09.02.2024 - Year of the Loong Sale | OH-58D Kiowa Progress | Pima Crystal

• ED Team

header.png
09 February 2024

Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends, :pilotfly: 

The DCS 2024 Lunar Sale is here with a wealth of spectacular deals. Explore these limited-time discounts on some of our finest modules that kick off an exciting year for DCS. Don't miss out on this chance to expand your hangar!

The OH-58D Kiowa is now undergoing testing by Eagle Dynamics and our external test team; an important milestone in its development journey. The dedicated team at Polychop has been working tirelessly to bring this iconic aircraft to DCS.

We are pleased to share the following promotional message from Pimax Virtual Reality hardware: Go to Pimax.com and use the code DCS2024 at checkout to receive $100 USD off the Pimax Crystal VR headset until March 15th, 2024. Visit the Pimax area of the DCS Forum for VR support and answers to your questions.

Thank you for your passion and support.

Yours sincerely, 

Eagle Dynamics

Year of the Loong

DCS Lunar Sale 2024

Hero1.png

Welcome to the DCS 2024 Lunar Sale where you can enjoy huge savings on most popular aircraft, terrains, campaigns and other important modules! Please checkout the details below and take this opportunity to explore a new aspect of DCS:

Modules with a 50% off

Fixed wing with a 50% discount

Helicopter with a 50% discount

Terrains with a 50% discount

Other with a 50% discount

Campaigns with a 50% discount

Modules with a 30% off

Fixed wing with a 30% discount

Helicopter with a 30% discount

Terrains with a 30% discount

Campaigns with a 30% discount

Modules with a 25% off

Fixed wing pre-order with 25% discount

Campaigns with a 25% discount

Modules with a 20% off

Terrains with a 20% discount

Campaigns with a 20% discount

OH-58D Kiowa

Report by Polychop

Hero2.png

The goal of the DCS: OH-58D Kiowa Warrior is to deliver an exciting and authentic virtual rendition of this renowned military reconnaissance and light attack helicopter. The Kiowa Warrior is a versatile aircraft that is well-suited to locating enemy forces that can then be passed to other forces to engage. The OH-58D also packs a punch with an assortment of weapons. It will find a great home flying along the AH-64D and the upcoming CH-47F Chinook in DCS.

While the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior thrives in the reconnaissance role, making full use of its iconic Mast Mounted Sight (MMS). In more recent conflicts, it’s played a pivotal role in both gathering critical intelligence and supporting ground troops with precision fires on enemy positions. 

Armed with an array of weapons that include laser-guided Hellfire missiles, a .50 caliber M3P machine gun, Stinger air-to-air missiles, and a large selection of unguided and guided  rocket types like the Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS), we’re certain that DCS: OH-58D Kiowa Warrior pilots will find it thrilling to roll in hot on targets. Please check out the Development Screenshots.

Pimax Crystal

Promotional advert

Hero3.png

Experience Virtual Reality in DCS like never before with the Pimax Crystal VR headset. Delivering an incredibly high 5760 x 2880 pixels with a host of performance-enhancing features like foveated rendering, the Pimax Crystal promises market-leading clarity and convenience for the ‘ultimate’ life-like simulation. The Pimax Crystal is an outstanding choice for DCS providing crisp and clear displays for visually tracking targets whilst providing excellent performance.  

Key Features:

• Inside-out tracking means there’s no need to buy or manage base stations.
  • Glass aspheric lenses, QLED panels, and local dimming create vivid colors with realistic contrasts.
  • 2880 x 2880 native resolution (per eye, even at 120Hz), delivers incredible clarity.
  • Eye tracking means the Crystal is Quad Views capable, allowing it to perform with exceptional GPU efficiency.

Hero4.png

An Introduction To Quad Views

Eye-tracking within the Crystal enables the use of Quad Views, a form of Dynamic Foveated Rendering that uses the position of the user's gaze to render in full resolution only the area the user is looking at. Areas outside the user gaze are rendered to a lower resolution, which results in DCS VR performance gains of up to +50% FPS. Watch the video above for a demonstration. Learn more about Quad Views for Pimax here.

Available Now:

• Follow this link and use code DCS2024 during checkout to purchase your Pimax Crystal with a $100 USD discount, available until March 15th.
  • Visit the Pimax area of the DCS forum where Pimax staff are available to answer your questions and support your VR experience.
  • To hear what the DCS VR community has to say about the Pimax Crystal, please follow the video playlist link here

Make the most of the incredible offerings that await you in the DCS Lunar Sale 2024. Polychop’s Kiowa is progressing well, and the Pimax Crystal promotion is your gateway to an even more immersive virtual reality experience.

Thank you again for your passion and support, 

Yours sincerely,

footer.png 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

I see that ED is endorsing the Pimax Crystal now, so I feel that I need to drop a warning here about Pimax's business practice. Last summer I brought a Crystal which did not function according to specifications (battery lasted only for 2 hours playtime even with power cable connected). After some back and forth, Pimax has ultimately acknowledged the defect and agreed to my demand for a refund. What followed is a half-year odyssey of Pimax resisting to accept my return shipments of the Crystal, with shipments not being picked up by Pimax and getting returned to me. They say they will not refund me until they get the Crystal back, at the same time not actually taking the Crystal back. After half a year, this is still ongoing.

For anyone considering doing business with Pimax, especially with this endorsement by ED, I encourage you to consider these business practices.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

First the “year of the long” video and now a promotional message from Pimax… This reminds me of other companies/institutions trying to pander to the Chinese market. I hope ED won’t go down the road those others have: it doesn’t sit well with a lot of people… 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• ED Team
15 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

First the “year of the long” video and now a promotional message from Pimax… This reminds me of other companies/institutions trying to pander to the Chinese market. I hope ED won’t go down the road those others have: it doesn’t sit well with a lot of people… 🤔

Stop, please. We do something for the Lunar New Year every year and we do promotions for many different companies, creators and 3rd Parties. Please don't bring in extra drama here. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I've heard it's best to buy the Pimax through amazon.  Seems like a safe way to enjoy this headset and save some headache should you want to return it.

Switching gears to the positive... I cannot wait for the Kiowa or the Chinook.... DCS is fulfilling all of my helicopter dreams!  Looks like some exciting times are ahead for us in the DCS world!

• Like 2

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Great news on the OH-58D KW! Really looking forward to it and wanna fly it in DCS.

Last week the BO-105 in the newsletter. Now this week the OH-58D! Great DCS newsletters actually.!!!

Edited by corbu1
  • Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

11 minutes ago, corbu1 said:

Great news on the OH-58D KW! Really looking forward to it and wanna fly it in DCS.

Last week the BO-105 in the newsletter. Now this week the OH-58D! Great DCS newsletters actually.!!!

I want to attach long lances to each of the 3 little helicopters and do aerial jousting. Fly closer so I can hit them with my lance!

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Its great to see ED support VR and I welcome Pimax here as its good for DCS VR in general and a first for a VR consumer company to have a direct path to its users here, if you buy from local like I did then your warranty is with the store, I wont comment on dealing direct as I didn't.

As to the KW, great to hear ED have it and that hopefully means the long road for this module is near release, I cant wait to add it to the excellent Apache I have.

• Like 1