Any news on producing 1.2?

Regarding the AFM, I think that the techniques used to make an aircrafts FM should be created as such to easily accept fresh data to create a new FM. This would speed up the time required to make a new flyable, also make it flexible to accept future patches as more information is made available. The more flyables the better I say.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Olgerd aready said, AFM is more modelling of various avionics rather then modelling of flight characteristics. What I mean is that precise modelling of realistic behaviour of various aircraft parts and systems is much more difficult and less noticable by user then flight model itself. Su-25T has very precise modelling of hydro system and it's failures, navigation gyroscopes and accumulative error, and many other avionics instruments, including armament systems.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

I saw an in-cockpit and over-the-shoulder recording of an F18 pilot quickly operating serveral switches right before he rolled in to fire a sevo of rockets at a target. Obviously, whatever he was doing, he couldn't perform it with his HOTAS and that's precisely what I was talking about when I said in the heat of combat. Try that while clicking buttons with your mouse.

Having an animated hand operating tasks is more realistic in a sense. Of course, clicking with a mouse is welcomed.

And don't forget to model navigation this time. ;)

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I saw an in-cockpit and over-the-shoulder recording of an F18 pilot quickly operating serveral switches right before he rolled in to fire a sevo of rockets at a target. Obviously, whatever he was doing, he couldn't perform it with his HOTAS and that's precisely what I was talking about when I said in the heat of combat. Try that while clicking buttons with your mouse.

Having an animated hand operating tasks is more realistic in a sense. Of course, clicking with a mouse is welcomed.

And don't forget to model navigation this time. ;)

If touch screens were common, this would be an whole other issue... and more exciting too... but I dunno about using a mouse to hit the controls.

One issue with 3D clickable cockpits which I didn't really notice until Janes FA18 got TrackIR support (YAY, Kudos to the gang!) is that it's really hard to use the MFDs when the mouse cursor uses your screen coordinates whereas the actual positioning of the instruments is linked to your head movement. With head tracking you are constantly looking around your instruments and outside, but since the mouse cursor moves with your PoV you have to hold your head still in order to use any instruments. This can be a bit tiring and you often wind up losing time in the heat of the moment.

A better system (and fairly easily implemented I think) would be to make the cursor a 3D object that moves in relation to the cockpit and not the screen. This way you could place the cursor over the instrument you're using, glance around and look back to find the cursor just where you left it. And no - I don't think having an animated hand or glove really is the solution because it's bound to obscure instruments, and whereas you could just move your head laterally to look behind your hand in real life, you'd have to move the hand away in the sim.

Anyway I'm all for clickable cockpits, at least in those airframes that have more than the basic avionics.

Oh, and did I mention it would be nice with an online campaign mode? :-D

Will the 1.2 release be free? If it is payware, how much would it be..?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Not a dev, but I can say with almost absolute certainty that it won't be free. 1.1 was not free, thus, it is reasonable to assume that 1.2 will not be free either. As for the price, I imagine it will be in the neighborhood of what 1.1 cost. A flyable and change is quite reasonable for the price asked, I think.

• ED Team

AFM is not avionics at all. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• ED Team

Many of gauges outputs are calculated in AFM part as they are dependent of flight dynamics part. But it is a different issue. And it is not correlated with flight characterictics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

there will be a special feature called "cooling" where you place the helo perpandiculary to the ground and you put your face near the screen and magic: it will cool you during hot days.

All this magic due to AFM.^_^

Core I7 4770K-16Gb DDR3 1800- SLI MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2Gb-Win 7 64 bit - TM Cougar

Thanks for the update Beta testers on 1.2

Much appreciated, since im waiting for the ka50.

Please keep us inform if you can on this progress.

Dev's only thing I can say; Thanks

keep it up soldiers ;) The Panthers is always available for onlline testing if you require it....

Betatesting of 1.2 isn't started yet, most info above is from open-forum posts from devs.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

One thing I would just like to add about the debate over clickable cockpits. I would love to have them as many others, but I think we should all look at the cost benefit of this. IMHO I don't think they are worth the time and effort if it is going to be at the expense of more flyables. What I mean is, I'd rather have F-16, F-18, Mirage 2000 a long with the current fleet rather than get clickable cockpits. For example I think everything should be brought up to the current level SU25T and have all the new flyables at least be at that level - rather than getting a new flyable with a clickable cockpit and the others remain without clickable cockpits. Also, just how much time ED going to have to put into designing clickable cockpits and what is that going to do to delay more flyables? I could be wrong, but I think most of us want more flyables rather than clickable cockpits. Sure, the best thing would be clickable cockpits for everything plus more flyables but I just wonder if they have the resources available to do this for all the planes plus release new flyables in a time frame that will be reasonable and profitable. Just my two cents - I'm not against clickable cockpits, but I just don't want to see them at the expense of more flyables.

inspite of all this..I would like the effort go towards gameplay and realism like su-25T. I want the dynamic campaign generator like in falcon4. well if we cannot get this in addon...I would rather ask for an improved AFM for the a-10.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

firesoldier845 IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT !!!!!

===================================================

This is EXACTLY what we think here too. More western fighters like F16, F18, Mirage2000, Tornado (movable wings !!! ahhhh - finger licking good :-), F4 Phantom II !!!!!!!!

LOMAC

Germany

Greetings

krel01

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THE BEST WAY IS : Less aircraft, but with complete avionics, and especially an environment of more dynamic and immersif combat, and then make add-ons with new aircraft with the same level of development and new theaters. No doubt about that.