FC2024 | Kola Development Progress | Virtual Carrier Wing 17

1 hour ago, tripod3 said:

Hi all, is it really going to be realeased in 5 days?

So it seems

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

3 hours ago, TheFreshPrince said:

Looking forward to the Kola map, hope it will have great graphics and not be a 2nd Caucasus. Screenshots and infos so far are very rare, which is unusual for nearby releases in DCS.

Yeah. The fact that we've seen virtually nothing in the way of trailers, screenshots or community previews makes me super-skeptical. I really, REALLY hope it's good, but I'm very much tempering my expectations.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Now that Kola is getting close, how do I add it to the dedicated server app?

It's been a year since I did it with Sinai and I've forgotten how to do it.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Salutations to all
I don't have many comments on KOLA maps anymore
but no one talks about its price!
so I would like to know at what price we can opt for it on Friday?
THANKS

Salutations to all
THANKS
It's a surprise!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PLUTON said:

Salutations to all
THANKS

$50 to $60 US funds seems a safe bet.

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

El mismo precio que Afganistán, unos 49 dólares, creo. En cuanto a calidad, es un lanzamiento con muy poca información, no tengo buenas sensaciones...parece que va a ser un mapa polémico, quizá gráficamente malo.

No se muestra nada porque no hay mucho que mostrar???.🤔🤔🤔

Edited by IMGX
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, IMGX said:

As for quality, it is a release with very little information, I don't have good feelings...it seems that it is going to be a controversial map, perhaps graphically bad.

Nothing is shown because there is not much to show🤔🤔🤔

They don't even mention it anywhere on their website. They don't have a DCS category under Products, it isn't mentioned on their Coming Soon page, and ED aren't mentioned in their extensive list of partners. No screenshots, no trailers, no previews. This has a really bad smell to it which is really disappointing as I've been really excited about this map since it was announced.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

On 4/29/2024 at 9:07 AM, ngreenaway said:

i dont know why its clear that theres an upgrade cost, unless ive missed something, however it wouldnt bother me much one way or the other. i already own the FF versions of those aircraft, im not missing out by not having the fc versions

From the first post in this thread: "For all existing FC3 owners, FC2024 will be offered as an upgrade for only $9.99! Check out the details below."

Edited by rob10
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, IMGX said:

The same price as Afghanistan, about $49 I think. As for quality, it is a release with very little information, I don't have good feelings...it seems that it is going to be a controversial map, perhaps graphically bad.

There's absolutely no basis for that assumption. ORBX has done excellent map work in the past, lots and lots of it, across several sims.  

There is no reason to think their first DCS effort will be "graphically bad". That's a ridiculous statement and I wonder why you're so invested to the negative with only 10 posts under your belt. 

21 minutes ago, IMGX said:

Nothing is shown because there is not much to show🤔🤔🤔

There is also no basis for that statement. You're obviously trolling.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pizzicato said:

They don't even mention it anywhere on their website. They don't have a DCS category under Products, it isn't mentioned on their Coming Soon page, and ED aren't mentioned in their extensive list of partners. No screenshots, no trailers, no previews. This has a really bad smell to it which is really disappointing as I've been really excited about this map since it was announced.

Orbix does excellent work for other flight sims. There’s no reason to believe this will end up being any different. The early access release will have definite limitations, however. The map will be improved over time. So this map’s early access may not be for you. Figure another year, maybe more, before it’s complete.

…The early access release will feature summer textures with the highest detail area stretching along the Russian/Finnish border from the Murmansk region of the Kola peninsula in the north to the shores of the Baltic Sea in the south. This area is home to the Russian Northern Fleet, the submarine pens of Polyarny, strategic air bases such as Severomorsk and Olegnegorsk, and several Finnish, Swedish, and Norwegian air bases, and road runways…

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

14 hours ago, Pizzicato said:

Yeah. The fact that we've seen virtually nothing in the way of trailers, screenshots or community previews makes me super-skeptical. I really, REALLY hope it's good, but I'm very much tempering my expectations.

Personally I have full faith in Orbix and I am sure that the new map will be of excellent quality. But the sudden release announcement, (almost without any teasers or videos) and the fact that the two Arctic Thuner campaings are not ready yet makes me think...

Mabe (just maybe), it was been decided to release earlier than actually planned. 🤔

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

2 hours ago, Beirut said:

No hay absolutamente ninguna base para esa suposición. ORBX ha realizado un excelente trabajo de mapas en el pasado, muchísimo, en varios sims.  

No hay razón para pensar que su primer esfuerzo en DCS será "gráficamente malo". Esa es una afirmación ridícula y me pregunto por qué estás tan interesado en lo negativo con solo 10 publicaciones en tu haber. 

Tampoco hay fundamento para esa afirmación. Obviamente estás troleando.

In Stormbirds you can see some photos of the video that has been leaked and then deleted, look at the textures... if for you that is not a basis for giving an opinion, for others it is worth it.

I have seen the video several times and it has been disappointing, whether you like it or not, it is reality.  

As for trolling, good manners tell me that it is not worth responding to you on that topic.  Greetings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ironhand said:

Orbix does excellent work for other flight sims. There’s no reason to believe this will end up being any different. The early access release will have definite limitations, however. The map will be improved over time. So this map’s early access may not be for you. Figure another year, maybe more, before it’s complete.

Yeah, I'm very aware of Orbx's pedigree and I've owned a bunch of their FSX terrains in the past and been very impressed with the quality. That's why I was so happy to see them starting work in the DCS ecosystem - especially when it was announced that they were working on the map I was most excited about. I'm also very aware of the constraints around early access and what that implies.

On the flip side, I've been in game development for 25 years and what I'm seeing (or not seeing) gives me pause. I don't have any negative agenda around this - quite the contrary. I'm just giving my perspective. I guess we'll all find out on Friday.

(PS - This thread gives me the opportunity to say thanks for all your Flanker Training content back in the early 2000's. You were an amazing flight sim resource back in the day. 👍)

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Raven434th said:

nobody said anything about investing....supporting/patronage is entirely a different thing

heh...been longer than that.

You just paraphrased what I said, that's precisely why we're all owed anything.

• Like 1

make sure your lined up to get into the new map when they release it on there web sight.

https://orbxdirect.com/

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

3 hours ago, IMGX said:

In Stormbirds you can see some photos of the video that has been leaked and then deleted, look at the textures... if for you that is not a basis for giving an opinion, for others it is worth it.

I have seen the video several times and it has been disappointing, whether you like it or not, it is reality.  

As for trolling, good manners tell me that it is not worth responding to you on that topic.  Greetings

When someone isn't even a dozen posts in and going full negative as you are, a game is afoot. 

Greetings indeed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pizzicato said:

Yeah, I'm very aware of Orbx's pedigree and I've owned a bunch of their FSX terrains in the past and been very impressed with the quality. That's why I was so happy to see them starting work in the DCS ecosystem - especially when it was announced that they were working on the map I was most excited about. I'm also very aware of the constraints around early access and what that implies.

On the flip side, I've been in game development for 25 years and what I'm seeing (or not seeing) gives me pause. I don't have any negative agenda around this - quite the contrary. I'm just giving my perspective. I guess we'll all find out on Friday.

(PS - This thread gives me the opportunity to say thanks for all your Flanker Training content back in the early 2000's. You were an amazing flight sim resource back in the day. 👍)

Ahhh... I see. Well, hopefully your concerns will come to naught.

And thank you for taking the time to compliment this "has been". 🙂

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

12 hours ago, Beirut said:

Cuando alguien no tiene ni siquiera una docena de publicaciones y se vuelve tan negativo como tú, un juego está en marcha. 

Saludos de verdad. 

You are wrong, the number of publications is not a factor to define a person.

Apart from the above, in the new images published today the map looks very good, I am very happy. There are very interesting photos at height and others close to the ground that are also very good.

I just wonder what it will be like to fly in a helicopter through the mountains without vegetation, with pure bare rock.

Greetings.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Beirut:

There's absolutely no basis for that assumption. ORBX has done excellent map work in the past, lots and lots of it, across several sims.  

There is no reason to think their first DCS effort will be "graphically bad". That's a ridiculous statement and I wonder why you're so invested to the negative with only 10 posts under your belt. 

There is also no basis for that statement. You're obviously trolling.

Because you've made a few more posts than IMGX, do you think you own the truth? Ridiculous.

Back to the topic. The quality of the Kola Map looks excellent on the screen shots I've seen.

• Like 1