Beta 4 is Available

Wags

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool Kevlon (Kinda!)..What's your rig?

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

upgraded to lastest patch after I got back from parents house for xmas, fantastic job guys, loading 4 secs, option 4 secs.

Taking off in the take off and landing tutorial and using TIR, looking right just after lift off with every setting maxed used to stutter just a little now its perfect :)

Unalbe to login to MP though, saying Invalid login/password, only post i can find is from another forum from 2003.

Mithabndra

Edited by Raz_Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

some of the model lods have been tweaked with beta 4, so yes many are finding big frame lifts with this build.

The terrain LOD's need some tuning IMO. At the moment there are islands of higher texture surrounded by blurry terrain, when looking something like beyond 10 miles.

• Like 1
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

I have a "%1 is not a valid Win32 application" problem in the x64 game.

10122707264b316085709457db.jpg

I have the DX runtime, video card drivers and all system updates installed.

My system is Win7 enterprise x64. Video Card is NVIDIA GTX460.

The beta3 has the same problem, but the the error is on "edTerrain.dll"

Everything is ok in beta & beta2, as well as the x86 game.

For the record, I get this exact same message, with similar systems specs (Win7 Home x64, GeForce 9500GT). But the x86 version works like a charm!

That trainer fellow needs to pay closer attention, though; I finally executed a perfectly level turn after tweaking the joystick properties to make the controls less squirrely, and he didn't even notice. Too busy admiring that gorgeous landscape, I suppose.

Also, I found this topic and the patch AFTER doing a full install of Beta 4 over Beta 3. Am I boned?

Edited by Frogisis

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

For the record, I get this exact same message, with similar systems specs (Win7 Home x64, GeForce 9500GT). But the x86 version works like a charm!

IIRC another user had the same issue which was attributed to a Network driver that needed updating.

Also, I found this topic and the patch AFTER doing a full install of Beta 4 over Beta 3. Am I boned?

For troubleshooting purposes I would advise a clean install of the Beta 4 base version.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

For the record, I get this exact same message, with similar systems specs (Win7 Home x64, GeForce 9500GT). Am I boned?

Your best chance is to delete the entire DCS sim.....

Thats it.....

Just wait untill the completed version is released.

There are WAAAY to many bugs and errors in beta so this will help keep the stress levels down. :thumbup:

Your best chance is to delete the entire DCS sim.....

Thats it.....

Erm......No :doh:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Well, it's been working fine - I just wanted to know if after like the 30th mission my computer is going to turn back into a pumpkin or something.

Saying not to install 4 over 3 is probably just a consistency measure for bug reporting purposes, so I'll just chill until the final version is released and do a clean install then.

Besides, I only just discovered DCS a couple months ago and am still only ankles deep in Black Shark - I can wait.

I tried installing all the new legit drivers for Windows 7 I could find, though, and the x64 version of A-10 still won't start. Do you remember specifically what the driver was called? Both searches on the forums and on google haven't been especially productive.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

I Friends,i have this problem at start the simulator :(

problemdcs.png

It seems to be relatively common. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that it didn't happen on their machine with betas 1 and 2, so we know it's possible for it not to happen, and hopefully it'll be hashed out by the final release. The x86 version will hold me until then.

Apparently there's a "network driver" update that solved the problem for one person who had it, but I can't find any specifics either on here or with google. I have all the latest drivers that I can think of, and am running it as an administrator, but I still can't start up the 64 bit version, either.

That trainer fellow needs to pay closer attention, though; I finally executed a perfectly level turn after tweaking the joystick properties to make the controls less squirrely, and he didn't even notice. Too busy admiring that gorgeous landscape, I suppose.

Now the problem of mine is solved. The DirectX is the key.

In my case, some x86 dll files of DirectX were put in the "system32" folder. Reinstalling DirectX can't correct the x86 or x64 version of these dll files. So I just unpack the cab files of DirectX June 2010 and put the x64 dlls into "system32" folder and x86 files in "syswow64" folder manually. Skip those files are using by the system. After that, try intall the DirectX June 2010 again, and now it's worked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there are a few issues I'm not happy about in beta 4

--But Good God, it's an achievement.

I feel spoiled to be able to work at...and try to match my wits to this sim.

Matt, you don't seem to be one to... "take a bow" as it were. It shouldn't go left unsaid, though, that this is really already--just an astoundingly gratifying, enjoyable experience.

I was sitting...about to turn onto the runway having called for permission to take off and with the ATC response, a floodlight from a nearby vehicle(?) went on that lit up the first 200 meters of airstrip. I think I laughed aloud at that.

The level of detail is breathtaking.

It's been a tough winter with so few things to smile about...how great a thing it is to be able to fly this sim.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"

Now the problem of mine is solved. The DirectX is the key.

In my case, some x86 dll files of DirectX were put in the "system32" folder. Reinstalling DirectX can't correct the x86 or x64 version of these dll files. So I just unpack the cab files of DirectX June 2010 and put the x64 dlls into "system32" folder and x86 files in "syswow64" folder manually. Skip those files are using by the system. After that, try intall the DirectX June 2010 again, and now it's worked.

OK, I downloaded DirectX June 2010 and took the .dlls out of the .cab files. I put the x64 ones in system32 and the x86 ones in sysWOW64, then reinstalled DirectX, but still no luck.

Then I tried switching the directories and putting the 64s in 64 and the 86s in 32 and then reinstalling, but still no dice. I'm going to put this on the backburner, though, until the final version comes out. The x86 version works great even with high graphics settings, it just seems like a waste to not get as much as I can out of it.

Edited by Frogisis

--

I was sitting...about to turn onto the runway having called for permission to take off and with the ATC response, a floodlight from a nearby vehicle(?) went on that lit up the first 200 meters of airstrip. I think I laughed aloud at that.

The level of detail is breathtaking.

It's been a tough winter with so few things to smile about...how great a thing it is to be able to fly this sim.

Thanks.

Well said! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.