Little details that you've noticed?

Oiten

Not to mention the fact, weapons don't fall through your plane. Accidentely I have bombed myself in the air during my first bombing practice. The first couple of MK-82s went on targets nicely, but on the third run I was in a hurry to get the pipper on the target and somehow I flew into the released bombs lol

And that has actually happened IRL!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 really cool thing I liked was when I hit the ground hard and the wheels fell off the screen shaked and went all black / grey, added a really cool effect.

Also, when going straight up into the air and the aircraft stalls, all electrical /engine systems failed and I had to glide the plane to landing, that's the type of challenges I love.

And another, the seat can go up and down :P

SLATS. I didn't even know they have modeled them. How cool is that?

i haven't tried it out, but i read somewhere that the slats open when you fire the cannon to prevent the gun fumes to enter in to the engines..

WOOOOoooooo

------------------------------------------------------

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHz Black edition

8GB DDR3 1333

GeForce GTX580

Windows 7 64bit

------------------------------------------------------

i haven't tried it out, but i read somewhere that the slats open when you fire the cannon to prevent the gun fumes to enter in to the engines..

Hmmm.. That's possible. That I know of, the ignitors are firing when the gun is fired, if they wouldn't, the engine would stall.

IIRC the slats also help preventing engine flameouts during high G/AoA turns.

Not to be a stickler...but I see no slats on the A10...I do see some strakes that could redirect airflow. Slats are normally movable surfaces on the leading edge of the wing...I see no such thing on the A10c here. ??? or am i missing something here?

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

The slats have nothing to do with gun gas getting into the engines. As MTFDarkEagle said, the engine igniters are active while firing and a few seconds after. The slats have everything to do with the airflow into the engines during high AoA situations, as sobek said.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Man, you went all technical on me :D

Yea It would perhaps have been enough to state that a rapid forward acceleration is perceived to be a pitch up, caused by the affect on the semi circular canals in your balance organs (in the ear)

Hence, if you've noticed, on carrier launches the pilot keeps his hand away from the stick, so as not to be tempted to "stop the pitch up" and consequently push the stick forward (bad idea)

:thumbup:

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

so as not to be tempted to "stop the pitch up" and consequently push the stick forward

(Offtop enabled)

This is exactly what I've done after my Instructor said - "Now we are climbing to gain some altitude. And we are going to test the ... weightlessness right ... about .... NOW!" - And suddenly push our Yak-18T in 45deg dive.

I've unconsciously push the stick full-forward with all my might. Thanx God the stick was already full-forwarded and there was a lot of time to take my hand back. Instructor said nothing. Shame on me :)

(Offtop disabled)

SFME

Всех убью, один останусь!

What I've noticed which is cool is that when engaging an armoured column, instead of blindly carrying on as you pick them off with Mavs, they actually get off the road and disperse making your job much harder.

A few minutes later when they think you've gone the survivors get the hell out of dodge which is just about when another Mav is incoming :D

Not to be a stickler...but I see no slats on the A10...I do see some strakes that could redirect airflow. Slats are normally movable surfaces on the leading edge of the wing...I see no such thing on the A10c here. ??? or am i missing something here?

They're present. On the leading edge between the fuselage and the wheel pod (just inboard of that strake). They're not terribly obvious in a lot of photos, particularly in 3-tone camo pictures.

You can see the second stage rockets firing on SAM's. I'm not sure what SAM it is but I found saw it in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqIntuu0Cb8

At 4:37 you can see the sam launch and a second or two later a second rocket kicks in. Pretty cool

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

Sorry to burst it, but two-stage missiles are not new to A-10C :)

lol I know but I never really got into Black Shark enough to notice this.

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

Great details mentioned in this post...a credit again to the developers. I am very tempted to buy the pre release beta 2 now..more than ever !

FYI... You're not buying the beta. Beta access is a bonus for pre-ordering the retail version of the sim.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Great details mentioned in this post...a credit again to the developers. I am very tempted to buy the pre release beta 2 now..more than ever !

Yeah you're buying a pre-order. So you can pay now and fly it now or wait, pay later and er.. not fly it now. Or if you're the traditional pre-order type of guy, pay now and wait til it's released.

What I've noticed which is cool is that when engaging an armoured column, instead of blindly carrying on as you pick them off with Mavs, they actually get off the road and disperse making your job much harder.

A few minutes later when they think you've gone the survivors get the hell out of dodge which is just about when another Mav is incoming :D

Yeap. I wish they would all take evasive action and not just 1 out of 5 vehicles.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Yeap. I wish they would all take evasive action and not just 1 out of 5 vehicles.

They all take evasive action for me...

At least the times when I pay attention, I see them all trying to avoid death from above.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

not very realistic as the pilots helmet would cancel these sounds out, maybe in external views hear these effects more, real life pilot only hear radio chatter static , and ever so slight engine whine inpit.

Actually you can hear and more importantly feel the gear transition in every thing I've ever flown.

Actually you can hear and more importantly feel the gear transition in every thing I've ever flown.

I never heard or felt the gear go up or down in my F-16 flight. I didn't even know we went into AB until I felt the acceleration and the pilot said we were in AB. Are you talking about fighters or passenger airliners?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Something important to remember is that while flying in game, unless you do something major to effect the flight dynamics, there is no easy way to "feel" very slight changes. Unless you have some wicked-sick setup you are always playing the game at 1-g. Sound effects play a crucial role in attempting to convey a feeling. This is why your landing gear has a somewhat loud and obvious "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-che-chunk" whenever you are raising or lowering the gear. Its why you hear a faint "chek" whenever you release a bomb. Not saying that you wouldn't hear sounds like that in the real thing, just saying that it helps magnify the fact that you dropped a bomb or your landing gear is all the way down.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum