Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

There will be no actual F-35 over there, only the simulator or mock up. All flyable F-35's are here in the US.

As a matter of fact, I am pretty lucky to work on AF-7 here at Edwards AFB in California as a crew chief. Pretty fun job.

• Like 1

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though rare, yeah, its fun. Probably also due to the fact that its still a new system that we are trying to work all the bugs out of. Give it a year at the most, and I will be hating it like any other airplane.

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It can't meet it's budget demands.

Gee, that is unheard of in modern military aircraft!

F-35 is in a hardly unique economical situation. F-4, F-14, F-15, F-22 all suffered similar beginnings.

Edited by Zakatak

There will be no actual F-35 over there, only the simulator or mock up. All flyable F-35's are here in the US.

As a matter of fact, I am pretty lucky to work on AF-7 here at Edwards AFB in California as a crew chief. Pretty fun job.

You are so lucky! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

The first operational vaporware F-35 landed at some airbase somewhere in the US some short time ago. Or so they say.

They landed in Florida at Eglin AFB, http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123264068

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

!f-35!

i know im out of the loop, its been a long time .i was here ing the eng.was over heating. it looks like thay worked it out. thats good news. /i think in the fuch. NASA will do testing on vector thrust, like thay did on the f-16,now that will be cool.

IF I DIE, I WELL DIE WHITH HONOR OR DIE WELL

Other than U.S. and Russian jets, don't you think European jets such as Euro Fighter, Rafale, Gripen and etc. would be a nice choice as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

Other dedicated aircraft sims.

How about other aircraft; you have all the aircraft on LO, you have the Hokum/Black Shark, & you have the Hog. So how about maybe the Apache Longbow, or a couple of the later model Hinds, or even the Mil Mi-28 Havoc. The Apache Longbow would be sweet, especially if it were as detailed as the A-10C. The AH-1Z Viper wouldn't be a bad choice for a next aircraft either. I do believe that the Longbow would get more votes though.

Edited by Spudman

How about other aircraft; you have all the aircraft on LO

Mate, you can't really compare the LO aircraft to a DCS aircraft. So every request wether for a fixed wing of any type or a helicopter is kinda valid.

:smartass:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

SU-35 for DCS

Hi, personally i'd rather have a 4th generation Flanker to fly in DCS. It would integrate much better in the existing environement rather than a stealth fighter, keeping the balance. Besides, the SU-35 is a terrific multirole, and most important is a flanker with R77 ARH missile.

Lets hope it happens!

Airmage

A mig-29K would also make me happy. TBH most carrier aircraft would make me happy. Less interested in an Su-33 but I'd still buy it. It obviously isn't next as it was confirmed it was a US fixed wing fighter but maybe after that.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but the F-15 3d model we currently have in DCS A-10C is of insanely high quality, on par with the A-10.

All other aircraft have much lower polygon/texture 3d models.

Enough with those 4th gen toyplanes and their fancy arcade-like avionics! We need F-4E Phantom II! Don't be fooled that it is a two-seater, since the "GIB" had nothing to do whatsoever except enjoying the ride!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Enough with those 4th gen toyplanes and their fancy arcade-like avionics! We need F-4E Phantom II! Don't be fooled that it is a two-seater, since the "GIB" had nothing to do whatsoever except enjoying the ride!

Of course he had! He took photos with his polaroid of hostiles up side down...or maybe that was the F-14...

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Of course he had! He took photos with his polaroid of hostiles up side down...or maybe that was the F-14...

right, that was the famous Tomcat...RIP...:cry:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

C'mon ED.... give us something to chew on.... This community is hungry for the next DCS, give us a scrap of info. :D

seriously, you know ED. They like to make us mad on waiting for somethings new. So take your time and keep on playing with the things you have and things to come. We´ll have a quite new gaming experience soon when the KA-50 and the Hog will use the same Area.

Once Nevada will be released at the end of the Year this experience will expand so much more...and suddenly you´ll recieve the first information about the new DCS Module...you´ll see.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but the F-15 3d model we currently have in DCS A-10C is of insanely high quality, on par with the A-10.

All other aircraft have much lower polygon/texture 3d models.

Same thing happened with the F-18 model in lock on 1.02 and so forth.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Avro Arrow MkII, pretty please?

The US got our government to kill this program off so we could buy some shitty missiles and F-101 Voodoo's instead. Step above anything Russia or USA had in the late50's/early 60's. 60,000+ lbs of thrust, side looking radar, retractable missile bays, Mach 3, 70,000ft, all that jazz. Not the MkI though, those just had some Pratt & Whitney J75's for testing purposes. This thing and the TSR.2 could have been world-beaters. Also, Space Shuttle had alot of roots in this, so thank the designers of this plane.

arrow.jpg

arrow2.jpg

arrow9.jpg

arrow8.jpg

Edited by Zakatak