. "Solo Flight" is proper simulated, and this is good as it is 🙂

This is the wishlist section ... can't the OP make his wish in peace, without other people telling him what is good and what is not? 

• Like 6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, 777coletrain said:

Except for the part where the manual tells you to set the TEWS and CMD "as required" in the back seat before start for a solo flight. 

Ok, you can wish whatever you want to, but why should one set the TEWS or CMD in the rear cockpit, if nobody will be there? And why would you need a TEWS anyways, because nobody will fly a F-15E solo in a combat mission 😉 

10 hours ago, 777coletrain said:

TEWS and CMD "as required" in the back seat before start for a solo flight.

I don't recall the manual having any checklists/direction for solo flights. Also, "as required" means just that: as required. If you're not going into combat then you leave those switches off because they aren't required....

That said, I do feel there needs to be more keybinds for WSO switches that can be operated from the pilot seat. We have keybinds for the TPOD ON/STBY/OFF and the CMD Chaff/Flare/Both, so why can't we get keybinds for laser arm, RWR, and CMD knob?

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

This is the wishlist section ... can't the OP make his wish in peace, without other people telling him what is good and what is not? 

I can't believe I just read that on an open forum, lol, smh.

44 minutes ago, Nealius said:

"as required" means just that: as required

It doesn't mean it has to be off so I think you should be able to switch it "as required" 🙃

9 hours ago, felixx75 said:

nobody will fly a F-15E solo in a combat mission

Maybe I want to, maybe it's not realistic. Even if I don't want to and it's not, it doesn't really effect you in anyway so I'm not really sure why you are so against it

Edited by 777coletrain
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Nevyn said:

I can't believe I just read that on an open forum, lol, smh.

Well, Rudel ain't wrong. Too many users are shooting down perfectly reasonable wishes. 😉

12 hours ago, Nealius said:

I don't recall the manual having any checklists/direction for solo flights. Also, "as required" means just that: as required. If you're not going into combat then you leave those switches off because they aren't required....

That said, I do feel there needs to be more keybinds for WSO switches that can be operated from the pilot seat. We have keybinds for the TPOD ON/STBY/OFF and the CMD Chaff/Flare/Both, so why can't we get keybinds for laser arm, RWR, and CMD knob?

I might be totally incorrect here. But if one is good with editing the lua control files, maybe it's possible to open the WSO lua and copy the relevant controls to the pilot controls? 

@Munkwolf @LeCuvier

I'm a totally off for suggesting this? 

Cheers! 

Edit: To be honest. I think most WSO controls should be available from the pilot's seat so we can make our own "Jester" through VoiceAttack. 

Edited by MAXsenna

34 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I might be totally incorrect here. But if one is good with editing the lua control files, maybe it's possible to open the WSO lua and copy the relevant controls to the pilot controls? 

@Munkwolf @LeCuvier

Cheers! 

Edit: To be honest. I think most WSO controls should be available from the pilot's seat so we can make our own "Jester" through VoiceAttack. 

It should be no problem. But I hesitate to start making additions at this early point in time, because I expect RAZBAM to add a fair number of bindings through Early access, and then I have to clean up by removing the duplicates. The same consideration applies to the many axis bindings that are no there yet.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

47 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

It should be no problem. But I hesitate to start making additions at this early point in time, because I expect RAZBAM to add a fair number of bindings through Early access, and then I have to clean up by removing the duplicates. The same consideration applies to the many axis bindings that are no there yet.

Fully understandable, but if they get included in like Munkwolf's repository being pushed with Quaggles injector, there shouldn't be any need to clean up anything. Sort of the beauty with it! 

Cheers! 

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Fully understandable, but if they get included in like Munkwolf's repository being pushed with Quaggles injector, there shouldn't be any need to clean up anything. Sort of the beauty with it! 

Cheers! 

I have never tried the Quaggles injector, but if they are in the injected repository and in the updated stock file you will have duplicates, won't you?

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have never tried the Quaggles injector, but if they are in the injected repository and in the updated stock file you will have duplicates, won't you?
I might have misunderstood Munkwolf. He wrote something about duplicates in another thread.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 7/2/2023 at 10:55 AM, MAXsenna said:

Well, Rudel ain't wrong. Too many users are shooting down perfectly reasonable wishes. 😉

@Munkwolf @LeCuvier

Cheers! 

Yup, that's right. All commands for modules are available for each seat - the distinction is just what is defined in the input lua files. Can copy all commands for one seat into the other's input lua file and it should work.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 3:44 PM, LeCuvier said:

No duplicates (usually). If the device/command/value are the same for a stock command and an injected command, then Quaggles mod doesn't include the injected command. Sometimes there will be a duplicate if for some reason a different value is used. The label will change over if it's different than the injected one. The assigned keybind persists too (since it goes by the device/command/value). If using custom keybinds there's really no reason not to use Quaggles injector unless one is averse to mods or likes doing things the hard way.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Munkwolf said:

No duplicates (usually). If the device/command/value are the same for a stock command and an injected command, then Quaggles mod doesn't include the injected command. Sometimes there will be a duplicate if for some reason a different value is used. The label will change over if it's different than the injected one. The assigned keybind persists too (since it goes by the device/command/value). If using custom keybinds there's really no reason not to use Quaggles injector unless one is averse to mods or likes doing things the hard way.

that's smart!

• Like 2

LeCuvier

On 7/1/2023 at 10:28 PM, Nealius said:

I've been working through adding custom keybinds.. i do see keybinds for laser arm and cmd knob for pilot seat?

"CMD Operational Mode", "TGP Laser Switch", etc.. in same "Rear Cockpit" group as the tpod power and cmd dispenser selection.

will add controls for rwr later today. just finished up first pass at wso keybinds.

pilot: https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds/blob/main/InputCommands/F-15E/Input/F-15E/joystick/default.lua
wso: https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds/blob/main/InputCommands/F-15E/Input/F-15E_WSO/joystick/default.lua

• Like 1

• 1 month later...