Pretty Big News for the Future

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Why can't we get the F-37 Talon, it got everything you all kind of whiners want: Stealth, variable geometry wings, su-47 wings, Bird of Prey looks, supercomputers, MFD's, fat ejection seats (heh heh), carrier ops, VTOL, hypersonic speeds, superagility (can do the Cobra with the K-key), ground radar, air radar (both stealth), Uber AFM (can pull 80 G), cool looks, it's black and mean, will own any flyable in lomac, uses AIM-174 PheonixRAAM (aim-120 + 54) thus superb preformance up to 300mn, it even has a cannon (with automatic aimbot) and it's American.

Seriousely, what else do you want?

airvehiclenumber103_400.jpg

• Like 1

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

oh man, this pic made my jaws smashing the floor!

here are some more about the FA-37 Talon

"...This airplane has been making the rounds for several weeks now, with folks being a bit confused as to whether it is the real deal.

On 18 June 2004 a scene for the upcoming Columbia Tri-Star movie "Stealth" was filmed on the flight deck aboard the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72). Lincoln was conducting local operations in preparation for an upcoming scheduled deployment after 10 months of dry docked Planned Incremental Availability (PIA). About 80 cast and crew members were aboard the Everett-based aircraft carrier to shoot scenes for the Columbia Pictures action film starring Josh Lucas, Jessica Biel and Sam Shepard, The $130 million film is expected to hit theaters in 2005.

According to the back story, the F/A-37 "Talon" is a Mach 3.5, super cruise stealth fighter/bomber/interceptor with a 4000nm range. Top speed is somewhere in the Mach 4+ range. The movie is premised on an artificial-intelligence program designed to fly jet aircraft and reduce human casualties. Not surprisingly, one of the AI robo-pilots runs amok when Navy officials decide to use an unmanned version of the “Talon”. When the plane begins attacking friendly forces, Navy pilots are called in to save the planet from artificial intelligence. .."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/fa-37.htm

sure it looks damn nice!

fa-37_talon_040618-n-6817c-036.jpg

talon-new5.jpg

fa-37_talon_040618-n-6817c-089.jpg

=4c= SERBIAN VIRTUAL FIGHTERS SQUADRON

It's all good news that ED is going to continue this sim but let's be a little realistic with our demands (wishes) and our criticism of ED's decisions guys. Sure I'd love to have every plane in the game flyable with clickable cockpits but with the market situation for flight simming the way it is I'll take anything ED gives us.

I do think you guys hit the nail on the head with some of your posts, more flyables are the key to success in this genre of sims. I wasn't cray about the SU25-T but I bought the sim hours after it first came out and will gladly pay for just about any improvements or more flyables. We just have to be realistic guys, for most of us this is a hobby IT's not gaming it's a little more than that. But really, only a few companies are making combat flight sims that aren't played with a console controller and we have to be thankful for what we get. It looks like ED has made up their decision about the next flyable so let's just be happy we are getting something. It's fun to wish for our favorite plane or a plane that our home country uses in it's military but we just got to wait and keep supporting the development. cheers

Then the X-31, X-1 and all the other test X-planes should be in lomac as well.

The S-37/su-47 is a tech demonstrator, if we start about those, then I'd want a Boeing BoP, just for the sheer looks of it.

P.S. anyone knows the name of the rock tune in that Boeing video where they showcase the Bird of Prey?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Is there a particular reason why you feel the unresistable urge to kidnap threads and post bs in them, FF? I mean, when you did it one time, it was funny. Clean up your act, or at least get a new one. You're getting boring. ;)

This thread's about future ED products. Get back on topic people.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Then the X-31, X-1 and all the other test X-planes should be in lomac as well.

The S-37/su-47 is a tech demonstrator, if we start about those, then I'd want a Boeing BoP, just for the sheer looks of it.

P.S. anyone knows the name of the rock tune in that Boeing video where they showcase the Bird of Prey?

And the point of them being in the game are?

.The Wild Weasel variant would still be interesting for a late 80s theatre, but otherwise it's simply too old to be featured - unfortunately.

Why not? :cool:

I think there are many interesting version of Phantom (like F-4F or the F-4E) for the Lomac scenario.

Considered the Phantom still flight in many country in this time (like Egypt, Turkey, Germany, Israel, Japan)...so :icon_wink

How is the reference situation for the Phantom?

Bye

Phant

Thank you for the answers (and sorry for my bad english :icon_redf )

AMVI

In the CIS< people care about the Ka-50, not the F/A-18 ... and the CIS is ED's main market.

It also so happens that the Ka-50 is in development for 1.2, so you can pretty much forget polls or anything else ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

So the KA-50 is definatley in development for 1.2? thats excellent news :) im really pleased to hear that helo is getting in there as a flyable, lomac would be a great platform for a simulated helo. ;)

"I love smashing the crap out of those buggers on the ground who keep making a beeping sound on my RWR..... the bells the bells!!!!!!.... erm yeah.... I like destroying SAM sites, thats the main point"

lomac would be a great platform for a simulated helo.

Well, I think there is much much work needed for lomac to become a good helicopter platform. Just adding a helicopter to a jetsim wont do it alone IMHO.

I remain a bit pessimistic in that respect, as LOMAC isn't even a very well CAS plattform yet while featuring 2(3) CAS planes.

I'm optimistic. I want the Ka50 1.2

Tell you all the truth I bought 1.1 Flaming Cliff to support the dev. Only because I want my chopper.

Never really cared for the su25t. But besides the su25t fc. It does bring more to this sim.

The Dev’s are stepping into new ground, not only they develop the game. They have to market and sell it.

It is, I recon a lot of hard work. I do hope they achieve their goals. I truly hope that 1.2 with the Ka50 comes alive.

The first bird I ever flew in. I was 9 years old and it was in a civil chopper.

This experience blew me away and I remember like it was yesterday.

Hovering my own house, LOL. That was so cool.

Since then…. I want more. Note sure what model it was. Was a chopper with the glass bubble surrounding it. so you can see everywhere. was cool.

I like driving planes in this virtual world but would love more driving a Ka50 even more.

That’s my thoughts. I dreamily hope that the Dev’s makes it possible for Me a us that’s been waiting for chopper flight sim come alive.

They have my support on this. As always…

“Moose” the French Canadian.

Searching on the issue, I recon it was a Bell 47G like this pic;

816179.jpg

703647.jpg

702179.jpg

That was the only time in my life that I ever thought myself as a bird :p

Cheers

Thats a Bell 47 Souix, the stock helicopter sounds in lomac sound exactly like one of those. I think the Ka50 is a cool addon and I look forward to flying it hopefully.

GGTHAROS any polls should express a desire for addons for the sequel in my opinion.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Missions, how to make a decent mission and have a sense of accomplishment afterwards. Firstly if a player starts a new game, the first thing they should have to do is enter Name and call sign and have a selection of voice types to pick from!

2nd, The missions in FC reflect an attempt at reaching a goal by completing the campaign so you can see the end movie. But the player can't use his character for the missions! Also players should be awarded promotions after succeeding their missions or completing a campaign.

3rd, missions should be tested to be possible to achieve without having to declasify and loadouts should also be flexible to allow different methods of attack.

4th, you can vary the missions by the pick a path method.eg mission 1 compete, mission 2 fail goto mission 3B etc.

5th Audio tracks should be inserted to remove monotony such as banter, FAC, calls for help, status of other flights.

Just a few ideas guys to make things more fun.

cheers

Subs

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]