Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

2.9 MT - DLSS greyed out and unselectable

eatthis

Not to hijack this, but I have the same exact problem. I've attached my log file.

In there I noticed: NVIDIA DLSS not available on this hardward/platform., FeatureInitResult = 0x00000001, info: N
even though I have the a 4090 and the latest driver as of yesterday.
Here's the log file. Any hints you can give would be appreciated. 

For system sanity sake, I checked MS Flight Sim and DLSS is available and on in that sim.

Bob

dcs.log

It says the same in my log file. I think in general this whole 'graphics refining upgrade' is causing major issues with the rest of the 'working' DCS. I see a lot of graphical issues rising for almost everyone !

Not good ....

15 minutes ago, RWC said:

It says the same in my log file. I think in general this whole 'graphics refining upgrade' is causing major issues with the rest of the 'working' DCS. I see a lot of graphical issues rising for almost everyone !

Not good ....

This is the OPEN Beta version.

You and some others might wish to consider it as the stable version, but it’s not.  There are some implications of effectively being a beta tester 

• Like 5

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Im having the same issue.  I cant select any upscaling its all greyed out.   Even though I probably shouldnt use it since im running a 4090.  The AntiAliasing is all greyed out as well.  The new shadows is also greyed out.  Im not going to do a new install again.  This is getting frustrating.  Im doing a file verification on steam and see what happens.  Maybe I will turn beta off and back on?  I dont know.  

AMD 7900x; Nvidia MSI 4090 Trio; MSI x670e MEG ACE; gSkill 64gb; Thrustmaster F16 Control; WinWIng F16 Throttle; Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals; Valve Index VR headset 

37 minutes ago, TKNARMZ said:

Im having the same issue.  I cant select any upscaling its all greyed out.   Even though I probably shouldnt use it since im running a 4090.  The AntiAliasing is all greyed out as well.  The new shadows is also greyed out.  Im not going to do a new install again.  This is getting frustrating.  Im doing a file verification on steam and see what happens.  Maybe I will turn beta off and back on?  I dont know.  

Are you actually running MT?  Does it say MT Preview before the version number on the splash screen?  There are a few posts about the fact that in Steam the Start MT button wasn't working correctly (I don't use Steam so I can't really give you details).

^ In the other thread, a guy got it solved by updating his drivers from 531.xx to 545.xx version. Which ones are you on? Might be worth trying.

Edit: Disregard, I've noticed you updated them already. I wonder if some NV cpl setting might be interfering, though.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I am running on steam and had the same problem.

I am on MT preview and the only way I could get it to work was to launch DCS through the steam application library window(where it has that green box that says PLAY with a sideways triangle). 

Any other way of launching DCS was a no go. Running from a steam generated desktop shortcut, running via DCS.exe in \bin-mt folder did not work.

Doing this I can't run my batch file that runs some apps while launching DCS, so this is a bit of an inconvenience but it worked for me.

Edited by m005106

2 hours ago, Art-J said:

^ In the other thread, a guy got it solved by updating his drivers from 531.xx to 545.xx version.

I'm still running 516.94 and i have all options available (tried 545.xx but that one gives stutters).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

9 hours ago, Flappie said:

Please attach a full dcs.log. The one you attach does not show the GPU detection part.

To get a full dcs.log, start DCS, wait the main menu to appear, then exit.

Did this do the trick. I was starting the game without VR/WMR - DLSS is still greyed out but the FPS count is a healthy 180 now.

dcs.log

Update - after Flappie told me to get a full log (that step isn't intuitive so your instruction was good) I read it and saw my NVidia driver was not allowing DLSS. I checked that the driver was up to date in Windows 11 settings and it said it was the latest. Then I checked directly with Nvidia and found it was 2 years out of date! There's a lesson. So I updated it manually and now DLSS works. I get 35 FPs so it is still less than my single thread version but it is operable. I'll investigate more but for now I guess my query on DLSS is solved.

Many thanks

6 hours ago, TKNARMZ said:

I found that my Nvidia driver needed to be updated. WIndows was telling me it was fine but a manual check proved otherwise. I can now use DLSS (but my FPS still sucks).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Flappie said:

Can you please attach his dcs.log file?

Another friend has the same problem. this is his logfile and What they both have in common is that they use the Steam version.

Edit : When "Always ask for game launch option" is selected in Steam and started with MT, the DLAA option is fixed. But when you exit the game and enter it again, DLAA becomes unselectable.

dcs.log.old

Edited by TheConqueror
  • Thanks 1

Yes, you guys need to be on MT and have a recent GPU driver (>> 500) installed. And an RTX card. Deleting options.lua made it available for some people, too.

We still have people where all that is true but DLSS doesn't show up. The message in the logs states that DLSS isn't available on this hardware, where it truely is.

If anybody has an idea, would be highly appreciated. 

15 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Thanks. It seems many users are having this problem, even though their NVIDIA drivers are compatible (whch is the case in the log you attached). So far, we haven't found a solution.

As a temporary solution, they can use what I explained. At least until the problem is solved permanently.

In Steam, you have to use game launch option every single time to launch MT.

Do not start from outside of steam (steam api will reset any attempts from outside of steam).

Do not right-click the steam tray icon to start DCS.

They are falling back to the DEFAULT launch option.

In case you accidentally saved a launch option and are unable to see the dialog:

image.png

DLSS and DLAA and TAA only support MT version. the log you posted is bin version shows your friend is running the ST version.

Command line: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe

They must use steam launch option selection dialog to start MT preview. No exception. Every single time.

Edited by Insonia

@TheConqueror I may have something. Could you ask them to try this?

1. Run regedit.
  2. Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers"
  3. See if it contains a "TDRLevel" key: if it does, delete this key then reboot your PC.

(from https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dlss-option-not-showing-up/528952/248)

EDIT: I'm told by a Discord user that this works. 🙂

Edited by Flappie
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@Flappie I think you get confused between OP and bob?

It was not wise suggest an unintended user mess with driver testing and debugging flags. 

OP "TheConqueror"'s issue is simply a Steam launch option problem that is affect  every game that uses the Steamwork API.

The game will reset to default(ST) every time if user does not use the launch option.  I'm very familiar with this steam issue.

3 hours ago, TheConqueror said:

Edit : When "Always ask for game launch option" is selected in Steam and started with MT, the DLAA option is fixed. 

His log shows it still running at the ST version. Simple as that.

bob's issue is "FeatureInitResult = 0x00000001 " was completely different

32 minutes ago, felipesm said:

Is Dlaa only for nvidia cards? I can't select it too, rx 6700xt

Yes. Nvidia exclusive.

AMD have FSR

Edited by Insonia
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Flappie said:

@TheConqueror I may have something. Could you ask them to try this?

1. Run regedit.
  2. Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers"
  3. See if it contains a "TDRLevel" key: if it does, delete this key then reboot your PC.

(from https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dlss-option-not-showing-up/528952/248)

EDIT: I'm told by a Discord user that this works. 🙂

This fixed the problem. Just tried it out and DLAA / DLSS is available now.

Also, when I ran REGEDIT, it was already at that key which means I probably added that in myself as some tweak or fix for something else in the recent past.

Sorry to the OP... didn't mean to hijack, just didn't want to start another "DLSS is grayed out" thread. 

Flappie. Thank's my friend. 

Edited by bob34
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

@FatihBir şeyim olabilir. Onlardan bunu denemelerini isteyebilir misiniz?

1. Regedit'i çalıştırın.
  2. "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\ GraphicsDrivers " konumuna göz atın
  3. Bir " TDRLevel " anahtarı içerip içermediğine bakın : içeriyorsa, bu anahtarı silin ve ardından bilgisayarınızı yeniden başlatın.

( https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dlss-option-not-showing-up/528952/248 adresinden )

EDIT: Bir Discord kullanıcısı bana bunun işe yaradığını söyledi.🙂

My friend is try this but not working for him.

21 minutes ago, TheConqueror said:

My friend is try this but not working for him.

Because this registry has nothing to do with the Steam launch option. it's unrelated with the logs you provided.

It's two separated cases.

Steam users must use the select launch option. 

You can click the "Always use this option". I personally oppose saving it because if it causing another issue in the future that you will not remember this setting. And the "Always use this option" only affects the Green "▶Play" button in steam.

Just Use the "Always ask for game launch option" in Steam and started with MT is the Steam solution. It's literally how steam works.

Stop messing around with Testing and debugging flags if you have never touched them before. 

It may cause nvlddmkm.sys errors. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys

• Like 1