Emergency Deck Barrier please !

toni

There has not been any news on the carrier other than they are working on it. At this point since there is nothing in the promotional communication that would suggest a barrier or ready room is near it's a safe bet nothing is going to come in the near term. The only thing that has been communicated is the Ready room and the possibility for more deck crew. The ready room is in the works so I would think that is going to happen before anything else. I've seen that Vulcan was mentioned in some posts as a requirement for ready room but I don't know if that is true. If it is then in my opinion we won't see anything for a few years. The carrier works with the hornet OK and its better than the Stennis so that's not a bad thing.

Edited by ruxtmp
  • Like 3

The 2023 & Beyond literally had 1 second of carrier footage included. It was very indicative of what we’ve subsequently received in the last year. If the 2024 & Beyond video is remotely similar, I wouldn’t be holding your breath for anything new coming to the SuperCarrier, even the deck directors, which is the only thing ED has remotely mentioned recently.

• Like 2

Emg barrier ??

We snag 3 wire all day and night 😉 

• Like 1

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, ruxtmp said:

There has not been any news on the carrier other than they are working on it. At this point since there is nothing in the promotional communication that would suggest a barrier or ready room is near it's a safe bet nothing is going to come in the near term. The only thing that has been communicated is the Ready room and the possibility for more deck crew. The ready room is in the works so I would think that is going to happen before anything else. I've seen that Vulcan was mentioned in some posts as a requirement for ready room but I don't know if that is true. If it is then in my opinion we won't see anything for a few years. The carrier works with the hornet OK and its better than the Stennis so that's not a bad thing.

The Supercarrier has been receiving a lot of work behind the scenes. This can be divided into the following features:

Ready Room and PRIFLY (airboss deck). Both views will provide new functionality never seen before in a DCS product. To complete this, we will first need to release the Vulkan API into DCS

Both rooms will be a 3D environment that support VR and Voice Chat that allows you to:

Ready Room

• Review your mission brief and set up your aircraft.
  • View various cameras around the deck.
  • Chat with other players.
  • Review the mission map.
  • Live sounds from “the roof”.

PRIFLY

• View the deck below you.
  • Direct the carrier’s heading and speed with wind indications (permission controls available for network play).
  • Control deck lighting.
  • View PLAT CAM.
  • View plotting map.

New Plane Directors and Captains. The next big step is to add plane captains next to the aircraft that pass the pilot to a series of plane directors (yellow shirts) that will route the aircraft from its parking spot to the assigned catapult. Upon landing, yellow shirts will direct the aircraft from the landing box to its assigned parking location or back to a catapult.

Supercarrier

Development Progress

We continue to add the logic and animations that govern how aircraft are directed from a parking location to a catapult and how aircraft are directed out of the landing area after recovering. This includes new yellow shirt plane directors and brown shirt plane captains. Aircraft will be handed off between multiple plane directors to reach their assigned catapults with realistic animations.  Closed Beta Testing of this is on-going. This is a complex and time consuming task to account for a myriad of conditions that could “break” the logic. Thank you for your patience as we strive to complete this new feature soon.

No Supercarrier, but related.

FLIR

Development Report

We have recently been developing infrared (IR) textures for ships, deck personnel, and more ground units. This required gathering and analysing various references. As a result, we created IR textures for units that correspond to engine locations, exhaust systems, electronic devices, and weapons. They will have the ability to noticeably heat up and cool down based on operation. Authentic IR maps have also been developed for the DCS: Supercarrier deck crew, where the thickness of clothing, equipment, masks, and human body heat are considered. Please stay tuned for more news on this subject soon

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Authentic IR maps have also been developed for the DCS: Supercarrier deck crew, where the thickness of clothing, equipment, masks, and human body heat are considered. Please stay tuned for more news on this subject soon

Honestly, this kind of seems like ED is missing the forest for the trees. Great attention to detail, but I’m sure the vast majority would like the important stuff working first. For example, fixing the spawn/cat issues, or adding actual useful features such as automatic stear-into-wind without 3rd party scripts, or bolter support, especially during case iii procedures. 

• Like 5

• ED Team

as we have mentioned many times before the supercarrier development continues, some of the new features will require DCS core feature improvements ( vulkan ) before we can deliver everything listed on the store page. 

Work on plane directors is currently in progress and when we are ready we will share more news. 

thank you 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

as we have mentioned many times before the supercarrier development continues, some of the new features will require DCS core feature improvements ( vulkan ) before we can deliver everything listed on the store page. 

Work on plane directors is currently in progress and when we are ready we will share more news. 

thank you 

Thx man. All here right now yada yada yada. Thx for all the hard work. 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

20 hours ago, norman99 said:

Honestly, this kind of seems like ED is missing the forest for the trees. Great attention to detail, but I’m sure the vast majority would like the important stuff working first. For example, fixing the spawn/cat issues, or adding actual useful features such as automatic stear-into-wind without 3rd party scripts, or bolter support, especially during case iii procedures. 

This is very much the story of this module. So many important features are missing, yet all we hear about are the plane directors nobody should care about anyways.

• Like 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, BarTzi said:

This is very much the story of this module. So many important features are missing, yet all we hear about are the plane directors nobody should care about anyways.

Read my post again. Some of the planned features require core updates that are in progress. We all need to continue to be patient. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BarTzi said:

...all we hear about are the plane directors nobody should care about anyways.

Deck crew is one of the top features of SC, so please, speak for yourself.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Read my post again. Some of the planned features require core updates that are in progress. We all need to continue to be patient. 

What we know now is that the ready room and the airboss station require additions to the sim in the form of Vulkan API. If anything else is required for ATC additions, letting the carrier turn into the wind, or ATC MP compatibility, just let us know so we won't have those discussions over and over again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BarTzi said:

What we know now is that the ready room and the airboss station require additions to the sim in the form of Vulkan API. If anything else is required for ATC additions, letting the carrier turn into the wind, or ATC MP compatibility, just let us know so we won't have those discussions over and over again.

ATC has a core feature, no Supercarrier exclusive.

Air Traffic Control (ATC)
2022 has focused on the continued development of the Supercarrier ATC system. Following its completion, the next focus will be to bring those advancements to airfields. This is certainly no simple task and will require three unique ATC systems for: western modern day, eastern modern day, and World War II.

A complete redesign of the modern day, western ATC system is underway. In parallel, modern day western radio communications for Flight, Other Flights, AWACS, and Tanker are also being revised.

• ED Team
5 hours ago, BarTzi said:

Where did you hear that those items required Vulcan? When we have more news we will share in the newsletter. Let's not make any wild claims on anything we have not shared just yet. Thanks. 

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png