where's the patch for dcs?

i wonder where the patch is that was suppose to come out in march?

havent been hearing much about the new mods that suppose to come out in a couple a months either...

anyone got any news, or is dcs slowly dying already?

well i hope they hurry, i am seriously starting to lose interest and i doubt dcs will be so appealing after the first mod will come out in 2012+ i bet there is better stuff by then...

• Like 3

well i hope they hurry, i am seriously starting to lose interest

I'm sure now that ED know of this, they will put the patch out tomorrow, regardless of it's status. God forbid the man loses his interest. :D pffffffff

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I have been an adamant follower of the computer flight sim community for many years and it is absolutely amazing to me how quickly, regardless of the product, some among us become our own worst enemies.

Remember the Jane's series? The Falcon series and others? One of the reasons that they are no longer supported by their original companies is because the flight sim community eats it's young, there are constant complaints about the product, due mostly to the 9 million different compatibility issues each of us have with our computers set up, and the producers just throw up their hands and put all their development into arcade X-box games because in this business, you truly can't please everyone all the time.

Part of the problem is that we have now become an "instant" society. We want everything yesterday and can't BELIEVE that ANYONE would dare make us wait for ANYTHING!!!!

I think this Youtube video says it best -

In the mean time, I would like to remind everyone that Black Shark is one of the most intricate and intensive study sims this community has seen for years and one of it's GREATEST accomplishments is that it has been delivered to this community with the fewest glitches and problems of any simulation that I can ever remember. Just think back to the unplayable crash happy state that Falcon 4 was released in to realize what I mean.

In the mean time, thanks to all who's hard work on Black Shark have given this community a true simulation which many of us thought we would never see again, in a playable (bug free) state that boggles the imagination for the detail that Black Shark provides.

Give them a minute to get it done and if you can't enjoy what you already have, you need to seriously consider that your anxiety is a product of your own doing.

ron

Edited by ronht
  • Like 12

I have been an adamant follower of the computer flight sim community for many years and it is absolutely amazing to me how quickly, regardless of the product, some among us become our own worst enemies.

Remember the Jane's series? The Falcon series and others? One of the reasons that they are no longer supported by their original companies is because the flight sim community eats it's young, there are constant complaints about the product, due mostly to the 9 million different compatibility issues each of us have with our computers set up, and the producers just throw up their hands and put all their development into arcade X-box games because in this business, you truly can't please everyone all the time.

Part of the problem is that we have now become an "instant" society. We want everything yesterday and can't BELIEVE that ANYONE would dare make us wait for ANYTHING!!!!

I think this Youtube video says it best -

In the mean time, I would like to remind everyone that Black Shark is one of the most intricate and intensive study sims this community has seen for years and one of it's GREATEST accomplishments is that it has been delivered to this community with the fewest glitches and problems of any simulation that I can ever remember. Just think back to the unplayable crash happy state that Falcon 4 was released in to realize what I mean.

In the mean time, thanks to all who's hard work on Black Shark have given this community a true simulation which many of us thought we would never see again, in a playable (bug free) state that boggles the imagination for the detail that Black Shark provides.

Give them a minute to get it done and if you can't enjoy what you already have, you need to seriously consider that your anxiety is a product of your own doing.

ron

Amen to that! +1

• Like 1

we have now become an "instant" society

+1

We are lucky to be able to bring our thoughts directly to the ED Team. It's the closest you can get to sitting in a ED board meeting.

In this day and age, publishing such a product for the PC home user is a huge financial gamble. ED, I'm sure has read all the forums, and cares about the hands that feed them. With the price of your purchase, 39$, you can't even hire a 3D artist for more than an hour.

Quality Assurance is VERY complex for this type of application, and if we don't want a troublesome patch, they need to take time.

The product is as interesting as what you can put into it. Some find FSX absolutely boring, some find it fascinating, most likely because they know better.

I too can't wait for the patch. But I'm waiting, and trying to be constructive in my comments, and maybe see a feature I (we)'ve been waiting for exactly how we requested it via this forum.

• Like 1

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Damn straight, well said +1

• Like 1

... it is absolutely amazing to me how quickly, regardless of the product, some among us become our own worst enemies....

ron

+1

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

There are always "rivet counters" who do not seem to understand the process of software and graphics development. They want everything perfect, right out of the gate, regardless of development time, money, and needs. When they don't get it, they cry and moan.

There was one guy in the Red Orchestra: Ostfont community who adamantly demanded his money back for the game because one of the weapons' safety switches was modeled in the "on" position. He declared it ruined the game for him. It seems like people here are far more understanding, but we still get our share of knuckleheads.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well i hope they hurry, i am seriously starting to lose interest and i doubt dcs will be so appealing after the first mod will come out in 2012+ i bet there is better stuff by then...

Louis CK is exactly right: How quickly you begin to think the world owes you something! You get to zip around in the most complex military sim of excruciating fidelity the commercial world has ever seen, and because the patch is a few months late, you come on here threatening ED, and by extension the community, with your indifference. You've been here since January, dude.

Hey ED: Keep up the amazing work!

Edited by Cornbread
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Louis CK is exactly right: How quickly you begin to think the world owes you something! You get to zip around in the most complex military sim of excruciating fidelity the commercial world has ever seen, and because the patch is a few months late, you come on here threatening ED, and by extension the community, with your indifference. You've been here since January, dude.

Hey ED: Keep up the amazing work!

:lol:LOL, and great youtube vid. My teenage kid thinks that having her own cell phone is a god given right and damn me to hell for not buying her one. All I had was a 13" B&W TV in my room when I was her age (15), and that was considered a big luxury.

Gigabyte|Q6600|8GB DDR3|GTX285|Win7 64|X-65

Hahah, yeah Zakk. I saw an awesome survey checking what swedish kids thought was included in the concept of "Human Rights". Having your own room was assumed to be a "Human Right" by a near-majority of younger teens and pre-teens. :D

I guess it's a good thing if we have a secure and prosperous enough of a society for kids to assume such things, but it might still exist good cause for a reality check sometimes.

And as it stands right now, I'm seeing siblings of mine (there's a 40 year age difference between oldest and youngest :P ) walking around with their cellulars, hooking their computers up to the wifi and generally assuming that their lifes would end if they didn't have those things. Though my parents actually decided to give the youngest one, presently 12, her own cell as a security measure; that way there's better odds of her being able to contact them in case she gets lost or whatever. But she herself seems to think she should have one as a matter of course. And I never had a cellular until I was already in High School. And got my first broadband only after that. I survived the years before those gizmos!

But the best example of how skewed perspectives can be was when a kid brother, still in elementary, decided to move out from my dad's place and move in with my mom.

Why? She had three times the bandwidth. :D

---

And on more related notes, when I was a kid the best there was in simulators was Falcon 3.0. Which is a nice enough sim (I still have the original PC box somewhere, including maps and all that jazz) but compare it to DCS:BS and F3 barely deserves the moniker "arcade". People need to appreciate what we have here, and the complexity of it, and then go out to compare it's stability to other games out there. It's a long time since I saw a product that was this stable at launch, and if ensuring stability in the patch ends up delaying it slightly - that is fair enough. I'd rather wait a while to be sure that it will remain as rock-solid as it is right now, then get a hurried patch that then could end up decreasing stability.

In all - keep up the good work ED.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

My goodness does this guy not have a right to state his opinion? What difference does it make when he actually "joined" the forums the point I believe he is trying to make, albeit bad and the wrong way, is that he has invested (whatever invested means to you whether money, time or something else) in this sim and he would like to get some type of update. Yes he could of searched the forum and probably found his answer as well, not to mention looking at the similiar threads at the bottom of the page.

I'm sure a portion of this community would be interested in a status update on the patch.

If anything this post has stimulated conversation.

Anyway just adding my two cents to this post when really GGTharos's post would have been entirely sufficient without the piling on.

GO MAGIC!!!!

AMD 965BE at 3.8 Ghz

Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P

Crossfire XFX 5870XXX

8 gigs of Crucial DDR3

Corsair 850HX

Windows 7

I must admit that I am waiting for the patch, BUT this is one of the few games I have played in many years that come almost bug-free out of the box. Nice job to dev team!

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

:lol:LOL, and great youtube vid. All I had was a 13" B&W TV in my room when I was her age (15), and that was considered a big luxury.

You were lucky I had a 7" BW

My goodness does this guy not have a right to state his opinion?

I'm sure a portion of this community would be interested in a status update on the patch.

He does have the right and we have the right to our opionion as well.

As for the update you asked for. One was posted in the patch 1.0.1 thread on the 24th 5 days ago. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=694432&postcount=170 How often do you want up dates every other day? The majorty of the bashing is the lack of the use of the search option.

I think anyone that comes on to a forum and starts saying negitave things about the game we all love and waited years for shuld expect a little bashing back. My 2 cents :v: I know I have ben bashed ones or twice for a bad commint I made. It happens :doh:

[url=http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=694432&postcount=170][/url]

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

People need to appreciate what we have here, and the complexity of it, and then go out to compare it's stability to other games out there. It's a long time since I saw a product that was this stable at launch, and if ensuring stability in the patch ends up delaying it slightly - that is fair enough. I'd rather wait a while to be sure that it will remain as rock-solid as it is right now, then get a hurried patch that then could end up decreasing stability.

In all - keep up the good work ED.

Indeed! :thumbup: Even not paying attention to the complexity of this game, it's remarkably stable. And as much as I look forward to a patch, it's hardly important enough to jump the gun with it. I have full confidence in ED, so I remain a patient fella.

I've seen too many games ruined by subsequent patches that only cause more problems. I'll never forgive EA, for example, for messing up Medal of Honor: Allied Assault with their unrelenting series of terrible patches. They'll never get another dime from me, even though that was like 6 years ago. Patience is a double-edge sword, EA. :music_whistling:

...The majorty of the bashing is the lack of the use of the search option...

So the guy gets bashed for this "I want everything NOW" theme, and then someone justifies it by saying he didn't use the "show me everything NOW" search engine.

I've stayed away from these boards for a few months, and in the time gone it seems like an adolescent population growth has exploded here.

All of you +1 people, how many of you have cell phones? I bet it is about every single one. So enjoy your bashing, even though it is completely unjustified and hypocritically stated. If you disagree and state it, that is one thing, what has happened here seems very childish and cruel.

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!