DCS 2.9 AH-64 ATT Hold Not Working

AndreNL
Go to solution Solved by AndreNL,

This has been driving me nuts, good to know it's not just me. Cruising in level flight and engaging ATT results in uncommanded roll. Engaging ATT after establishing a hands-off hover with FTR results in massive pitch or roll movements until it eventually settles down. Hotfix patch notes claimed it was fixed but it evidently is not.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

Hm, can't get it. Always after Take Off, I immediately switch to hover by pressing ATT Hold. BUT only after the bird isn't moving any longer in any direction. Only then I press ATT Hold. It just evens out and that's it. Cyclic is in "INSTANT TRIM (FFB FRIENDLY)" and Pedals "WITHOUT SPRINGS AND FFB".

Same with level flight. Reduce speed to zero and keep it - if it helps  - in the BOB (toggling the symbology select switch AFT) by sensibly playing with pedals, collective and cyclic. When centered, press ATT Hold.

Works fine for me. Takes just some training and patience...😉

WIN10-Pro., ASUS ROG Z390-E, INTEL Core i7-970K, RTX 2080Ti, 64GB RAM, ACER Predator XB271HU 2560 x 1440 144Hz, DCS Open Beta: SSD970 EVO Plus 1TB, DCS Stable: SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar (U2nxt) / Foxy, Simpeds , TrackIR 5

I have the same problem. As soon as I press attitude hold, the helicopter starts to slowly roll to the right side. This makes the autopilot unusable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

1 hour ago, Trigger said:

Works fine for me. Takes just some training and patience...😉

Other threads (or maybe even this one) mention a wind component to the issue, so maybe you are flying in a zero-wind environment?

It definitely isn't just a user issue.  At one point I had established a very stable manual hover with less than 1 knot of drift, and when I enabled ATT Hold, the aircraft worked its way into an oscillation that exceeded 50 knot swings forward and backward.

• Like 3

@Floyd1212: You're right. Zero wind. Will try with different weather settings. So best ignore my comment🤒.

WIN10-Pro., ASUS ROG Z390-E, INTEL Core i7-970K, RTX 2080Ti, 64GB RAM, ACER Predator XB271HU 2560 x 1440 144Hz, DCS Open Beta: SSD970 EVO Plus 1TB, DCS Stable: SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar (U2nxt) / Foxy, Simpeds , TrackIR 5

Seems like you need to be VERY precise with your trim and manual hover before pushing ATT hold otherwise aircraft will throw it self all over the place before eventually enters hover... or crashes into something. Depends. That ain`t seems the right behavior.

Edited by LynxD

Att GEORGE, MT, VR ---- ETC   SO MUCH IS FOBARed   Never seen such a poor Beta release.   So hard to do much of anything.   I have read all the post, sure hope DCS/ED fixes things.  Very unhappy customer here.  I have spent way to much money to see this mess.  Might just go back to X-plane?

• Like 2

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

Just blowing some steam.   But like I said - worst Beta I have ever seen  -- and only been playing with them for 50 years.  Somebody(s) really screwed up with this one.  It is nice to add a few new features, DLSS  ALSS, voice, etc, but DO NO HARM!!!

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

3 hours ago, admiki said:

It seems this is the case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Keep the SCAS tweaks on a dev branch and keep them off the release branches until the changes are complete, then it won't be "damned if you do, damned if you don't." 

10 hours ago, Nealius said:

Keep the SCAS tweaks on a dev branch and keep them off the release branches until the changes are complete, then it won't be "damned if you do, damned if you don't." 

And then you'll get bunch of whining "but, what is taking them this long? Why don't they release it anyway, this thing is unflyable right now!"

• Like 3

Dear fellow pilots, 
I did not start this topic to complain, humiliate or completely criticize someone. 
I started this topic to see if I am the only pilot who has this problem, and if not, it is a signal to the designers to address these problems in their work. 
We are talking about the beta version here, it is still Work In Progress. 
As everyone is slowly used to, an update is always 3 steps forward and 1 step back. A lot of problems have been solved, which I am very grateful for and yes, unfortunately, 1 problem has rised to the surface. 
Together with the entire community, we are real testers here, we experience the defects and we pass them on so that developers can work on them. In a real Apache, things sometimes break... don't forget that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndreNL said:

I started this topic to see if I am the only pilot who has this problem, and if not, it is a signal to the designers to address these problems in their work. 

You are not alone. I'm facing the some problem even with the latest patch. Lets hope they will improve this soon.

But cudos to them for fixing the replays when flying helicopters. 🙂

Edited by Nereid
  • Like 1

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

22 hours ago, comcat said:

It's so bad. how can you brake something that was working so bad. UPdate? no- Downdate!!!

This is quite common in software development. Often things depend on each other. A fix here, another issue there. Sometimes the new issue is overlooked.

But ATT mode works that bad (at least for me), it is really hard to overlook.

• Like 1

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Right now it is definitely better not to use the autopilot at all 🙂

• Like 1

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• 2 weeks later...