FC2 Bug Thread

Maximus

while flying A-10 in a MP server the other night, I noticed that while flying to SP2 the range to steerpoint display in the HUD (lower right corner) was only updating while in nav mode. If I switched to air-to-ground mode, it still showed the same SP number, but the range didn't update. Switching back to nav mode showed the correct, decreasing range as I flew towards the SP.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I created a practice mission for the Su-25. Just clicked Add, selected Su-25, with player skill at one of the airports, then setup a group of waypoints and added some enemy transport trucks at one of the waypoints.

When I attempt to fly this mission, I can start the engines (Shift+Home), close the canopy (Ctrl+C) and taxi out for takeoff. However, after taking off I can't raise the gear, nor do other keyboard commands seem to work. I can't toggle speed brakes for example with B.

If I fly one of the pre-made missions for the Su-25 that comes with FC2 it works fine.

I created a practice mission for the Su-25. Just clicked Add, selected Su-25, with player skill at one of the airports, then setup a group of waypoints and added some enemy transport trucks at one of the waypoints.

When I attempt to fly this mission, I can start the engines (Shift+Home), close the canopy (Ctrl+C) and taxi out for takeoff. However, after taking off I can't raise the gear, nor do other keyboard commands seem to work. I can't toggle speed brakes for example with B.

If I fly one of the pre-made missions for the Su-25 that comes with FC2 it works fine.

There is Su-25 and Su-25T, pehaps you have setup controls just for one of them. Or worse, perhaps you setup controls for one airplane, saved the profile and loaded it in another one, screwing some lua files in the process. A reinstall will correct it. Save and load profile is for backup purposes, not to copy the profile to another aircraft, they don't share all "actions" column.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Crash part 2

Hi there,

Been having this error quite a few times now but i've noticed it exclusively in multiplayer. Thats not to say thats the only times it happens, it just means i've been spending my time mostly online and thats when i've experienced it.

I'm using Vista 64 bit. The game crashes with a "simulater.exe" error etc when i'm performing a turn and my radar (F-15) is in TWS mode. All is ok until I slew to my intended target and attempt to lock on. Its at this point (hitting the lock target button) almost without fail the game crashes. Please find the attatched file which I hope will help.

Akumai/Fury/Shaheen

Happened again twice this evening while playing on the 104th server, where I usually am. please find attatched files which i hope may prove useful.

Happens when I slew the target designater and attempt a lock on while in TWS mode on the F-15.

Error 2.zip

Found a random bug I wasn't able to reporduce. I was flying F-15 with one wingman vs 4 Su-27, we also had an AWACS on our side. Eventually the fight gets close, and I make some turns, but my speed drops excessively. I check my [real physical] throttle, it's 100%, I check my game throttle/RPM, also 100%. But I have no thrust. Ramping power down then up solved it. Nothing major, just strange.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

There is Su-25 and Su-25T, pehaps you have setup controls just for one of them. Or worse, perhaps you setup controls for one airplane, saved the profile and loaded it in another one, screwing some lua files in the process. A reinstall will correct it. Save and load profile is for backup purposes, not to copy the profile to another aircraft, they don't share all "actions" column.
\

I did not use the save or load profile commands. The only thing I changed in the Su-25 setup (not the T) was the axis inputs for pitch/roll/yaw/throttle for my HOTAS. Those all work fine in the sim. And some of the keyboard commands work, but not most of them. I didn't change any keyboard commands in the settings. Also, as I mentioned, the same aircraft works fine if I use one of the pre-made missions.

\

I did not use the save or load profile commands. The only thing I changed in the Su-25 setup (not the T) was the axis inputs for pitch/roll/yaw/throttle for my HOTAS. Those all work fine in the sim. And some of the keyboard commands work, but not most of them. I didn't change any keyboard commands in the settings. Also, as I mentioned, the same aircraft works fine if I use one of the pre-made missions.

I suggest you to open a separated thread, that sounds like a specific issue with your installation/computer.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

1. If you make a stick file using the in game feature to make a stick file and SAVE the stick file then the keyboard commands get wiped out and do not work. This is for the A-10 ONLY. I can reproduce this 100% of the time. Workaround is to not save it and the stick file works anyways without saving it.

2. While flying from waypoint to waypoint if I go into Air to Air Mode or Air to Ground mode the waypoiint indicator and miles to the next waypoint freeze as soon as you go into AA or AG mode. It unfreezes as soon as you go back to NAV mode. 100% reproducable. Workaround, if you need the info then just go back to NAV mode to get updated info on you path of flight.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Found a random bug I wasn't able to reporduce. I was flying F-15 with one wingman vs 4 Su-27, we also had an AWACS on our side. Eventually the fight gets close, and I make some turns, but my speed drops excessively. I check my [real physical] throttle, it's 100%, I check my game throttle/RPM, also 100%. But I have no thrust. Ramping power down then up solved it. Nothing major, just strange.

always happened with LO/FC for me, especially when start a mission. Full physical throttle but no thrust, have to "wake" the thing up by throttling down and up once

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

When i disable the haze in the options.lua, the game doesn't load all ground textures. It seems to leave some highres textures at the airfields out and all you get is a greenish mess.

There is no option to Enable/Disable Haze. As such, your disabling haze and as a consequence experiencing artifacts mentioned cannnot possibly be classed as a 'Bug'. It's not supposed to be off by default - leave it on ;)

EB also previously addressed the issue:

What specific problems are you experiencing with the haze in FC2?

You can turn off advanced haze in the options.lua file located in \...\Black Shar\data\scripts folder. However, this will also disable many other shader effects and in all likelihood cause you a new set of problems.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The R-27 family of missiles do not have on board self-destruct mechanism. The current Flaming Cliffs 2.0 set up automatically self-destructs the missile regardless whether it is tracking the target or not after 90 seconds.

This should not be the case, the missile self-destructs by hitting the ground/water, or of course by hitting the target.

Not a big deal, but a "realism" thing nonetheless.

If you press "back" button when the server list is being populated, the game hangs.

EDIT: will test without mods (have just f15, a-10 and su-27)

Edited by Distiler

Just to mention a minor error.

I was working on the export of LO2.0 for the new version of the KaTZ-Pit.

I noticed that fuel consumption in kg/sec is now exported for each motor via LoGetEngineInfo()

If I'm not mistaken there is a factor 10 error in the value

(I have compared with tank fuel quantity decrease).

The exported value is in reality kg/10sec.

Example MIG29 100%rpm QNH=0, exported value for each motor = 14 kg/sec

Total consumption = 28 kg/sec = 1680 kg/mn ... this would be a playtime of 2mn :D

Real value should be 1.4kg/sec = 2.8kg/sec total = 168kg/mn

No big deal, can easily be corrected in the export subroutine, but wanted to let you know.

Btw : Thanks for the new export facilities ; great improvement vs 112 ;)

Miaou :)

104th Dedicated Crashes

We have been experiencing randopm crashes on the 104th dedicated server. We are not sure what the issue is that is causing this to happen. Attached are some crash logs and network logs from the past 2 days. Any help in figuring out exactly what the problem is would be most welcome.

PoleCat Out

104th_Dedi_Crashes.rar

• Like 1

if a Returning Plane taxi to a Hanger to park inside it, the Hangar Doors stay closed and it rolls trough the Closed Hangar doors... at least in Multiplayer..I'll see if the same thing Happen in single player. Also the AI is kinda stupid, I was a at least 100 meters away from 2 Taxiing A-10, I was thinkin bout to change my parkin spot so I rolled out of it, the First A-10 Turned panicly around and crashed straight into the A-10 behind it.. and I still was too far away to cause some panic :megalol::megalol::megalol:

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

after target destruction in eos mod

When I have a locked target (with radar), it gets destroyed and I get automatically in EOS mod (radar is off). It doesn't happen always.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Strange change weapon crash

Hi,

I've created a custom load-out for A-10 flight.

A small training mission.

2 MK 82, 2 MK 20, 2 AGM 65K, 2 LAU 61 , POD and Smoke.

When I change to ground weapons (7) and then cycle the weapons, the game crashes at third store. Tried rebooting, same thing. Both from editor and single mission option.

I've added the mission file.

Cheers,

Chris

A-10A - practice3.miz

In the controls editor I can't assign 2 joystick button modifiers to the same action. yet it will quite happily take two keyboard modifiers

Screen shots:

Will accept two keyboard modifiers

attachment.php?attachmentid=38013&stc=1&d=1271171954

But when I assign two joystick Buttons that are setup as modifiers

attachment.php?attachmentid=38012&stc=1&d=1271171954

It comes up with an invalid action preset error.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38014&stc=1&d=1271171954

You could use an external program to set the joystick buttons to Lctrl and Lalt keypresses but it is a pain that the controls editor will not let me assign two modifiers and a standard button.

Modifiers.jpg.63ff8e5bf13d88b91ac8eaeee886bf02.jpg

158212668_Validkeyboardjoystickbuttoncombo.jpg.04d66e761db8221aa72eaf8c989e15b2.jpg

567621486_invalidjoystickbuttoncombo.jpg.a42ee121609fe1f94df75f09328aaa31.jpg

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

We have been experiencing randopm crashes on the 104th dedicated server. We are not sure what the issue is that is causing this to happen. Attached are some crash logs and network logs from the past 2 days. Any help in figuring out exactly what the problem is would be most welcome.

PoleCat Out

Happened to me last night. No idea what happened. It didn't even correspond with a keypress.

Neutral airfields repair aircrafts (perhaps it is intended? but if so, why don't refuel or rearm?).

Edited by Distiler

Ok...that could be because when i start mission i PRESS ALT+J combo, so i give control to AI, and then take it back (this is only way that i know of for force feedback joystick to work without nose down trimming issue)... So it could be a bug introduced by giving control to AI for split second!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia