Steerpoints in auto mode

grim_reaper68
Go to solution Solved by Maverick806,

Hi

Chuck guide refers that you have to use SEQ to switch between both modes, but in DCS you have to use M-SEL to make it. I believe that Chuck's guide that was wroten in 01/2022 was up to date. has it been changed in DCS after the edition of the guide? Just looked at a video from 2019 and the switching was working with the dobber SEQ action.

• Solution

From Page 107 of the manual:
To toggle between Automatic and Manual steerpoint sequencing, use the DCS Up/Down positions to place the DED Asterisks over AUTO/MAN data field and press the 0/M-SEL button on the ICP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i9 9900K, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3080

Valve Index, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM TPR Pedals

In Chuck's guide, on page 678 it is stated:

"Select Manual or Automatic sequencing as desired. This is done by setting Dobber switch Right (SEQ)."

There must be a bug...

It’s also like that in the Wags video:

Edited by Fred901
  • Like 1

That was changed a long time ago. Do what Maverick described and you are good to go. The Video from Wags is outdated.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Fred901 said:

In Chuck's guide, on page 678 it is stated:

It’s also like that in the Wags video:

Chuck's guide is likely out-dated. The procedures described in the current DCS F-16 Early Access Guide are correct. Pressing DCS to the SEQ position switches steerpoints 21-25 to MGRS entry format.

As is with all videos shown for Early Access products, the functionality may change as the module is refined.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

1 hour ago, grim_reaper68 said:

What about that? Is it out of of date too? Found on the web. 

I read something about the M-SEL in fact, but it's to activate the CMD STRG on the T-ILS page.

That's from the MLU M1 manual, not applicable to the DCS variant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• ED Team

A reminder for all, please do not post from real world manuals here on the forum, check out our 1.16 rule at the top of the page. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Topics were merged.

Like @Raptor9said, the current implementation is correct according to the variant we're replicating in DCS World. 

Please remember videos or documents created months or even years ago may contain certain procedures that could have been refined by new documentation, subject matter expert input or just a better understanding of certain logics. This is why it's important to follow the changelogs for the updates.

• Like 1

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord