Is TNDL still Link-16?

drsoran
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I have a question regarding this sentence from the Viper Mini Updates. Perhaps this was already answered before but I could not find any statement.

NOTE 3. Due to complications stemming from our other businesses, we had to adjust datalink terms. In this case, Tactical Net Datalink (TNDL). 

When using data link in the F-16 are we still referring to a simulation of Link-16? Or is TNDL an own data link net that may overlap with Link-16 capabilities but is not Link-16? At least the label at the HSD MFD page below "XMT" was L16 before, now it is TNDL.

This is not complaining and I understand if complications arose. This is just for classification.

We don't know the exact reason why, but Eagle Dynamics had to remove references to Link-16 in modules and renamed it to TNDL, but it is still functionally the same as it always was besides how the updates effected it (just the assignments). Afaik it still is supposed to represent L16, but they just can't name it as such. It's changed only in name.

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team
  • Solution
37 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

IC will not go through I suppose.

@NineLine would it be possible to rename it?

We will not be renaming it, the naming is intentional. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 2/13/2024 at 11:29 PM, Razor68 said:

I can't get it to work anymore.

There's a bug in the current version that prevents it from working properly. You can fix it as a workaround by toggling the GPS time to OFF and back to ON on the DL page on the DED.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

18 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

There's a bug in the current version that prevents it from working properly. You can fix it as a workaround by toggling the GPS time to OFF and back to ON on the DL page on the DED.

Thanks.