WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

Any info on different DCS World version showing in TARS CP? Can I just ignore the version because it's pointing at the DCS folder?

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

Everything works in game. Awesome plugin.

Just one minor hiccup of my TS3 Push To Talk completely not working with the plugin enabled in TS3. Have to use voice activation.

Thanks for all the help fellas, really appreciate it.

Update:

Everything works in game. Awesome plugin.

We just tested the app on TS 3.0.10 and DCS 1.2.3 and found the following:

Communication between A-10C and KA-50 seems to work. And that's about it.

P-51 and ground commanders (inside vehicles) have not been able to communicate through TARS.

The plugin keeps muting clients who leaves the game and disconnects from TS, so you have to unmute them manually the next time they connect.

But it's nice to have a realistic way of talking within a package when you are flying without human ground commanders etc :)

Edited by Justin Case
http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

Is there any way for a player within the game to hear spectators or people just in the channel?

if someone's game has crashed, how can he let anyone know?

if people are flying togeather and someone is joining the channel, they can't hear him at all... is it possible to have an option from within the control panel to set a "frequency" for all "non TARS" users?

I dont think so, if someone crashes his aircraft he will not be able to talk to others ... due hes aircraft with the comms is destroyed. If the serveradmin stops the server, you will hear all again ... way realistic ;)

Running TARS

TARS will not do anything to Teamspeak 3 while DCS is not running. When you run TARS while playing DCS, Teamspeak 3 will behave a little differently than it normally does. You will only be able to hear other players on Teamspeak under the following conditions:

• The other player is in the same game of DCS as you, and his or her radio is turned on.
  • Your radio is turned on, and tuned to the same frequency as the other player’s radio.
  • You have line-of-sight to the other player (i.e., the horizon of the Earth is not blocking your transmission). Line of sight increases with altitude and is the primary limiter to the effective range of your aircraft’s communications. Additionally, there is a slight range restriction on FM radio transmission that may present itself within the radio horizon, depending on frequency.
  • Your intercom panel settings (depending on aircraft and radio type) are configured so that you are able to hear the radio in question.

Spectators

Users who don’t have TARS installed are free to spectate the game, however players who are still alive will not be able to hear them. TARS will locally mute players that it cannot establish are in the same game as you. Spectators will appear muted to players who are in the game.

Edited by TomDK

Any info on different DCS World version showing in TARS CP? Can I just ignore the version because it's pointing at the DCS folder?

It shows the version it finds in the registry. People are suggesting that this isn't the same version they have--it may be that the registry isn't getting updated. But you can point it to the world folder and it will work.

I dont think so, if someone crashes his aircraft he will not be able to talk to others ... due hes aircraft with the comms is destroyed. If the serveradmin stops the server, you will hear all again ... way realistic ;)

I'm aware of that. and I'm not talking about spectators/"dead"/"ejected" users. they all have TARS enabled and have certain permissions.

I'm asking for the option to have a checkbox saying something like "hear non-tars users on <USER DEFINED FREQ>" so I can choose to monitor that frequency if I want to (and respond on that freq as well).

Sometimes when you fly DCS on a TS server that supports a whole community, people might pop in from time to time just for fun. they can hear you speak - but you can't hear them.

In addition,

When the TARS plugin is disabled via TS, it will not reset the mute lists.

it is possible to add a keybind to toggle TARS to STBY mode instead of needing to disable the TS plugin (to be able to communicate out of the game)

And one last question,

What are the TS permissions needed for TARS, I've seen a server where we kept getting "error" from the TS everytime we transmitted.

Edited by uri_ba

That feature would be in, uri_ba, as well as a lot of stuff that we listed in the roadmap in 2011. But then DCS World happened, and a whole bunch of other factors came into play. It's still on the list.

What are the TS permissions needed for TARS, I've seen a server where we kept getting "error" from the TS everytime we transmitted.

You may need to relax antispam settings on some servers due to the volume of inter-client messaging it does in the TS3 side.

Edited by Headspace

That feature would be in, uri_ba, as well as a lot of stuff that we listed in the roadmap in 2011. But then DCS World happened, and a whole bunch of other factors came into play. It's still on the list.

You may need to relax antispam settings on some servers due to the volume of inter-client messaging it does in the TS3 side.

10x Headspace! :)

Looking forward for it.

Keep up all your good work!

Uri

Thanks Headspace

Managed to jump online to test.

Yep, as ever, it works as intended.:thumbup:

Just a quick question though for clarity, What is the recommended order of startup on TARS control Panel, Teamspeak3 and DCS ?

Is there a set order in which the applications should be started to avoid any hic-cups..

Just curious.

Just a quick question though for clarity, What is the recommended order of startup on TARS control Panel, Teamspeak3 and DCS ?

Is there a set order in which the applications should be started to avoid any hic-cups..

They can be started in any order. After you've configured your settings the control panel is no longer needed. TARS starts running as soon as you start Teamspeak 3, because as a plugin of Teamspeak 3's it is integrated right into the process. TARS only activates itself when DCS starts up and says "hi."

Is there any chance of changing the behavior for muting players not in the sim? What I mean is when they are set to mute in teamspeak, it often causes issues by leaving them on mute until you manually remove that. Wouldn't it be possible to mute them the same way you do with players in the same sim as you are but not on the same channel?

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i have problems with TARS, can hear and transim with UHF, but VH1 and 2 not work.

TARS 1.0.2 Beta 3 in both players.

Last DCS World version in both players.

Correct installation of TARS, with pluguin activated.

UHF work, only listen in same frequency and with sound of TARS. But if set incorrect UHF frequency and select VHF1 with both in the same frequency abd transmit with PPS of TS3, the other friend not hear me.

And if both are in the correct UHF frequency, and select VHF1 for transmit, the other friend listen me.

I think the radio selection not work, and i tried default LCTRL+1 or 2 or 3, i set LCTRL+LSHIFT+1 or 2 or 3, and my personal Cougar buttons for radio.

Please can help me? thanks, and sorry for my english.

Attach my TARS log

P.D: Reading a other post in 2011, i say have ACRE for ArmA2 installed, I have not tried disabled ACRE

tars-log_viper.zip

Edited by Legolasindar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Hi, i have problems with TARS, can hear and transim with UHF, but VH1 and 2 not work.

TARS 1.0.2 Beta 3 in both players.

Last DCS World version in both players.

Correct installation of TARS, with pluguin activated.

UHF work, only listen in same frequency and with sound of TARS. But if set incorrect UHF frequency and select VHF1 with both in the same frequency abd transmit with PPS of TS3, the other friend not hear me.

And if both are in the correct UHF frequency, and select VHF1 for transmit, the other friend listen me.

I think the radio selection not work, and i tried default LCTRL+1 or 2 or 3, i set LCTRL+LSHIFT+1 or 2 or 3, and my personal Cougar buttons for radio.

Please can help me? thanks, and sorry for my english.

Attach my TARS log

P.D: Reading a other post in 2011, i say have ACRE for ArmA2 installed, I have not tried disabled ACRE

I think I found the problem, had the pluguin of ACRE for ArmA2 active, and it seems that it was creating the conflict.

SUGGESTION

In most Hotas can put 3 buttons to talk, to me is an inconvenience having to select first and then talk radio. I when I create the profile for my joystick, create 3 buttons to speak directly configured.

Could be put as a selectable option, which can be used to talk 3 buttons, one for each radio, without having to do a radio preset?

Thanks is a great mod :thumbup: and sorry for my bad english :P

Edited by Legolasindar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

I think I found the problem, had the pluguin of ACRE for ArmA2 active, and it seems that it was creating the conflict.

SUGGESTION

In most Hotas can put 3 buttons to talk, to me is an inconvenience having to select first and then talk radio. I when I create the profile for my joystick, create 3 buttons to speak directly configured.

Could be put as a selectable option, which can be used to talk 3 buttons, one for each radio, without having to do a radio preset?

Thanks is a great mod :thumbup: and sorry for my bad english :P

The way TARS is configured at the moment you can have one button for each radio, you do not have to select the radio first and then transmit. When TARS was first released I believe this was not the case, but this is the way it works now. You only need to press the button for the radio you wish to transmit on. So unless I have misunderstood, your suggestion already works.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

The way TARS is configured at the moment you can have one button for each radio, you do not have to select the radio first and then transmit. When TARS was first released I believe this was not the case, but this is the way it works now. You only need to press the button for the radio you wish to transmit on. So unless I have misunderstood, your suggestion already works.

The instructions say need select first the radio, and next push TS button.

http://www.excessiveheadspace.com/tars/user-manual/communications

First, select the desired radio by hitting the appropriate radio key combination. The key mappings for DCS: A-10C are as follows:

Hitting the radio key combination selects that radio and causes it to transmit when next you key your Teamspeak 3 push-to-talk (or voice activation).

If you push CTRL+1 for exemple, not transmit, i need push PTT for transmit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any chance of changing the behavior for muting players not in the sim? What I mean is when they are set to mute in teamspeak, it often causes issues by leaving them on mute until you manually remove that. Wouldn't it be possible to mute them the same way you do with players in the same sim as you are but not on the same channel?

+1 here.

Master Arms has stopped using TARS until this problem has been resolved. We've had too many squadnights were we end up sitting troubleshooting comms instead of flying.

Ground Commanders cannot speak through TARS. This is essential for us since we often play with JTACs and ground commanders.

We also have more client crashes when using TARS.

I hope you can sort these issues out so we can start using TARS again. We love it, its just too much problems right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

Question regarding TARS and KA50 (probably in the wrong thread, but didnt find a thread about the KA50)

Is TARS working proprerly in KA50? Or is it only 124.00AM and 35.650FM that are working with TARS in the KA50?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

We also have more client crashes when using TARS.

That's not really something TARS should be able to do to your DCS. Please do send in the log if you suspect that your DCS has crashed because of it. It's mainly an export application, meaning it only receives information from DCS.

If you push CTRL+1 for exemple, not transmit, i need push PTT for transmit.

Yeah thats a bit outdated, if you push CTRL+1 for example you will transmit.

Try it :)

Edited by Kaiza
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

TARS 1.0.2b3 problem - New install

Hi!

I have with little success tried to get TARS running after installing DCS world, teamspeak 3 and TARS on a new computer.

Everything in the TARS controlpanel is green and TARS is not on STBY. (ie. installed, and showing the correct Version).

In teamspeak I have the TARS plugin enabled.

When entering the game, I get "TARS not running" when I click on my user in teamspeak, the other users show "TARS ver 1.0.2b3 running"

These are two logs from TARS:

tars-plugin.log:

09:55:11.882 [5526328: 251] *** TARS Loading ***

09:55:11.882 [5526388: 255] Tactical Aviation Radio System v1.0.2 Beta 3

09:55:11.882 [55263f0: 259] Teamspeak Plugin API Version 19

09:55:16.304 [5526278: 205] Connected to server: 138 Virtuell Luftving TS3 Server

09:55:16.306 [55262d0: 210] DCS interface initialized.

09:55:16.306 [5524ff8: 320] TS3Interface: Detected Teamspeak channel change to 1.

09:55:16.306 [55252f0: 543] TS3Interface: Refreshing peer listing for channel 1.

09:55:16.306 [5526d88: 145] Listening for game client on 0.0.0.0:48101.

10:10:46.473 [55264b0: 299] *** TARS Unloading ***

TARS log:

02:31:01 *** TARS Loading ***

02:31:01 Setting dead/spectator status.

02:31:01 Waiting for connection to Teamspeak 3...

02:31:01 Dumping object IDs...

02:31:06 TARS update cycle scheduled at modeltime 1.001

02:31:08 Connection to Teamspeak 3 established.

02:31:14 1

02:31:15 1

Any suggestions?