Aero made significant price drop

MAThrasher

Just watched it as well. So tempting, but rumor mill keeps hinting at an imminent Valve reveal. I'm going to wait a bit longer.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

4 minutes ago, Hartsblade said:

Just watched it as well. So tempting, but rumor mill keeps hinting at an imminent Valve reveal. I'm going to wait a bit longer.

Totally agree. I just returned mine after struggling with the motion blur and red shift issue. I wonder if they’re knocking the price down to get rid of units ahead of a ‘V2’?

• Like 1

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

This is good news all around.  At $990 the Aero is a steal as it is the 2nd Best Headset on the market behind the Crystal IMO.   They are obviously getting competition from Pimax and that will be good for everyone.  Would love to see Varjo come out with an Aero V2 with more FOV.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Was just coming to post this.  lol  Hmmmm....

I'm leaning towards the Bigscreen personally, due to the form factor and the Micro OLED display...  Both need base stations, but the eye tracking in the Varjo is extremely enticing.

Edited by CybrSlydr
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Greekbull said:

This is good news all around.  At $990 the Aero is a steal as it is the 2nd Best Headset on the market behind the Crystal IMO.   They are obviously getting competition from Pimax and that will be good for everyone.  Would love to see Varjo come out with an Aero V2 with more FOV.

Not everyone agrees about the #2 rating.. 

• Like 1

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

7 minutes ago, CybrSlydr said:

LOL  I found out about the price drop because of his video and was coming here to post it.  😄

I am now selling my HP G2v2 as I just bought the Aero. Lightly used HP G2v2 FS with VR Optician lenses (I wear 2x readers) and Creative Studio headstrap w/250 gm weight.. €400 shipped in EU or €350 picked up in Valencia, Spain. Please remove if this is not allowed.

Edited by =LD=Icer

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

21 minutes ago, =LD=Icer said:

Well I've owned both and used both extensively. The first thing I'll say is you can't go wrong with either headset.  They are both heads and tails above anything else.   I am making observations from my own experience owning 10 different VR headsets and every expensive Consumer VR Headset made to date.  VR Flight Sim Guy isn't really a DCS pilot.  I know he does some flying in DCS but the majority of what he does is MSFS.  I've used ET and DFR in the Crystal Beta for a while now and it surpasses the clarity of the Aero with more FOV and with the exact same performance FPS and smoothness wise I get in the Aero.  And, we haven't received the Wide FOV Lenses yet which should give it a bit more of an edge. I'm running the Crystal at 300% Foveated area resolution and 5% peripheral and it is pretty much 4K level clarity.  I still think the Aero is awesome and will be ordering a Aero 2 Day 1 if it comes with more FOV than PImax, if I haven't already gone to 12K because Pimax is getting it right this time around...

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Wow , very nice price drop on an incredible headset that still is excellent.

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Somnium VR1 is getting close to release, if the specs are true it will put it above Aero and Crystal, this may be a part of the decision made by Varjo as VR1 has some DNA from Vrgineers, a competitor to Varjo's high-end HMDs.

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, MSI PRO X670-P WIFI (AM5)32GB RGB DDR5 6000MHz Nvidia 4090

HP Reverb G2

HOTAS Virpil CM3 Joystick Throttle & Pedals

This can only mean that some new major headset announcement is coming, either from Varjo themselves or other companies.

• Like 3

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

11 hours ago, =LD=Icer said:

This guy actually gets on my nerves somewhat, he is way too excitable and virtually every headsest he tests is the "best headset ever", until the next one is sent to him free-of-charge (with affiliate code).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

- Michael

Intel Core i7 13700K | RTX 4070 | ASUS TUF Z690 | Pimax Crystal | Virpil/Warthog HOTAS

1 hour ago, MichaelJWP15 said:

This guy actually gets on my nerves somewhat, he is way too excitable and virtually every headsest he tests is the "best headset ever", until the next one is sent to him free-of-charge (with affiliate code).

Fully agree!!

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Oh, don't diss on Steve! He seems like such a nice chap!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Oh, don't diss on Steve! emoji17.png He seems like such a nice chap! emoji6.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I like him because he is one of the few focusing on flight sims. I think he gives his honest opinion, as he states the strengths and weaknesses of what he tests. Just my €.02. Guys like MRTV are the ones that make me crazy...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, =LD=Icer said:

I like him because he is one of the few focusing on flight sims. I think he gives his honest opinion, as he states the strengths and weaknesses of what he tests. Just my €.02. Guys like MRTV are the ones that make me crazy...

He totally lost me when he absolutely praised Varjo's first attempt at Motion Reprojection as being awesome. It was absolutely horrible and I have no idea how could have praised something like that. In fact after a few updates it is better but still not good enough for me to want to use it.

• Like 4

Don B

3 minutes ago, dburne said:

He totally lost me when he absolutely praised Varjo's first attempt at Motion Reprojection as being awesome. It was absolutely horrible and I have no idea how could have praised something like that. In fact after a few updates it is better but still not good enough for me to want to use it.

You would know better than me! Thing is with Varjo, it seems that at least they are constantly improving. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, =LD=Icer said:

Yes, I like his enthusiasm and he seems nice. But not sure how tech-savvy he is to be honest. MRTV 😱
I did like that "Thrillseeker"(?) guy, but haven't seen anything lately. He's mostly into games of course, but I like all the various VR peripherals he tests. He tested that (Bigscreen?) tiny one way before Steve.

Cheers!

• Like 2

On 9/21/2023 at 11:12 AM, dburne said:

The lack of good reprojection does bother me about the aero. Even at this new price, it's one of the reasons why I have stayed with meta (hate incoming...). Really tempted to buy an aero but was planning on Q3, yeah big difference but I am in the minority of people that actually like the meta headsets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoirtel said:

The lack of good reprojection does bother me about the aero. Even at this new price, it's one of the reasons why I have stayed with meta (hate incoming...). Really tempted to buy an aero but was planning on Q3, yeah big difference but I am in the minority of people that actually like the meta headsets. 

I can only speak for me and my experience. Personally I have found that running mine with vsync locked to 45 fps in Varjo Base and no re-projection gives me the best performance with hardly any stutter long as I can maintain 45 fps which I do. This is of course utilizing eye tracked DFR.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

1 hour ago, Kercheiz said:

Hi everyone! How would you value an Aero upgrade from a Reverb G2 for exclusive DCS use? Does it require more ressource or may I keep a similar FPS?

The 990€ sales are really tempting.

Thanks a lot!

I think you would need to say what your system specs are.....