Vertical Reality Simulations

Shaman

I had to break out my credit card and get the Superbug myself, and while it probably is the best add-on ever made for FS, I cant help but feel that something is missing. I start the jet up, taxi out, take off and fly around for a couple of minutes, then come back to the airport and land... it just feels so pointless, and somehow, even though FSX has ai aircraft, ai boats, ai cars, birds and animals, I feel very alone in the FS world... FC2 on the other hand feels like a living breathing world, even though I would love for it to have some ai aircraft flying around, some ai boats, some birds and maybe even some animals. Lets hope we get a Bug for DCS some time in the future :)

There is a Tacpack in development and they are also planning an F and an even more detailed version of the SH in the future(pro). I take it that you figured out how to launch all your weapons, land on a carrier, inflight refuel and cat launch. Hopefully when the Tacpack is released you'll be able to engage tgts and blow them up(including aircraft). Also while you're bored goto your ACM set your SAMs AAA to the most aggressive setting and see how you handle some battle damage. FSX has alot of potential with this addon especially with missions so although things might appear dull when people start making combat missions they are going to be quite awesome.:pilotfly:

BTW your next challenge is to figure out how to pirouette the SH so RTFM.

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does have a pointless feeling from a combat perspective, but carrier landings are in itself a big challenge as is air to air refueling. Most peopl in the fsx world though enjoy simply flying. Fly from their local int airport to another airport 5 hour away, sometimes more. IFR flyin etc etc. I flown online with guys who will fly from nellis afb to AFB in Hawaii in real time and in formation. That for them is the equivalent for blowing stuff up.

I don't mind some of that, but doing it in a military plane as opposed to a 747 is more enjoyable. I'm not even really interested in deploying weapons with the superbug, but more flight procedures and proccesses in a global setting.

Combat is a whole different ball game I find getting to the tgt area in F4AF just a small part of the fun and that includes formation flying. It'll be good when we have a Superhornet in a full combat sim especially an F with AESA.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

AESA not so interesting, you basicaly have nowhere to hide :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

VRS Superbug is there to remind us how badly we need Hornet in FC2!

Ah no.

We need the Hornet in a heavy weight like Falcon or *cough vaporware cough* Fighter Ops.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, VRS Superbug is so good that you really get in touch with some realities after a while. First, it climbs very well. The big surfaces and Lerx mean that you risk over rotate on takeoff. It sucks itself into the air. Opposite, while landing, you really have to smash down the aircraft on the runway Navy style since otherwise it prefers to stay airborne.

After many fantastic flight hours, you inescapably feel that you want more thrust though. The Super Airbrake sure ain't no speed queen. It is incredibly hard to reach 600 knots, certainly with some combat load. I first thought I ran into an excessive spoiler drag bug, but no: the reality is you won't be the racing champion with this bird. Acceleration is nice at lower and medium speeds, but for a high speed intercept you might find it wanting.

Navigation is top notch and clarity of the displays and ergonomy is second to none, period.

Certainly compared to Aerosoft's F-16, which skyrockets like a bullet and accelerates beyond 600 kts in no time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For interceptor missions don't use pylons they are canted, use only wingtip and fuselage recessed hard points. See if it works.

My PC specs below:

My own view is the VRS SH flys really well in FSX though compared to the acceleration hornet the VRS SH took me several goes to get it through the Jet canyon race because of both the FM and the low FPS. It really is awesome to fly though and now I'm trying the Jet canyon race with a load.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I find it very nice, that a very young kid (voice) is doing that. All i had at that age on guess was Amiga 2000 and F-18 Interceptor :megalol:

:lol: By the age of 20 this kid will virtually be able to fly superbugs for real:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 920, GTX295, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, 1TB WD, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 1000W Corsair PSU,

Coolermaster Cosmos "S" case, X-52pro, TrackIR 4

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I've been following VRS F/A-18E thread here since it was created and I've seen many Youtube videos of Superbug in action. I like the details very much and I believe it is very accurate and lack of "blow s**t up" is not an issue when compensated by realistic navigation and switchology of it's systems. Such features makes me go for VRS F/A-18E!

Now here's the question. Is there only a DL version of it or is there a boxed one too? Can I install and run VRS without FS-X being already installed or it FS-X a must for VRS Superbug?

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have FSX acceleration and was not impressed at all. Removed. Sorry just didn't do it for me. Not knocking it, just did not suit me. I think the new virtual f18 might be more to my liking so may try that later.:)

I could be wrong but I heard a little bird that MicorSoft is starting up their FSX Development team again...:music_whistling:

I could be wrong but I heard a little bird that MicorSoft is starting up their FSX Development team again...:music_whistling:

Oh I doubt that.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

OK, I've been following VRS F/A-18E thread here since it was created and I've seen many Youtube videos of Superbug in action. I like the details very much and I believe it is very accurate and lack of "blow s**t up" is not an issue when compensated by realistic navigation and switchology of it's systems. Such features makes me go for VRS F/A-18E!

Now here's the question. Is there only a DL version of it or is there a boxed one too? Can I install and run VRS without FS-X being already installed or it FS-X a must for VRS Superbug?

Thanks!

As far as I know its download only, you could ask on the VRS forums if they might make a disc version. Regarding blowing stuff up wait for the TAC pack as that will feature plenty of stuff to blow up from what I understand, and other stuff(check their forums for those details:D).

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I have FSX acceleration and was not impressed at all. Removed. Sorry just didn't do it for me. Not knocking it, just did not suit me. I think the new virtual f18 might be more to my liking so may try that later.:)

You will need FSX acceleration in order to do carrierops with the VRS Superhornet so don't throw it out.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Actualy is not. Those guys were to form their own studio and develop a true and ambitious SIM. If microsoft gathers those sheep again for itself we're back at the same old hindered formula.

My PC specs below:

You are talking about Cascade Games Foundry, nobody knows what are they doing. From their press release:

The simulation market is known to be a strong, consistent performer, but our vision extends beyond flying and railroading,” she says. “Think of SCUBA diving off Hawaii, traversing the Andes, hiking the Great Wall of China … the possibilities are endless.”

Doesn't look like hardcore flight simulation for me.

Microsoft new team is working on something, and it is a flight simulation. They have a job offer for those who don't believe ;):

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Seattle-Software-Development-Engineer-in-Test-MGS-Flight-Sim-LIVE-Job-WA-98101/815698/

Now thats a nice rumour.:thumbup:

Lol..this post seems to be sort of real rather than a rumour

Software Development Engineer in Test - MGS - Flight Sim LIVE Job

Apply now »

Date: May 29, 2010

Job Category: Software Engineering: Test

Job ID: 714448 16793

Product: Games for Windows

Division: Entertainment & Devices Division

Microsoft Games Studios is looking for an SDET for a new project: Flight Sim LIVE. We are looking for an experienced person to work on our SDK and tools pipeline who is motivated to make a significant impact to our business and drive great customer experience - for both our gamers and our development partners. If you have the skills and the passion, want to work on a Games for Windows LIVE product, and you're looking for challenge in a fun and fast environment you should join us!

What we offer:

A chance to OWN SDK or EARTH testing for our game!

Working with a highly-skilled, fun, and creative, and driven team.

A unique experience in the video game industry and Games For Windows LIVE.

Opportunities for you to be creative in solving some interesting technical challenges.

Experience helping drive and develop our test automation infrastructure from the ground up, including the opportunity to work with our SDK and tools pipeline.

Fast-paced development cycles (Scrum), small teams, rapid iteration, and strong feature ownership.

Responsibilities of Flight Sim LIVE SDET:

Contribute towards the overall test strategy and business direction of the team.

Own major server feature areas such as Earth's environment and modeling, tools pipeline, and/or SDK.

Work with Dev, PM, Art, and UX leads to establish quality bar for SDK tools and to be an advocate to build testability, security, and release criteria into product design.

Develop tools and automation to test the tools pipeline and/or the Earth features.

Define and review quality metrics in development and live production environments.

A great SDET candidate must have all the following competencies to be successful in this role:

At least 4 years of SDET experience is required, with experience shipping at least 1 retail product end-to-end, or shipping smaller, more frequent products, like a web or SDK experience, through many releases.

Test automation and tool development experience required.

4 years of experience with C#, C++, or SQL required. Other interesting technologies for this team include: Games for Windows LIVE, Xbox LIVE, XLSP, networking, .NET Framework, .NET Remoting, SQL, T-SQL, IIS, XML/XSL, 3D Studio Max, Maya, LUA Script.

Eagerness to come up with great solutions on a fast-paced team that iterates quickly.

Excellent communication skills, team player spirit and ability to collaborate across teams and functional specialties. Because we have a small team, working well with other functional teams is critical.

Solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals (data structures, caching, multi-threading). B.S. or M.S. in CS or related area, or equivalent experience, required.

Flight Simulator or real world flight experience is a bonus. Passion for learning about flight is a must!

*To consider similar job openings within Microsoft Game Studios on MS Career, use keyword: MGS

SC:ME

The Ace's Original MSFSX team---posted in 2009

By now, many of you have heard that Microsoft has closed Aces Studio, the publisher of Microsoft Flight Simulator. This was not a reflection of the quality of the products Aces has developed, the sales performance of the games, or the quality of the team at Aces. This difficult decision was made to align Microsoft's resources with our strategic priorities. Microsoft Flight Simulator X will remain available at retail stores and web retailers, the Flight Sim community will continue to learn from and encourage one another, and we remain committed to the Flight Simulator franchise for the long term.

Microsoft Game Studios is investing significant resources in many exciting and new areas of gaming and entertainment, including Windows games. We believe these future investments will push innovation, community, and collaboration to unprecedented levels and will provide more synergy with our ongoing investments in Games for Windows - LIVE as well as other Windows entertainment technologies. We have nothing specific to announce at this time, but stay tuned for more information.

We are humbled and proud of the passion and support that the Flight Simulator franchise has developed over its more than twenty-five year history. This includes you, the large community of flight simmers, as well as the vibrant third-party ecosystem that has developed around the game. We will continue to produce, sell, and support the latest version of Flight Simulator as we plan for future versions of the franchise. Thank you for your understanding of our decision and for your continued support!

Edited by Bearitall