UK Aircraft, Classified Status and Systems Modelling?

rkk01

12 hours ago, Xilon_x said:

image.png.132a6cbda382312efafc3097a46410

do you remember this in DCS?

Unfortunately, I *do* remember that.

so you think the English are such assholes?

Well, I am a colonial, yes! But more practically... also, yes! They are fussy about these topics.

don't think so....I think this plane is very important for the English

It is an unarmed trainer jet widely exported. Also, beside the point. They can be negotiated with, that doesn't mean those negotiations are as painless as with some other countries. ''Hard to work with'' does not mean ''impossible''.

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• ED Team

Last reminder for people in this thread. 

Treat everyone with respect, stay on topic and keep away from politics. Failure to comply will earn you warning points and a deleted post. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

The Sea Harrier FRS1 flight manual is easily available online. The Sea Harrier FRS1 weapons manual, which covers the radar isn't ( to my knowledge ) - but the BAE Heritage Centre has a physical copy that can be viewed ( and photographed ) by anyone for a small fee. Very probably there are other copies in private hands.
At the time ( and maybe now ? ) manuals would be destroyed as a matter of routine after a weapon system had been out of service for 10 or 15 years to reduce the amount of bumpf that the MOD had to store and deal with. That's the reason for the scarcity of manuals.
There is no research barrier to anyone wanting to model a Falklands era Sea Harrier for simulation, anyone saying there is hasn't tried very hard.

The Sea Harrier FA2 radar was a special case. It was very capable and could guide AMRAAMs - it was considered so sensitive that when it went out of service the MOD told the manufacturers to destroy every last piece of paper that was written about it, not just any manuals. The radars themselves were smashed into tiny pieces and buried in an undisclosed location. Probably RAF Spadeadam for anyone with a metal detector and a desire to be arrested by MOD PLOD 😄

• Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

On 11/21/2023 at 6:31 PM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Well, there's still a reason we have a "M2000C" instead of a "Mirage 2000C" 😉 

legal IP/ copyright  concerns from Dassault or something. probably same reason why the "hornet" from the F/A18C got removed in the main menu. 

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

There is no research barrier to anyone wanting to model a Falklands era Sea Harrier for simulation, anyone saying there is hasn't tried very hard.

That’s my take, unfortunately…

… and the point of this thread was around the degree of fidelity required to allow a DCS module

As @Mars Exulte states ^^, DCS aircraft don’t have a radar… just an approximation of how a particular unit performs - in which case you’d expect sufficient osint material to allow the FRS1 and other UK aircraft to be modelled

Agree that the FA2 is a totally different issue

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 11:49 AM, Mr_sukebe said:

It's interesting that the French, German and Spanish don't mind so much.

Makes me wonder if the Indians would let us have data on the Sea Harrier, and the south Africans data on the Buccaneer.

Could be the same with the Jags as India still run these!

Man I'd love to see one though! Also hoping they might just send one over to RIAT before final retirement... Can always wish!

On 12/1/2023 at 12:16 PM, ollk22 said:

Could be the same with the Jags as India still run these!

Man I'd love to see one though! Also hoping they might just send one over to RIAT before final retirement... Can always wish!

By that thought, ED could have created a Su-25 module with information from Peru or Bulgaria... but we have the Russian "problem"... England is very picky with its secrets. if no aproval, not movements.

Regarding the manuals, Wags has been reminding us for two videos that if there is no information from "open sources", he does not give a "not go" to a 3rd party to create a module. About  radars, ED has an radar model, and is implementing a new radar-model of search mode operations functionality.

• 7 months later...