Bagdad airport seems to be matched very nicely!

Gierasimov

I am not sure why @Wags said it was Bagram, which seems to be repeated by @Silver_Dragon but nevertheless I must say that the quality of detail on the upcoming Bagdad airport looks rather promising. Well done ED terrain team, really nice piece of work in progress.  

image.jpeg

Funny that neither of the experienced airmen could tell the difference, with at least Wombat putting a correct guess - 

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 11

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

3 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

I am not sure why @Wags said it was Bagram, which seems to be repeated by @Silver_Dragon but nevertheless I must say that the quality of detail on the upcoming Bagdad airport looks rather promising. Well done ED terrain team, really nice piece of work in progress.  

image.jpeg

Funny that neither of the experienced airmen could tell the difference, with at least Wombat putting a correct guess - 

The artists did a great job of depicting it in the movie Green Zone, in the first weeks/months of OIF, complete with the bombed out airliner in the parking area. I wish I had a good clip of it.

Edit, here you go: 

Edited by durka-durka

492nd Squadron CO (F-15E): JTF-111 -  Discord Link

• ED Team
4 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

I am not sure why @Wags said it was Bagram,

Things happen when you are filming live, if you listen closely Growling Sidewinder did the 2024 and Beyond video. Wags is brave going on live like that, I'd be messing up left, right and center 🙂

• Like 4

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

10 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Things happen when you are filming live, if you listen closely Growling Sidewinder did the 2024 and Beyond video. Wags is brave going on live like that, I'd be messing up left, right and center 🙂

Absolutely true NineLine, did not mean to finger point anyone, great map, great things coming to DCS. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

1 hour ago, durka-durka said:

The artists did a great job of depicting it in the movie Green Zone, in the first weeks/months of OIF, complete with the bombed out airliner in the parking area. I wish I had a good clip of it.

Edit, here you go: 

Thanks. I know the movie, not sure what's the relation to my appreciation of the Iraq map preview authenticity though. 

6 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Thanks. I know the movie, not sure what's the relation to my appreciation of the Iraq map preview authenticity though. 

It was a nod to artists depicting the area. Appreciation that people can get it accurate and authentic, whether movie or sim. 

• Thanks 1

492nd Squadron CO (F-15E): JTF-111 -  Discord Link

Ahh... Got you now. Yep, true.

Great job so far ED !

13 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

image.jpeg

Nice finding, I noticed that too but tought I might be wrong, perhaps he ment Baghdad by Bagram, very similar names, it was a LONG live and I wonder how Wags didnt frustrated.

Well, would be lovely to actually see Bagram as well! Nevertheless, I pointed out Bagram misspeak to confirm it I wasn't going insane! 

Plot twist - ED modeled Bagdad airport on the Afghanistan map, simply coz Iraq and Afghanistan is one large map;)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Well, would be lovely to actually see Bagram as well! Nevertheless, I pointed out Bagram misspeak to confirm it I wasn't going insane! 

Plot twist - ED modeled Bagdad airport on the Afghanistan map, simply coz Iraq and Afghanistan is one large map;)

@Gierasimov Don't quote me, it seems like some only attack the messenger.

Relax, sometimes it's worth cross check info, and that's what I did. I did not attack neither of you guys, I appreciate all the efforts. 

Please take no offense as none was intended, written text sometimes conveys message without the emotions and sometimes that message can be taken with a lot of emotions. Important though is to convey facts at all times.

• Like 4

I was confused myself when he said Bagram - I've flown a fair bit in and out of Baghdad, and I was sure that was Baghdad! I was also looking for the mountains around Bagram and wondering where they were.

Glad to hear it was a simple mis-speak. No harm no foul. Baghdad looks great, I can't wait for it!

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

On 1/12/2024 at 12:55 PM, Gierasimov said:

indeed, would love to see the whole middle east and South East Asia as well as Balkan in DCS with high quality and detail terrain and the ground  

Edited by Raviar
  • Like 1

Am 12.1.2024 um 00:21 schrieb NineLine:

Pretty sure it was Glowing AMRAAM who produced the video? 🤔

Edited by TheFreshPrince
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheFreshPrince said:

Pretty sure it was Glowing AMRAAM who produced the video? 🤔

Yes, that was the point 🙂. Wags misspoke a few times which is understandable when you get asked such questions on the spot.