ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

weathered metal is coming along nice, soon itll be down to a proper vintage look.:smilewink: looks great from a bit of distance too. all dynamic btw :unsure:

0cf77fa5.jpg

this was just a tiger meet idea test with the weathered stuff. not sure i like it at all. love the wings though, very similar to a few photos i have.

c9178bc4.jpg

Outstanding as usual:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Holy cow Ali that is beautiful you're going to have to give me some tips! (I think tip #1 will be "use a bigger texture!" :D)

nope thats the standard size texture of 2048, no magic tricks here,

edit: and i have a fascination with pixel art. which is the most complicated digital art IMhO.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes it is a trick. you must work on the 2048X2048 texture and to add or paint details at the texture's scale without scaling them in any direction. many persons i know usually work on 4096X4096 textures for a better detail level and when they finish it they scale it to 2048X2048. the result is bad, this way you loose many details and the textures becomes blurry. The reverse action(from 1024X1024 to 2048X2048) has the same bad results.

yes it is a trick. you must work on the 2048X2048 texture and to add or paint details at the texture's scale without scaling them in any direction. .

thats a good artist not a trick IMHO.

however theres another question thats begging. what could i do at 4096..... better rivet heads and scratches and panel lines, thats about it, not worth it unless iam twice as close to the object theoreticaly. but it would always help. and btw i dont always agree about the fundamentals of re scaling, sometimes its very beneficial for working with that fine detail. i dont seem to loose any detail in re scaling.... the end result is my priority and my familiarisation with pixel art has led me far in terms of special effects within DCS, which besides my art abbility its the special effects that drive me. the diffuse as ive mentioned before isnt what is doing the work mainly, its doing 1/5th of the work. composition is my skill mainly.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

weathered metal is coming along nice, soon itll be down to a proper vintage look.:smilewink: looks great from a bit of distance too. all dynamic btw :unsure:

0cf77fa5.jpg

this was just a tiger meet idea test with the weathered stuff. not sure i like it at all. love the wings though, very similar to a few photos i have.

^ This is very nice Ali Fish but IMHO your earlier proper metal skin was THE BEST what iv ever seen !

Excellent Skin I LOVE your polished proper metal :thumbup:

607b39c9.png

7e5faf98.png

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

nope thats the standard size texture of 2048, no magic tricks here,

edit: and i have a fascination with pixel art. which is the most complicated digital art IMhO.

Very cool, that definitely makes sense. (Not at all sure what John's talking about.) Cheers!

thanks folks,

@ hungaro, i think emphasis on the clean polish with a touch of the weathering is the way, but really thanks for that post, its put things into persepctive somewhat seeing them both together like that.

at most i can have a range of new to old planes.

at least i can have the polished style with just a hint of the effects from the non polished to get a more correct balance.

edit: and the result. 1 finished plane. with the technique fully mastered, \o/ now i can stop boring you lot.

f7f0d76b.jpg

cb950a1f.jpg

1081a54c.jpg

cd9ce407.jpg

a874ffba.jpg

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:thumbsup: Wonderful work :yes:

f7f0d76b.jpg

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

No shi* Russian paratrooper looks like 12 yr old boy comparing to P51 pilot, BTW Very nice modelled Russian Regular Soldier ;) Old soldiers, K-50 Pilot model looks like programists joke, comparing to this:huh:

:pilotfly:

Click for full-res.

ZIVc2l.jpg

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "