diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While a nice Apache study sim would be nice, it has been done and is being done quite a bit. BUT, that's not why I personally would object.

Black Shark-> Ground Attack

A-10-> Moving Ground Attack

Let's get some fresh game play choices. Part of the fun of Lock On was you could go out and do a ground attack mission, then get your air to air fix.

Personally, considering the studio producing these, it would not surprise me at all to see the next one be the Su-27(maybe even the 33 if they wanted to get some extra mileage out of the carrier ops). They have already shown a personal interest in the plane and I would imagine would be able to model it quite accurately.

Personally, I prefer the American style of avionics over the Russian but that's just me. As for what I believe(total guess...maybe a little educated lol) will be the next module....F-16...Why?...MULTI-ROLE and not really 'classified' to an extent to prevent an accurate model. The F-16 would satisfy both those wanting air to air and air to ground. Plus I love SEAD missions with the HARM. If not the Falcon, then probably the Flanker or Apache, just because those I believe have marketing power.

Seriously? The FA-18 beats out the Tomcat? I'm literally appalled. There has been NO decent F-14 sim of any kind and it's one of the most bad ass planes ever to fly. ...I just don't get you guys...

Zach W.

Mr Rig:

Zotac 780i

E8400 overclocked 4.1GHz

4GB OCZ Platinum 1066

GTX 260 core216

DCS harddrive: 1TB Caviar Black

Well it *should* relate to me so get on it! :thumbup:

Then start learning German, you'll like it, it has a steep learning curve. :D

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Steep learning curve indeed. :P I have family over there so I did drag myself through a couple years of it in school, but I'm still at the place where people have to speak slowly for me to follow, and my grammar is non-existant. :P (Reading is absolutely no problem tho.)

Anyhow:

Innerloop, two-seater availability is not (AFAIK) a variable that decides whether it's possible to get a given airframe as part of DCS. First of all, many two-seaters are not actually used primarily as trainers but rather to desaturate the pilot for mission profiles that would otherwise require a dangerous amount of multitasking (compare to the Strike Eagle as an example, and the Indian love for two-seater Flankers). Secondly, those two seaters that are specifically made for training teach the student something that these simulators simply cannot teach: flying the aircraft.

The point of DTS, just like the point of most "conventional" military simulators, is conversion. The student gets to take a lot of time learning the avionics and basic aircraft handling without burning fuel and costing maintenance. This is something I'm fairly certain that a future F-16 pilot would do and complete before he even set foot in a two-seat Falcon.

You could compare to the traditional "flying chair" in basic flight school, which is often quite literally a regular wooden chair with a stick attached. You wouldn't be let up in a plane without first showing that you know what the stick does. (And I've actually heard stories by military aviators of how they had a flying chair with wheels, allowing them to perform a landing pattern with someone pushing them from behind.)

In the modern era this isn't quite as necessary so often of course, since most pilots will have at some point (if not obsessively) sat at a computer flight sim. The DTS picks up where most normal flight sim software drops off - the avionics.

But no-one would ever decide that it's a good idea to teach someone to fly a 40 million dollar airframe with a PC. For example, the A-10C DTS actually has a less detailed flight model than the DCS version - because the military user does not need such a flight model, because they can teach the actual flight with actual aircraft and thus avoid any risk of introducing an element of negative learning (which in that business can very easily cost lives).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hello,

I didn't yet presented myself, -I already beg your pardon-, because I surely will do it later, but I really can't resist to post my two cents, knowing I didn't read the 149 pages.

What would be really hot? a complete SAM system to simulate, thus a ground vehicle!

Or maybe an AWACS operator/Commander?

Any suggestion so far?

;-)

Edited by GauthierH

What would be really hot? a complete SAM system to simulate, thus a ground vehicle!

There is a sam program. But it is not part of this companies sims.

http://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home

Has video learning and examples of famous sam encounters.

Lumper

-------------------------------------------

When the going gets tough, the smart cutout.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its not been mentioned for a few pages so...

Harrier anyone? Make it a pack with GR7/9, T12, AV8b and FA2.

Failing that a Tornado would do.

Although to be honest I would rather get a dynamic campaign before any new aircraft, but I think there is more chance of the Harrier!

What about the "SR-71" blackbird? Wouldn't mind not shooting things as air to air refueling and recon messions would be enough to keep me happy and this has never been done before.

Ceri

A typical SR-71 mission covers thousands of miles. Fine in FSX, not so good in the DCS world - you'd be off the map in 5 mins :music_whistling:

Multirole fighter would be good, F-16, F-15 Strike Eagle etc

As a chopper, an old UH-1 gunship

2010111418615903.jpg

79508554.jpg

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Super hornet has already been done Janes F/A-18 and F-15 too...how about the F35 or F22. Only one F22 sim out in the past. DID's TAW which was very nice but nothing since then. Apache..too many already in the works or done. Let's go someplace different guys! :)

What about the "SR-71" blackbird? Wouldn't mind not shooting things as air to air refueling and recon messions would be enough to keep me happy and this has never been done before.

Ceri

Or a U2...been around long enough an enough data I am sure is out there. How about a composite o stealth a/c. U-2, SR-71, and F-117 maybe? Add the B-2 in there. Properly done that would be sweeet! :thumbup:

I believe ED have already started the 3rd Module and are laughing at this thread...:thumbup:

Where did they say this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever