DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Under advanced waypoint actions, choose perform command. From the action drop down, you should see an "ActivateTACAN" option. When you select that, you should be able to set the frequency of the TACAN channel.

Hey! I'd been wondering how to do that. : )

Post the track and I'll have a look.

Any luck with this? I'd like to begin making a few simple movies to upload, but I can't do this because most of my tracks are locked up with this problem. I've tried everything I can think of, combinations of different settings ... unchecked "use these settings for all missions" in the main menu options, edited the track as you recommended, etc.

I wanted to keep things simple however, I should have also pointed out that in similar fashion you can adjust the tankers radio frequency, have them orbit or run a racetrack formation, Set weapon ROF to hold so they wont attack, Set them invisible to the enemy so they wont be attacked, ect. through those advanced way point actions...

Not to overly confuse the subject, once you are familiar with the items in that menu and the editor, you can start creating more elaborate mission by using the triggered events tab and setting the perform commands there.

Whats the diff between the advanced waypoint actions and triggered actions? I'm glad you asked! Advanced waypoint actions are actions that can occur along the flight path at specific waypoints. For example you can have a flight fly a particular flight path and then when it gets to a certain way point, lets say waypoint 3, you can have it start to orbit to essentially stay on station.

A triggered event is one that is used to to trigger that command on the unit such as changing waypoints for the above flight to then go land. You would do this by setting up triggers in the editor such that for example red coalition is dead set flag 1 on, once > flag 1 true >AI task switch waypoint to waypoint 4. You would of course set this up under the triggered actions menu and not the advanced waypoint menu.

Sorry if all this confuses you, but I hope the info contained gets the creative juices flowing!

Edited by BigfootMSR

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Hey, when making a video out of a track, using the built-in exporter, will the exporter automatically use the highest quality graphics settings (since it's rendering frame-by-frame)?

If not, is there any way to make the exporter use the sim's highest graphics settings, without having to write down my normal settings, set them by hand to the highest, and then reset them by hand after exporting?

Hey, when making a video out of a track, using the built-in exporter, will the exporter automatically use the highest quality graphics settings (since it's rendering frame-by-frame)?

If not, is there any way to make the exporter use the sim's highest graphics settings, without having to write down my normal settings, set them by hand to the highest, and then reset them by hand after exporting?

I have never gotten it to work, though it has been at least a year since I tried.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

How can I enable external cameras and padlock while watching a track which was recorded with external cameras off? When I fly, I use maximum realism settings, and so I've got external views et al. off, but when I watch tracks and make movies, I want to fiddle with external cameras and stuff

The following thread contains the full solution to the problem: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94274

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi fellow pilots like the name suggests I am pretty new around here!

Is there a complete list of RWR threats / radarstuff / airplanes? All list's that I could find were incomplete in someway. (I always find something that is not on there and get confused)

Also when I mark a target with TGP TMS UP long and slave the MAV there, it doesn't look on the target. I read this was a bug/normal and have to slew the mav around to get a lock. But often it happens I lock the wrong target (like the supply truck right next to it:D) is there a "better" way to do it?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the noob questions and for my engrish.

P.S. DCS give my life back! =(

Hi fellow pilots like the name suggests I am pretty new around here!

Is there a complete list of RWR threats / radarstuff / airplanes? All list's that I could find were incomplete in someway. (I always find something that is not on there and get confused)

Also when I mark a target with TGP TMS UP long and slave the MAV there, it doesn't look on the target. I read this was a bug/normal and have to slew the mav around to get a lock. But often it happens I lock the wrong target (like the supply truck right next to it:D) is there a "better" way to do it?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the noob questions and for my engrish.

P.S. DCS give my life back! =(

A short TMS up should fix that.

• Like 1

The manual contains a full list if RWR threats and the various symbols. Don't have it in front of me atm to give you a page number

The Mavrick will not automatically lock a target. The pilot has to tell it to do so:

1-refine TGP line of sight over intended target

2-TMS up long to set SPI with TGP (with TGP as SOI)

3-bring up MAV display, set as SOI

4-china hat fwrd long to slave all sensors to SPI (MAV is now tracking TGP line if sight)

5-wait till in range and start spamming TMS up untill MAV tracking gate collapses around target

6-pickle

No need to slew if you don't want to but that will work just fine as well

Edit: damn campers...:D

• Like 1

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Thanks, TMS up short.. I think you could hear my Facepalm in the US. :)

About the RWR again, it look's like the list in the manual is not complete either. For example "EW" - Nebo SA-10 is the first thing that spring's to my eyes when I look into the list from the Document Pack I found here somewhere.

First I thought it was because it's not a "threat" (doesn't shoot) but other radars are listed there. Could it be that I have an old manual version or something?

Someone in Multiplayer confirmed this to me and said he simply made his own list, I hoped someone here would have already done so. :)

I will check this again ingame and write here exactly what I think is missing.

Thanks again for the fast help.

I hoped someone here would have already done so. :)

Have a look at this:

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/172905/

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

fullscreen woes

hello folks... the Liliput monitors for my MFCD's are on their way. I've spent a couple of days learning and testing lua files for when they arrive. Just about have it figured out, with alot of help from previous posts in this forum and you tube videos.... but here's the grief....

When I uncheck full screen in options, the new window that opens is unmanageable! I can not enlarge it, navigate around it nor close it without going to 'system manager' and ending the process.... every time.

Please note... the only way I can get back to full screen is to delete the game and all folders related to DCS and re-install... it be frustratin'!

I've searched and read pages of problems related to multiple monitor woes but just can't find this duplicated. Any guidance to a post already addressing this or some help would be appreciated!

Bmon

Edited by Picksplitter
more info

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy