Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

Good question, Will UBI and ED come to some sort of arrangement that will see a Final all-in-one Lock ON product made available? Hopefully it can be arranged beforehand, unlike the Lock On Gold Debacle.

I don't need it, but I'll buy it, is it too late for such a product?

Nate

lol Ubi$oft cooperating?! lol :lol:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen, I hope you can understand why it's unrealistic to think that ED and Ubisoft will create a package combining the two products.

Also getting "Lockon Gold re-released" when there are budget version out there (someone mentioned this earlier on - with an URL) is somewhat farfetched. Sorry. :)

I'll try to see if I can find the URL's again.

EDIT: Sorry - I couldnt find the URL's :(

Anyway - we should be able to buy all the products via http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en&cat_sid=2

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

The debacle between ED and Ubisoft is not ours to interpret. I myself a “Quebecer” I appreciate to have Ubisoft head office in Montréal Québec. They give out hopeful futures developers in Quebec. For future programmers, graphics artiste, Infographie. Etc. Montréal is the place to be... Farcry 2 and Assassin Creed II to name a few. I do not wish to debate what good or what they did wrong. Money talks and everything else walks in my book. But Ubisoft has some potential in my book. But I admit the shares does not look so good http://www.google.ca/finance?q=EPA%3AUBI

But recessions will do that for a company... Hopefully ED had a good year with all this recession crap.

Keep them comming Sir. I'll keep buying..ED has my continued support.

Cheers.

Edited by TheMoose

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Why is that a google link in your post?

Basically show real time investment in the company Ubisoft. And show how real the market works. That is all Sir!....

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Basically show real time investment in the company Ubisoft. And show how real the market works. That is all Sir!....

When I read you post it didnt have the link - when I pressed quote, it suddenly had it - I thought it was some sort of voodoo :D

Then later I now noticed that you had edited and updated your post - sorry for the confusion :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

When I read you post it didnt have the link - when I pressed quote, it suddenly had it - I thought it was some sort of voodoo :D

Then later I now noticed that you had edited and updated your post - sorry for the confusion :)

I am the voodoo master lol, seriously I apologise for any confusion :D

I asked this a few days ago, and so did others, but I have not heard if there was an answer.

Question:

Will Lockon Gold (or Lockon and Lockon FC) be re-released so people who don't have them can buy them?

Thanks,

Snack

To enbale use of the new Patch/Update, all one needs is a Base install of LockOn and not Flaming Cliffs. That said - if you're after LockOn, it has now been re-released as per the following post:

Publisher is FOCUS MULTIMEDIA using the logo Revival:

http://www.focusmm.co.uk/shop/Lock-On-Air-Combat-Simulation-pr-1268.html

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

This is happy news ! Starting box building process now.

Ciao!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

i think Ubisoft didn't produced DCS BS because the game is just ... too good . i don't have BS myself but for what i've heard from the forums and the few screens i've seen the game seems just AWESOME . Ubisoft (like all big companies) is a money machine real high end simulator will interest flight simers but probably not younger players and so , won't interest Ubi . why i don't have BS it's ED fault in fact they made the mistake to include the SU-25 in Lock on ...

:D

seriously when FC 2 will be released i'll probably purchase BS just to be able to fly helo missions online when i would like to

Edited by jpm1

that was one of ED's objectives ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

?????Flaming Cliffs 2.o and TRIPLEHEAD support ?????

Dear Wags, Grove and the whole team,

Thanks for this great piece of news!

Long life to LOFC.

I have been flying Lockon since day 1.

I read each post and participated as much as I could for a long time in this forum.

BUT...

I stopped a year ago when I got my TripleHead2Go setup together...

I had been dreaming at other people's screenies and really, when I first got it, I was totally amazed by the level of immersion such a grand sceen and scenery was giving me:

(you can see my post on this topic

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=31499&highlight=triplehead

where I explained how to set it up with the help of Joe, ggg87, Teka Teka and Ratcatcher).

But after a while, I gradually left the game aside because of the difficulties generated by the visual limitations (due to insufficient resolutions in the engine). Even when tweaking the config file the way we explained, one still had to zoom out considerably in order to see PART of the flying instruments. And even so, you ended up lying with the head in the windshield... making it very difficult to look for ennemies in the sky...

It was said later that Black shark would solve this issue. I bought Black Shark, of course!, and was very disapointed to see how much of the same problem there was. Oh Yes, they had incorporated a native 3824x1028 res in the setup page, but still, you had to zoom out to see something (which, by the way, has a HUGE impact on frame rates, unfortunatley making my rig unable to cope with the demand...).

I ended up leaving both simulations on the shelf for a while and discovered X-Plane! I must say that it has been quite an experience, because I found that, even the simplest Beaver or the magnificent MU-2 Marquise were quite a challenge to fly, navigate with real life procedures and land with such a realistic flight model... And in terms of TripleHead2Go friendliness, one cannot find better : you fly in beautiful 3D cockpit but still the proportions are normal, you just see more scenery, more real weather, more mountains, on each side!!! (with no frame rates problem).

Now, in my heart, I long for this kind of experience in Lockon... I dont think that DCS BLACK SHARK solved the very wide screen resolution problems AT ALL.

My question is therefore : will this problem be addressed in FLAMING CLIFFS 2.0 ???? Besides, it will be good for widescreen users in general, not only TripleHead freaks...

Thanks in advance for taking the time to patiently answer our questions and bravo again for one of the best customer service in the industry!

amitiés,

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

I think it is exceedingly reasonable given the amount of work that goes into a patch.

Ok, $15 is quite a bit less than one developer's time. A senior developer gets many times this and when you add in the overhead of project management, holiday pay, sick pay, facilities, workstations, licenses etc.

So lets assume the real cost to develop a patch is more like $200/hour when you factor in multiple developers and the infrastructure required to support them. That means around 100 people have to buy the patch for each day ED spends working on it. A month of work and two thousand people have to buy the product in order for ED to break even. Given the community is so small there just aren't that many buyers to cover the cost.

While there are many who might think USD $14.99 is too much for an upgrade I say that it is very reasonable once you start working out the development costs and the effort involved.

Let's not go into speculating ED economy!

15$ is peanuts for any kind of software, especially for one redone like FC2.0!

Take a look around, are there any FS-X addons for 15$?

-Yes there is one I know of but it's just a "follow me" Renault Kangoo 3D model, not animated, can't move but just looks pretty when you taxi next to it!

So anyone saying there's should be more with FC2.0 if I'm to pay 15$ for it should really zip it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is excellent news. When FC was first released I was unfortunately not in a position to order it online and as such had skipped over it (I have boxed copies of LOMAC and DCS:BD).

To that end the boxed copy of FC2.0 is perfect for my needs. 1 Question I have for the expanded FAQ is with regards to regions. That being will the boxed copy be available globally (I am assuming it will need to be ordered online as the $15 margin probably wouldn't allow for retail distribution).

No doubt this will all be answered in time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
This is excellent news. When FC was first released I was unfortunately not in a position to order it online and as such had skipped over it (I have boxed copies of LOMAC and DCS:BD).

To that end the boxed copy of FC2.0 is perfect for my needs. 1 Question I have for the expanded FAQ is with regards to regions. That being will the boxed copy be available globally (I am assuming it will need to be ordered online as the $15 margin probably wouldn't allow for retail distribution).

No doubt this will all be answered in time.

Please note that the boxed version of FC 2.0 will be some months after the download version. The reason is that it will have to be submitted for age ratings (PEGI and ESRB etc), manufactured and got into the supply chain. For Australia/NZ, I hope Mindscape Australia will stock.

• Like 1

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Or answered in to time at all then :p even better!!

Fantastic to hear it may receive retail distribution. So I guess the question becomes weather or not I can wait the extra time.

Best of luck in your negotiations with Mindscape, hopefully I'll be able to once again play the "put the ED title in front of the HAWX box at my local game store" again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please note that the boxed version of FC 2.0 will be some months after the download version. The reason is that it will have to be submitted for age ratings (PEGI and ESRB etc), manufactured and got into the supply chain. For Australia/NZ, I hope Mindscape Australia will stock.

I know it takes some time to sort out all necessities before a hard copy arrives but I believe it's worth it. I just hope we can preorder hard copy from TFC with Jim Mack's help...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ill buy both. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red