DCS A-10C Screen Shots - 16 Aug 2010

Wags

• ED Team

Just a minor info regarding my promo (which i was planning on releasing this month), i am going to have to delay the promo, due to these changes. Nothing major, just want the movie to be all it can be, without glitches etc. :)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a minor info regarding my promo (which i was planning on releasing this month), i am going to have to delay the promo, due to these changes. Nothing major, just want the movie to be all it can be, without glitches etc. :)

Hey take your time and release a wonderful video; no pressure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Oh man I hope you dont have to re-shoot it all in DX11... I am sure the wait will be worth it though. Keep up the good work.

Edited by Kaiza
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

090811-F-3862L-0155.jpg

i just want to set up the second screen everyone has on their right,

it's just begging for multimonitor configuration :)

look in the folder /data/scripts/options.lua it's all their guys come on

let's get some leavu2 or going, who is running this show :D

Thanks for understanding guys, and no, i dont have re-shoot everything ;)

Some of the scenes are "too awesome" to re-shoot anyway :D

No worries man; you do a hell of a job and the screenshots are doing enough marketing.

The old addige "All good things come in time" applies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Depends what the software asks for, and requires. If it requires feature 'X' and it's not available, then it's up to the software (not DX) to choose whether to provide some fallback capacity or not, it won't happen for you.

Sometimes these missing features just get supressed and the software will carry on, albeit with some likely anomaly or glitch.

This was evidenced recently in BS1.0.2 upgrading some of its code from being DirectX9.0 compatible, to DirectX9.0c, without a fall-back for an older card that isn't supporting all of its features.

Until we're told (or find out) just what use of DX11 is going to be taken advantage of -and/or- required, it's just speculation for now though either way.

Edit:

I guess I should state, that the backwards compatibility that DX does (mostly) provide, and without ISV developer interventions, is that using DX11 and/or a card with these features, will still be able to play a DX9 game, because the DX9 interfaces will still be present and provided when the game asks for them.

There was just a slight 'oops' in this area when Vista came out, and its own DX10 didn't have a FULL DX9.0c set of interfaces and needed patching. But still, that's the direction the backwards compatibility is provided in from MS/DX itself, it's not to let cards that are DX9 compatible 'work' with DX11 feature sets and software. That's entirely up to the ISV developer as mentioned, ED in this case.

Edited by topdog

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

man, i just wish someone would offer us a good, deep explanation of this Dx11 thing. All of the sudden they just hopped onto the Dx11 scene, which barely anyone is on yet. Not that im complaining, im gonna take advantage of dx11, just want to know how it will affect gameplay, what kind of graphical additions are made possible my it, etc.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

man, i just wish someone would offer us a good, deep explanation of this Dx11 thing. All of the sudden they just hopped onto the Dx11 scene, which barely anyone is on yet. Not that im complaining, im gonna take advantage of dx11, just want to know how it will affect gameplay, what kind of graphical additions are made possible my it, etc.

"DirectX 11! What to expect?"

That is very misleading. Kingneptune is more right, we dont know anything until someone at ED tells us a little more about what new features the dx11 version of DCS:WH will have, which is not the same thing as what new features dx11 is capable of.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Even with DX11 it may look almost exactly the same as the DX9 version. It opens up more possibilities for ED to enhance the visuals but unless they add those features, it could just be functionality upgrade for future development. There was a lot of talk awhile back that DCS:WH would use the same engine as BS, but with them moving to DX11 and 64bit, seems to me its more new than the same, or at least headed in that direction.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

Going to DX11 is a good thing. DX11 cards will be going on two years on the market soon, not like it's a huge surprise.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Two thumbs up for DX11 and 64 bits. We will be using the sim for years to come and it's a great start.

off topic, but has there been any word, release, news, or even rumors on a directx 12?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

I haven't yet heard of it, but I don't doubt it'll come unless MS get twitchy about using numbers and just call it a different name. Sometimes they do, and then you get things like 'XP' and 'Vista' before the twitchiness wears off again :)

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]