22.03.2024 - MiG-29A Announcement | Afghanistan Development Report | Spring Sale Final Hours

On 3/22/2024 at 4:01 PM, statrekmike said:

Both Syria and the Persian Gulf maps are very well designed in this regard. They allow for quite a bit of versatility when it comes to realistic mission design. In contrast. The early access portion of the Afghanistan map will be similar to the Caucasus map in that it is basically impossible to make even a semi-convincing/plausible mission that isn't entirely devoted to either helicopters, Russian made aircraft, or perhaps L-39s.

Totally unrealistic to fly fast movers out of KAF. It’s not like that happened IRL.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cordite said:

Totally unrealistic to fly fast movers out of KAF. It’s not like that happened IRL.

Dutch F16s, Tornado (though it's possible the whole of Afghanistan will be available before the Tornado shows up) Harriers etc. Looking forward to this map. It will be my second wanted map of those in production after Kola.

Iraq map will only be really interesting for me when/if it let's you do a proper Iran-Iraq war campaign on it.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

3 hours ago, Indyplumber said:

I'm not excited about the Afghanistan map. Another desolate desert map. Boring. Why not modern day Europe, USA, Russia, China. Etc.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

I'm not certain, but perhaps because there have been no major air operations in modern times (80s onward) in those places that trump Afghanistan/Iraq?

If you're only looking for cool looking places to fly (many here would say boring), Kola and South Atlantic will be up your alley.  Or go tool around MSFS until you want to put a 2000lb JDAM on an IED-maker's compound.

Edited by skins45

3 hours ago, Bigounet said:

Who wants to buy a desert map after Persian Gulf, Sinai, Nevada and Syria (same for the upcoming Australia)?

We have enough deserts, that's true. Which is why we're getting Afghanistan. 

No, it's not a desert. It's an arid mountainous region with some downright gorgeous views. Afghanistan is pretty, although it can also look pretty beige depending on the season. 

Or go tool around MSFS until you want to put a 2000lb JDAM on an IED-maker's compound.

Can do that now with the brown maps we have. But would be nice for some variety. To create missions for war breaking out in the baltics, Germany, Poland, South China sea, Korean peninsula.

• Like 2

Gear: Asus 690Z, i5 12600K / 64GB DDR5 / Samsung 2TB nVME / RTX 4090 24gb / TM-Warthog / x56 Throttle w/pedals / HP Reverb G2 v2, Tracker IR

Irish 1-1 | Maleioch

dcs sign.png

20 minutes ago, Indyplumber said:

Can do that now with the brown maps we have. But would be nice for some variety. To create missions for war breaking out in the baltics, Germany, Poland, South China sea, Korean peninsula.

The folda gap would be fun.  I'm personally happy with Afghanistan so I can relive my early 20's.  But variety certainly never killed anyone.

On 3/22/2024 at 4:46 PM, lmp said:

Thank you very much for the newsletter. One nitpick though - the insignia on the wings of that Polish MiG shouldn't be mirrored.

These liveries were reported years ago yet they don't have a shame putting them in the newsletters.

On 3/22/2024 at 10:46 PM, SlipHavoc said:

You don't need terrain following radar, ECM pods, AMRAAMs, MMW Hellfires, JSOWs, SLAMs, or a bunch of other stuff to fight goat herders.

Yes, but otoh we'll need MOAB to get them out the caves. Don't forget John Rambo secret mission 😉

15 hours ago, Bigounet said:

Who wants to buy a desert map after Persian Gulf, Sinai, Nevada and Syria (same for the upcoming Australia)?
In multiplayer, very few people play on it (some maps, there is even no one left)
ED spends a lot of energy and time on maps that will ultimately have very little player.

MP is small part of DCS popularity. There are many SP campaigns.

Don't like desert - don't buy the map. You have free Caucasus, Marianas and paid SA, Normandy and Channel to play on, with Kola coming soon.
A lot of modern conflicts happened in Middle East - that means a lot of desert and DCS - although can still be prettty - is all about combat missions, not sightseeing and terrain diversity.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

19 hours ago, Indyplumber said:

I'm not excited about the Afghanistan map. Another desolate desert map. Boring. Why not modern day Europe, USA, Russia, China. Etc.

Agree.  Would love to operate out of Oceana or Langley for training in the VACAPES OPAREA / VCOA

19 hours ago, cordite said:

Perhaps do some research before stating nonsense...

https://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article4444.html (amongst others)

oh, and before that, they operated from Kabul...

Anyways, I can't wait to fly over Afghanistan! Although I wish ED would first finish and release their DC, as imho, currently we are too dependant on user created content (missions/campaigns)

• Like 4

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

16 hours ago, Bigounet said:

In multiplayer, very few people play on it (some maps, there is even no one left)
ED spends a lot of energy and time on maps that will ultimately have very little player.
Extending the Caucasus map to Crimea and Ukraine with a large Russian party would be more judicious.

The Caucasus map is technically very behind, especially if we compare it to MSFS.

You remember that map actualy has very "sensitive"?. No, ED has talked many times they dont go to build a map with the actual problematic situations here, only to someones like simulate the "actual war"...

Afganistan / Persian Gulf / Sinai and Syria was historical battlegrounds and claimed by the comunity... Meanwhile the "multiplayer has empty".... check the servers, surely you get a surprise.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Perhaps do some research before stating nonsense...

https://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article4444.html (amongst others)

oh, and before that, they operated from Kabul...

Anyways, I can't wait to fly over Afghanistan! Although I wish ED would first finish and release their DC, as imho, currently we are too dependant on user created content (missions/campaigns)

Based on context, it should have been obvious I was being facetious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cordite said:

Based on context, it should have been obvious I was being facetious.

Ah ok, sorry, I guess I missed the sarcasm in your post

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

3 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

You remember that map actualy has very "sensitive"?. No, ED has talked many times they dont go to build a map with the actual problematic situations here, only to someones like simulate the "actual war"...

Afganistan / Persian Gulf / Sinai and Syria was historical battlegrounds and claimed by the comunity... Meanwhile the "multiplayer has empty".... check the servers, surely you get a surprise.

Build a Canada map so we can fly out of Cold Lake ... talk about boring landscapes! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, majorandme said:

Build a Canada map so we can fly out of Cold Lake ... talk about boring landscapes! 

I would love to finally do a full paid 16 mission campaign called Pig War Part Deux; Canadian F18s fighting American F16s and F15s to protect the sacred Canadian terrory of Vancouver Island.

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I would love to finally do a full paid 16 mission campaign called Pig War Part Deux; Canadian F18s fighting Ameican F16s and F15s to protect the sacred Canadian terrory of Vancouver Island.

Exxon-Eration -  Fiction - Thriller - A chilling and realistic vision of a major clash between Canada and the United States. Dealing with the fictional Canadian take-over of EXXON

• Like 1

15 hours ago, alfalima2 said:

Just saw this notice and missed the Spring sale… what a bummer 😞

Don't worry there will be another sale some where with 72-90 days (about the time between sales)

On 3/23/2024 at 12:31 PM, Stratos said:

And before critizing my negativeness (that is not, is just a fact), try to run a poll on the forums.

@shagrat actually did that years ago.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Am 24.3.2024 um 20:11 schrieb Bigounet:

Me! Especially if it is Afghanistan, where about 70% of the detailed war stories I read took place and there's actual places, where actual aircraft we have in DCS, actually fought. If we now could get models that enable the recreation of complex ROEs and we have Afghanistan AND Iraq I personally am opening the literal champagne bottle to celebrate. Waiting for Afghanistan to arrive, since the early DCS: A-10C Warthog Open Beta in 2007. 🥰

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Am 23.3.2024 um 15:39 schrieb BIGNEWY:

Because most prefer to have something early to play with. If early access is not for you please wait, if you support us in early access or wait for full release we are grateful for the support. 

IMG_20240326_200546.jpg

Just say when... 😇

• Thanks 1

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

5 minutes ago, shagrat said:

Me! Especially if it is Afghanistan, where about 70% of the detailed war stories I read took place and there's actual places, where actual aircraft we have in DCS, actually fought. If we now could get models that enable the recreation of complex ROEs and we have Afghanistan AND Iraq I personally am opening the literal champagne bottle to celebrate. Waiting for Afghanistan to arrive, since the early DCS: A-10C Warthog Open Beta in 2007. 🥰

Quick tally.

Harrier

M2000

F16

F18

F14(wrong model)

Apache 

Hind

HIP

F15E

A10

Upcoming Kiowa, Chinnock. Tornado

AI B1

If only we had a full fidelity Blackhawk.

• Like 2

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Gunfreak:

Quick tally.

Harrier

M2000

F16

F18

F14(wrong model)

Apache 

Hind

HIP

F15E

A10

Upcoming Kiowa, Chinnock. Tornado

AI B1

If only we had a full fidelity Blackhawk.

...and L-39C and Su-25. 😎

• Like 1

Shagrat

On 3/23/2024 at 11:31 AM, Stratos said:

I will not purchase that part of the map, when ED decides to build and populate the other half I will check it, but not now as the 90% the interesting operations for both Soviet war and US war were placed on the part ED decided to do later.

Oh, and same for Iraq map. It really makes no sense how ED chooses their map areas and module marks. And before critizing my negativeness (that is not, is just a fact), try to run a poll on the forums.

Soviets and USA were not the only forces fighting in Afghanistan. Nor in Iraq. Your post is more about you than about ED's map areas. Your 'fact' is warped.

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

3 hours ago, shagrat said:

Me! Especially if it is Afghanistan...

FYI, Afghan isn't actually a desert map. 🙂 People are going to be so surprised when they find that out...

I can also foresee a flood of complaints from those who load their helos like a flying armory, go flying in an Afghan summer and then realize the helo feels like it is stuck to the ground (especially the Hind, which routinely used a runways to take off when flying heavy in the region). Or that they can't set QFE because the dial doesn't go that high. Afghanistan is mountains, people! 

• Like 2