Latest Oculus v63 PTC build crashing DCS when used on Oculus Link

SrSosio

• ED Team
11 hours ago, adam34aus said:

Release the bloody hotfix ffs before the next patch

Apologies I know it is an inconvenience but there will not be a hot fix, as mentioned in previous posts we are currently testing many features and fixes for the next patch. These tests are for DCS core, and all modules and will take time. As soon as I can give you a public patch date I will update the patch status post linked in my signature below. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Apologies I know it is an inconvenience but there will not be a hot fix, as mentioned in previous posts we are currently testing many features and fixes for the next patch. These tests are for DCS core, and all modules and will take time. As soon as I can give you a public patch date I will update the patch status post linked in my signature below. 

thank you 

I realize this was not your fault, and I understand your reasoning.........  You guys are making a real mistake with this one.  There is a significant number of people out there who fly in VR and now cannot use your software.  Your response comes across as "oh well, too bad for you".  If windows were to some how send an update that bricked DCS for your customers, would your response be the same?  You are now BADLY hurting your own reputation with your customers.  You really should re-think this.

Edited by lboothby
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, lboothby said:

I realize this was not your fault, and I understand your reasoning.........  You guys are making a real mistake with this one.  There is a significant number of people out there who fly in VR and now cannot use your software.  Your response comes across as "oh well, too bad for you".  If windows were to some how send an update that bricked DCS for your customers, would your response be the same?  You are now BADLT hurting your own reputation with your customers.  You really should re-think this.

I certainly do not think "oh well, too bad for you", what I have tried to explain is we are locked into a testing cycle currently and a hot fix is not possible. As soon as we can patch we will, but its not just one issue we will be patching, there are other crashes and features being tested. 

We have some work arounds that can be used like the steamVR option, I know some may not want to use that and I can only apologise again for the inconvenience 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

thank you

No apologies needed, we know the team is hard at work and you have to make the right decisions based on an issue that impact certain people. If it impacts all, it's a no brainer, but when it's a specific group, you have to really weigh the risk of throwing out a hot fix right away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very disappointed that there won’t be a hotfix.   The workaround didn’t work for me.  I’m AOG .  When is the estimate for next patch?

please review decision, thank you.

• Like 2

Now there's no beta, there are no hotfixes.  Stable updates mean predictable dev cycles. 

Let's just use vr desktop till its fixed.  My WiFi is crap so I bought a d-link vr bridge usb adaptor.   It's decent.  

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Quite ironic that as the open beta and stable paths are merged, and patch cycle times increase, a game breaking bug (for those on Meta VR devices at least) emerges 🙂 And I mean that quite sincerely, what are the chances, lol. Ah, sims, always a game of patience.

Anyway, 2D flying it is for the moment. Pity my Track IR decided to break in a super weird way at the same time (1 HZ position updates, no idea why)

• Like 2

I've updated to v63 on both headset and PC app and DCS loads and runs ok for me so far with QP. Not sure why my setup is different.

@BIGNEWYAre there any logs I can share which might help solve the issue?  

• Like 2

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

1 hour ago, Qcumber said:

I've updated to v63 on both headset and PC app and DCS loads and runs ok for me so far with QP. Not sure why my setup is different.

Interesting! I have still  62.0.0.235.346 (even I did nothing with my folders). Im not waiting for the v63 patch at all.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

27 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Interesting! I have still  62.0.0.235.346 (even I did nothing with my folders). Im not waiting for the v63 patch at all.

They issue it in phases. You’ll get it sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Qcumber said:

Pretty sure the "fixed internally" tag on this thread means that they have it solved.  It's not released yet because they have to test that the fix doesn't break something else, as well as test whatever else was added to the build.  It's good to see people who will to try and help out though!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Weirdly, I updated on purpose. I had some issues with my cable and wanted to rule out differences between headset v63 and v62. I was forced to use VD anyway so didn't have much too lose. 

1 minute ago, rob10 said:

Pretty sure the "fixed internally" tag on this thread means that they have it solved.  It's not released yet because they have to test that the fix doesn't break something else, as well as test whatever else was added to the build.  It's good to see people who will to try and help out though!

Good point! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

Kinda like Covid... 🤣

I never had it 😆, however who knows … ? 😉

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

12 hours ago, Qcumber said:

That would be strange and unusual (Ok I am still on v62 as Meta didn't bother updating my APP so I really don't know)....

My guess is that you are using Single Threaded version of DCS which should use OculusVR runtime and not OpenXR.

EDIT if you share your DCS log we can have a look (dcs saved games, log folder)

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

1 hour ago, VirusAM said:

My guess is that you are using Single Threaded version of DCS which should use OculusVR runtime and not OpenXR.

I think the same, maybe OculusVR I suppose. However log will light a little about this. 👍

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

3 hours ago, VirusAM said:

That would be strange and unusual (Ok I am still on v62 as Meta didn't bother updating my APP so I really don't know)....

EDIT if you share your DCS log we can have a look (dcs saved games, log folder)

No. Definitely using MT and open xr as QVFR and OXRTK work fine. I'll post some logs later. 

• Like 1

Are you sure that both the headset and the PC software updated to v63?
The PC software is what counts here

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

On 2/28/2024 at 9:53 AM, SkateZilla said:

apologies, just noticed my line in my prev. post had one to many -'s, corrected

They still are there. Too many hyphens.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

3 hours ago, VirusAM said:

Are you sure that both the headset and the PC software updated to v63?
The PC software is what counts here

Inviato dal mio Pixel 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes. Both headset and PC app are v63.