How do you like DLSS?

mobile83

7 hours ago, Hiob said:

Well, when your hardware signature is correct, you can’t even use DLAA (or DLSS for that matter).

Doing this on my phone, I was unable to change that yesterday. Now its updated somehow.

Edited by Wali763

2 hours ago, Wali763 said:

Doing this on my phone, I was unable to change that yesterday. Now its updated somehow.

RTX40 - must be some cool card 😉 At least it can run DLSS/DLAA.

3 hours ago, Comstedt86 said:

1.1440P monitor.

2.Resolution set at 3840x2160 downscaled/supersampling.

3. Run FSR2 or DLSS at Quality (3840x2160 = 1440P internal resolution)

Running DLAA or FSR with same resolution would give you the same - native res with AA applied.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

5 hours ago, draconus said:

RTX40 - must be some cool card 😉 At least it can run DLSS/DLAA.

Running DLAA or FSR with same resolution would give you the same - native res with AA applied.

True, but we can't do that with FSR in DCS. Maybe some day if FSR3 ever gets implemented. Looking at game files it seems what we have ingame is only FSR1 with forced TAA applied, unless the code is hidden somewhere else.

I know this is DLSS thread but just wanted to add my opinion on FSR2.   I'm running a RX6700XT on a 5600x OC and I've switched off all FSR/TAA sampling.

Dont get me wrong it works fine.... a lot of ghosting, artifacts etc... but its all just too 'mushy' and soft for me tba.

Rather than going 1440p and FSR2 (0.9 Quality) which reduces the effective resolution below 1440p I get better and cleaner results forcing the screen resolution to 3200x1800 on my 2k monitor with 2x MSAA, reducing the shadow quality and letting AMD Radeon do the rest.

easily maintain 60-75fps and the graphics are crisp and clear  

Edited by Droning_On
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:44 PM, Comstedt86 said:

Makes no sense, atleast in DCS FSR also suffers from alot of ghosting. 

Both techs seem to ghost at any setting under max quality, but at max quality...  for me FSR has less to no ghosting.  Seems consistent in all games but you have to be using the tech for quality and not frame time...  because if you're doing it for frametime then you won't likely be using max quality.  Honestly though...  I don't use either one if I can avoid it specifically because of this.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

The ghosting of DLSS and DLAA is an inherent characteristic of the temporal AA that it is based on. How strong it is depends a lot from your overall fps. From 120 fps upwards it is pretty negligible for my taste.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just wanted to add my 2 cents as well, an see of someone has simila experiences.

My rig is pretty maxed out atm 4090, 7950x, 64GB DDR5 5600 and i usw a Reverb G2 Pixel Density @ 0.8 and fps locked to 45 bc stutters

I've tried DLSS as it released on all settings to maybe get to a stable 90. No luck so far...

Since then I've been flying on DLAA and just now swtched over to TAA.

What i have been noticing in the Streagle is, that MFD's are really screwed on DLAA. The RADAR-sweep carat for example is completely obscured, you just see a green haze in the bottom.

Not a problem on TAA. Everything is waay clearer and sharper.

However on takeoff the HUD-frame ghosts aaaaall the way to the backseat, if you know what i mean 😄

But TAA is still miles ahead of DLAA in my opinion.

From what I can figure comparing DCS and another sim is the better your frame rate, the better DLSS looks. That makes sense because the AI has more to work with. In DCS I get 120 FPS and it looks fine but of course I don’t need it. So why bother? In the other sim which will tax even hardware like mine (30-40 FPS) DLSS looks completely awful. So again, no reason to use it there either. DLAA only looks good with high frame rates too. So DLSS is like a bank willing to loan you money when you are no longer in debt 😆

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

4 hours ago, Mobius_11804 said:

My rig is pretty maxed out atm 4090, 7950x, 64GB DDR5 5600 and i usw a Reverb G2 Pixel Density @ 0.8 and fps locked to 45 bc stutters

Do you find locking to 45fps eliminates stuttering for you as it's exactly half of your refresh rate? (Or by saying you lock fps at 45, are you saying that you use motion reprojection)?

Changed today my precious gtx 970 to rtx 4060. Before change I checked fps in my testing spot on airfield in Batumi, with same settings ect and from 41 FPS it went to more than 200FPS it didn't want to get higher even though card was only around 85% there was some sort of a cap (300FPS set in settings). Well I still have i5 4690K and 16GB ram so im only able to fly solo otherwise processor load goes to 100% and stuttering appears. 

Anyway after 9 years of using gtx 970 I think that was the best graphics card I ever owned, I could still play many good looking games on almost max settings without MSAA. Had to change it to play H2 but not much changed since H2 is really processor heavy.

About DLSS in DCS I didn't liked it, its blurry/smudging even on quality settings. 60FPS solo is all I need yet Marianas map is still unplayable for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter5on said:

Anyway after 9 years of using gtx 970 I think that was the best graphics card I ever owned...

Any card can be great if you run old enough games on it. I used to own 970 and even started my VR journey with it when others recommended 1080 as minimum.

Try DLAA and 0.5 sharpening. CPU is your bottleneck now in most cases.

btw: What is H2?

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

7 hours ago, Peter5on said:

Changed today my precious gtx 970 to rtx 4060.

Well, that card earned its cost, that’s for sure! 👍

You‘re probably severely cpu-bottlenecked right now, which is great! You can turn all the gfx fidelity knobs clockwise until you aren’t anymore! 😁

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

10 hours ago, draconus said:

What is H2?

Helldivers 2, just didn't wanted to use full name because of obvious reasons, but yeah now i will change the rest, the gpu was just a test. i5 4690K is useless these days unless you playing some moba games. But years ago it was alright now DCS is really processor heavy.

• Like 1

Am 19.3.2024 um 00:23 schrieb Dangerzone:

Do you find locking to 45fps eliminates stuttering for you as it's exactly half of your refresh rate? (Or by saying you lock fps at 45, are you saying that you use motion reprojection)?

I use the in-game fps slider. When uncapped i can get smooth 90 up high, but below 3-5k feet it drops down to between 50 and 60 stuttery. So I decided to put it down to 45 just to keep it completely out of the stutter zone.

• Thanks 1