DCS: F-4E Phantom II - Episode I - Introduction

IronMike

5 minutes ago, Zimmerdylan said:

Blah blah blah blah....Thanks for getting the hens cackling and prompting endless speculation, complaint, and impatient posts that we're all going to have to put up with for months. Just release it when it's ready and stop blowing smoke where the sun won't shine already.  

😂 Joker. 

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 2 weeks later...

Its time for part III ( F-4 weapons )- isnt it ?

• Like 1

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

2 hours ago, KAKTYC_11 said:

Its time for part III ( F-4 weapons )- isnt it ?

Who knows, they said on the Discord that no video was planned for last weekend.  Don't even think we got a screenshot.  Makes me wonder...

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

There's no release date yet. HB is working hard on the finalization of the module, ED will do its usual pre-release tests and when it's ready they will share their great results with us in the final release of the for sure beatuful EA F-4E Phantom II. Until then we will have to live with their last release info which was 'this winter' which gives many space for speculation or just the advice 'please be patient, we do what we can'.

I'm team patience! Everything else may just end in bad feelings.

Cheers Milan

• Like 3

3 hours ago, _Milan_ said:

I'm team patience! Everything else may just end in bad feelings.

Im actually on team "delay 1 week". The last week of winter i am super busy at work, but i have the next 2 weeks off. So like delay it a week for me and i can fly it nonstop for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

And that's just fine.

Speak for yourself! I'll have tar and feathers ready....... 😂

@IronMike 😉🥰

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

18 minutes ago, Hiob said:

@IronMike 😉🥰

Well, there was a rather unpleasant discussion on Discord yesterday. So, Ironmike originally said that there will soon be an announcement regarding the release. However, a bit later Cobra stepped in and set this straight. Cobra said it will be more like a general announcement regarding things to come and expectations related to the module. NO release date as of yet. He made that very clear. Reading between the lines of that discussion you can pretty much say they seem to be uncertain whether they can meet the release window or not. But again, there is NO official statement yet so any speculation is still pointless…this is only a summary of what has been discussed yesterday evening and in a few days we will probably know more.

Given the fact that that we still have not seen any raw and unedited gameplay we should probably not start the hype train yet. Just my two cents, of course…

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tango3B said:

Reading between the lines of that discussion you can pretty much say they seem to be uncertain whether they can meet the release window or not.

Anything else would have come as a surprise to me. I have my expectations under control though. What ever it'll be, won't make me angry. It was just a friendly joke! 🤗

18 minutes ago, Tango3B said:

<...> we should probably not start the hype train yet. Just my two cents, of course…

It started long ago and is running at full steam, in case you haven't noticed! 😁

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

@IronMike 😉🥰

I've been waiting for the Corsair since before the F4 was even a twinkle in the eye of Heatblur.  

And unlike the F4, the Corsair seems to always be close yet never getting close to release, If you wait for the Corsair, than all other modules are nothing compared to that(except possibly the Kiowa) 

• Like 6

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

5 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I've been waiting for the Corsair since before the F4 was even a twinkle in the eye of Heatblur.  

And unlike the F4, the Corsair seems to always be close yet never getting close to release, If you wait for the Corsair, than all other modules are nothing compared to that(except possibly the Kiowa) 

I'm with you - though this would lead to far off topic....

I think, by all accounts of what is generally "in pipeline" around DCS, the Phantom will still arrive first.

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

Anything else would have come as a surprise to me. I have my expectations under control though. What ever it'll be, won't make me angry. It was just a friendly joke! 🤗

It started long ago and is running at full steam, in case you haven't noticed! 😁

Yeah, my intention was pretty much to let people know about the Discord discussion because not everyone is following that and this one is definitely quite a biggie, actually. But yeah, as you said it helps managing expectations to know what is cooking behind the scenes. And man…believe me, I am as hyped as you. 😉

• Like 2

I must say I'm changing between team pitchfork and team "a fux it". Was totally hyped last winter, now I'm getting just frustrated, because I'm running out of lifetime. 

F4E is a dream forever for me and since VR is giving me quiet a immersion lately I just want to sit IN that darn thing, NOW. 

• Like 3

I don't care, I don't have a pitchfork or anything else I want to throw around, they can take as long as they like if it means it will be released in a good playable state... I'll still be waiting with open arms.

• Like 2

You gents do understand that whether you apply the astronomical, or meteorological definitions of the seasons, that the Heatblur statement of “F4 Phantom, coming in Winter 2024”, technically includes December, 2024?

The only question is did they mean the whole month, or just the winter solstice to the 31st of December? We have a whole baseball and football season to wait. 😉

• Like 7

Viewpoints are my own.

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Are we still doing that mustache thing? It's getting mighty itchy!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

I've gone from elite fighter pilot mustache. To French Napoleonic pioneer.

3bf090fcd1b132a67298a4080724c189_large.jpg

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 3

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Are we still doing that mustache thing?

I'll have to pass. Luckily HB's got me covered: 😊
null

image.png

• Like 8
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Raven (Elysian Angel):

I'll have to pass. Luckily HB's got me covered: 😊

A decision that also fits very well into my world view. Good one HB.

• Like 1