Northern Israel / Southern Lebanon detail removed

Go to solution Solved by OnReTech,

Why was this done?
Airfields such as Ramat David are important even for missions involving the Sinai peninsula. For example aircraft based there took part in the opening raids for the 6 day war.

Please put the detail back in.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Can you confirm that the cites are all complete gone? If it yes that´s a shame! I build a Missions that area is part of it.... Spend a lot of hours to build Missions there

null

image.png

Edited by N0XID
  • Like 8

OneReTech,

I and many others, believe that the decision to remove a large area of detail from the map, was done in poor taste and without any prior warning to us. The rationale and logic behind this decision was never communicated broadly or at all. This decision, downgrade, made me lose a lot of faith in you as a new developer. A year without updates and with silence, ok, fine. But to then come out with your first update and degrade the map? I cannot in good conscience approve of this behavior. If the concern in the back of your mind was to not interfere with another map maker doing an overlapping area, then this should’ve been considered before EA release. Not thought of and removed afterwards. Please communicate to us, and tell us why this was done, because many are upset and this is not right.

thank you,

the GUCC.

• Like 43

This is a terrible decision. Hopefully the map area can be restored. It seems bizarre that anyone would think it was a good idea to remove area and detail from a map that people have already purchased and have been making missions on.

• Like 22

@OnReTech hello, why haven't you guys even thought of telling us about you guys removing the north of Israel and south Lebanon? i am 100% that if ugra media even cared about you using their side of Israel (which shouldn't even matter, its a game and you aren't using any of their assets with no permission), they would've told you to remove north Israel IMMIDIETLY and not a year + 2 months after launch!!! this update ruined ANY ability to do anything in the north side of Israel, thousands of possible missions cant be done anymore just because of an issue which makes no sense at all, PLEASE fix this, or people which try to accurately portray real squadrons will have to buy Syria for north, and Sinai for south, and i think a normal human being CAN understand the fix for this is simple, just bring what was before, don't do this.

• Like 21

Highly Irregular, Needs fixing now.

• Like 13

55" HD Samsung, ASUS Z590 ROG Maximus Hero XIII, MSI RTX 4070TI Gaming X Slim 12GB GDDR6X, Intel i5 11600k, Corsair 64 GB RAM

I love flying in the north. I bought the map, becaus i wanted to fly over complete Israel. I absolutely cannot understand the decision. It's as if someone were deleting the last pages of a book or cutting off the back of my car.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

360th TFW Falconeers

last video ->

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3, SAPPHIRE TOXIC HD 5850, Win7 64 Bit. X52, Track IR 4, Momo Racing.

ArmA1+2+3, DCS: World, K-50, A-10C, CA, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8FC1+2+3, FalconAF, FC1+FC2, IL2'46, rFactor.

Taking away parts of the product after selling it is VERY poor form.  The map should not have had a large chunk removed.  This happening a year+ after release is even worse. 

Unsat

Edited by Thump
  • Like 15

I'm very keen to assist with EA - but the pure lack of communication on this one is really remarkable, as for just deleating content that was there that alot of people have already built missions around is plain wrong.

I can honestly say i would never buy another OnReTech EA product, not due to quality but purely down to the unnacceptable lack of communication when it can be months on end before something is even replied to, or not at all.

In addition to this, why are we still missing 80%+ of the real world navigation aids - with gen 3 aircraft being so popular, it is appalling that despite repeated requests it is neither acknowledged or done - a year on and even at new Airfields that have been added - very, very poor.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F4E | F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai | Kola 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

3 minutes ago, DerekSpeare said:

what would people do if ED just closed its doors? 

Not the point i paid good money to use the map as sold.............. Not to start removing stuff with no warning at all........... So dont defend it.

Edited by Coxy_99
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, leobartlet said:

Or you could you know instead of dummy spitting wait for an official response from the developer.

No excuse mate, Peoples money that they paid for has been removed. Its not even in the patch notes.......... Unprofessional.

Edited by Coxy_99
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Im curios for a statement as well.

Bought this map for Cold War purposes like Jom Kippur war. If half of Israel is removed no2, this is no longer useable for me. Not happy if this turns out to be true. And it is not what I bought in first place

Edited by Viking 1-1
  • Like 9

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

To the guys of OnReTech.

Do yourself a favour and claim that there was some mistake being made and immediately resolve this issue and you might have the chance to keep some small piece of trust with your customers. After that you better deliver some serious content in order to make up for this. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

There was supposed to be an update, there is a downgrade, where did half of Israel go? It was supposed to be Ramat David, but they cut off the map, and such an important part of it, we could have attacked something in Lebanon or Syria, and now only Egypt was left. What the hell?

• Like 13

:pilotfly:

Onretech folks, it's way too early to ragedelete all the content you worked on just because Ugra was there first. ED's new terrain engine that lets us stitch multiple maps together is still years away.

overlap.jpg

Edited by andyn
  • Like 13