Perfect stick for A-10C from Thrustmaster?

That looks VERY promising!

Thanks for sharing. Saitek already lost this competition - at least for me :D

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can rule out FFB, but that pedestal that the stick is sitting on had me wondering about whether it might be FS. The thing is, they have gone to that much trouble to make a replica controller, so it doesn't make sense that they would make it FS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

No, I doubt it's FS. After watching the video a quazillion of times, the stick seems to be fixed on a spheric joint on top of that metal tube which is again mounted on what appears to be a bottom plate. It was also said it uses Hall-sensors - AFAIK it would not make much sense to use Hall-sensors for ForceSensing.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I'm pretty confident in saying it's just a normal moving stick with hall sensors. No fancy FS or FFB. Which is certainly no bad thing imho.

Of course the only problem is, I now have to buy 2 new HOTAS setups, the TM offering for DCS:A10C and the saitek offering for Falcon (and because it's awesome). Couple that with a set of MFDs and DCS is starting to become the most expensive sim ever, of course it worth it.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Ahh, good point. Maybe it uses a sort of spring centering system where the center point of the springs is determined by magnets, sort of how the real Ka-50 works. Would be the most authentic as the real A-10 stick, if I remberer correctly, is spring centering, however the springs are connected to electric servos that moves the springs so that the zero force point of the stick coresponds to the current trimmed possition.

No, I doubt it's FS. After watching the video a quazillion of times, the stick seems to be fixed on a spheric joint on top of that metal tube which is again mounted on what appears to be a bottom plate. It was also said it uses Hall-sensors - AFAIK it would not make much sense to use Hall-sensors for ForceSensing.

You can use HS kits for both pressure or movement, it makes sense since there are no moving parts which means a longer life than pots.:thumbup:

BTW 6kg for the TM Hog Hotas it looks awesome.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I constructed this from what imagery I found in the flash-banner. Note that this is more than just a screenshot of the flash-banner. I've merged several images as the camera pans across the stick so that more is visible at the same time =). Just a simple example to show what I mean: it is impossible in the banner to see the text "off" on the bottom part of the image and at the same time see the black "circle/hole" on the stick (on the upper part of the image).

Just so that we have it here on the forums for public viewing whenever =D

edit: I managed to get even more into the same image. Some part don't really align well, but here is everything displayed in the ad anyway

TMHOTASWARTHOG.thumb.jpg.1cb2cedf904dac125f04ebe227cdff18.jpg

Edited by Boulund
  • Like 1

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Cool.

It looks like it uses the same method of changeable stick like the Cougar. I wonder if it also uses the same connection, so at least in theory you can exchange the grip.

You can use HS kits for both pressure or movement, it makes sense since there are no moving parts which means a longer life than pots.:thumbup:

BTW 6kg for the TM Hog Hotas it looks awesome.

AFAIK, a hall sensor works via relative motion between the sensor and the magnetic field. How does one make that work with a force sensing (pressure)? And... why would anyone want to (add in HS) when the force sensing is already there?

Yes, the 6 kg should be substantial. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

pressure sensing is donne via material under stress wich has variable resistande depending of force aplied. Its suposed not to be movable.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hall sensors can only be used to measure deflection, not strain. They work by measuring a voltage perpendicular to the supply voltage, that is proportional to the strength of the magnetic field inside the sensor.

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Thanks, that's how I understood it.

Considering the level of detail provided, I doubt they will use ForceSensing and spoil it all.

Autopilot?

There are some early screenshots of the cockpit available on this forum.

This was posted last christmas:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=599978&postcount=15

The second screenshot made me conclude it might be the Autopilot-Console. Well, at least you can decipher AUTO....T.

The switch below has 3 steps, ?, ALT+something and ALT.

Edited by Feuerfalke

Hall sensors can only be used to measure deflection, not strain. They work by measuring a voltage perpendicular to the supply voltage, that is proportional to the strength of the magnetic field inside the sensor.

This mod here has HS and works off pressure exactly like the real F-16 stick:

http://www.realsimulator.com/html/fssb.html

In this stick the movement is 1/4 of an inch.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

This mod here has HS and works off pressure exactly like the real F-16 stick:

http://www.realsimulator.com/html/fssb.html

The page you provided does not once mention the word "hall". You're wrong, m8 ;)

Hall sensors measure magnetic fields. The strength of a magnetic field cannot be altered by putting strain on the application, only by moving the source of the magnetic field closer or further away (or by shielding it, for that matter).

The FSSB mod uses strain gauges.

But don't listen to me. I'm only a student of electrical engineering, so what the heck do i know about translating mechanical units into electrical ones.;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

This was posted last christmas:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=599978&postcount=15

The second screenshot made me conclude it might be the Autopilot-Console. Well, at least you can decipher AUTO....T.

The switch below has 3 steps, ?, ALT+something and ALT.

Thanks, was looking for that one, but had to go to work. :thumbup: Not convinced its an autopilot panel, looks more like a multifunction panel with the buttons and switches the pilot uses the most conveniently placed right behind the throttle.

Edited by herr_LaSk

Thanks, was looking for that one, but had to go to work. :thumbup: Not convinced its an autopilot panel, looks more like a multifunction panel with the buttons and switches the pilot uses the most conveniently placed right behind the throttle.

Possible. It's really hard to make out from the screenshots. Good thing we'll find out soon, either by more details on the HOTAS or by new info on the A-10C next year.:thumbup: