Take On Helicopter - New game by Bohemia Interactive

Eight Ball

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you shoot something with HUD that is not collimated?!? :music_whistling:

You can see it at 0:17 - 0:18

...and what about the sound? This is not the Hind sound :(

THIS is the sound of Hind :D

F**k, mate that's low! :megalol:

Edited by Suchacz

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with it yet. I don't think I'll be purchasing it, at least not until I see a good demo. I expected this since they were being so secretive ( not a single real video till the day it launched, and then little at that). I'm still waiting to see a video that actually shows all the controls, weapons, etc. Maybe the ACE Team can do something with it. They and some of the other modders are the only reason Arma 2 is decent. Vanilla Arma sucks.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

Minus the flight model, you would think at least as good a cockpit as FC2. So far, its a bad joke. Even the RWR doesn't work. While the graphics aren't too bad, the instruments remind me of some 80's flight sim.

Edited by Wolfie

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

Very Disappointed with the Hinds flight model - hell it has "anti torque roll" from the tail rotor which is interesting because the tail rotor is mounted at the same height as the main rotor disc so has no moment with which to cause roll when combating torque. It is interesting to see that a real russian Hind flight instructor compliments the flight model quite enthusiastically which means he either cashed a cheque or was playing the game with much different hardware than I did. (I have a G940)

Just seems slapped together, really not happy (However I have to admit that I am slightly biased against this game, stemming from the mission where the resident engineer makes a sentimental comment metaphorically comparing the sound of a turbine engine to a "symphony" which to me seems insane, as ( although I love the sound of turbines, especially the startup), he was basically saying that really loud, high pitched hissing is comparable to an orchestra - which even shrugging it off as misplaced sentimentality strikes me as a stupid thing to say.

I do however really appreciate what bohemia is trying to do, and I really hope that this game pulls its sh*t together and will wait it out until Arma 3 comes along and hope that it will be awesome then.

I am giving them money - but at the moment between X-Plane 10 and BS2 I have enough to keep me occupied until TKOH gets good - and also Antworld (Outerra) and very much looking forward to Combat Helo.

My 2c. :)

Edited by ben1101

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

It is interesting to see that a real russian Hind flight instructor compliments the flight model quite enthusiastically which means he either cashed a cheque or was playing the game with much different hardware than I did. (I have a G940)

Lol, take a wild guess.

I preordered the Hind and installed it yesterday...my thoughts on this?

I quit playing after 5 Minutes and fired up BS2 since flying that Helo is so much more fun. I am very disappointed about the Hind.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Lol, the MOB RULES. At least you guys listen to your peeps.

Now, may I suggest you do some more work on your Hind and bring it up to the FC2 level.

Edited by Wolfie

Nice. I think what really needs work is your cockpit. We need to be able to clearly see all the analog guages working. Plus, realistic HUD and MFDs.

Edited by Wolfie

in meanwhile, suprise for owners of TOH and ARMA games ;) ,

you will be able use ARMA content inside th copter sim :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132627-Take-On-Arma

discuss http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132628-Take-On-Arma-Official-at-last

Fantastic news. You guy's keep surprising me. Arma 2 goodness with Take On scale Maps. I can already feel the awesome upcomming tank battles. And warfare modes. Picture in picture and interactive cockpits for Tanks and planes so they can finally go upgrade the fighterjet Addons Like GLT F-16 :) O my goodness...

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

When I first read it I was thinking "woohooo, that's awesome !"

Then I read the last sentence :

Stay tuned for more on this obviously free patch.
My hat to you BIS. I hope this will inspire some other developers who are building a modular game but still ask us to pay for compatibility between modules:music_whistling:

I would pay ANYTHING for accurate HIND sim!!!

I would like to try to fly this beautiful beast, as well as I want to know a tiny piece of the hard work of our Czech Army Hind pilots, which are (I think) the best in the world :smilewink:

...but I understand, that TOH is not the right platform to do this.

Anyway, I appreciate your work and I hope, that it will attract new people, probably HAWX atc. fans, to this beautifull hobby, FLIGHTSIMMING! :thumbup:

Edit:

Czech Army Hind pilots, which are (I think) the best in the world :smilewink:

...refer to last few TigerMeet results, or see their Hind-dance on U2B!

I love them, please don't tell my wife :wub:

Edited by Suchacz

Then I read the last sentence :

My hat to you BIS. I hope this will inspire some other developers who are building a modular game but still ask us to pay for compatibility between modules:music_whistling:

I wouldn't to compare DCS with TOH or either of they're respective engines, or they're value.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Very interesting with the take on ARMA patch. I might have to pick up ToH soon because this upcoming patch makes the game that much more of a value.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

+1 we can only hope that others do not act tarded and dont try to make themselves the EA or Ubisoft of the sim world

as much as I can understand people who do mind ED for taking money for a formerly announced and promised compatibility, so I understand ED about not to be able to hold that promise. Dont forget what it would mean if no reasonable updates would have been made.

- all the features of the A-10C would not be existing (may be A-10C in whole)

- crappy and dowdy graphics (comparing the one in BS1 with BS2)

- less intelligent AI (although the current one is not quite smart yet, I´ve to admit)

- possibly no gateway to implement further modules like the upcoming Combined Arms and what not.

and I am sure that there´s much more.

I "waste" a lot of money each year for nonsens...so I personally dont mind to be ask for some more money by ED, (as actually stated years ago) for their products when I will get a great performant and incredible product back in return.

The products which ED has already been released were a dream of mine of what I always wanted to have in Aircraft Simulation games, only a few years ago. I am so happy that ED made them become true, so I have noe problems to pay for somethings I always wanted to have and will further support them by purchasing upcoming products.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Can anyone give me an English translation of the above please , ta

lol...read again now

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Ok , so your point is you waste loads of money each year on nonsens

so you dont mind paying twice for a game that you really really really want

No-one is forcing you to purchase anything. In any event, all this has been said before on numerous occasions - time to move right along.

Let's get back to the topic of the thread now shall we.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Two videos flying the Mil Mi-24 Mk.III

One of my first flights over South Asia terrain:

Hind over Chernarus:

I'm really looking forward to the official Take On Arma Patch. It's going to be great!

All in all I'm happy with the DLC even though there are some things I don't like like the HUD and the magic radar. Hopefully these things will get fixed in future patches. According to Dwarden they're working on the HUD but no promises about the RWR.

What I really like is the FM of the Hind. I think BIS has done a great job on this one. It handles like I would expect a helicopter like this to handle. I'm no expert of course but BIS worked with Pilots from the Czech army to get it right. It's a bit pricy but don't forget that we're getting the Take On Arma patch for free so I think it's well worth supporting BIS.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

It's a bit pricy....

At $70 it's definitely a very hard sell.......I'll wait for more peer-reviews to trickle in first.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

70$ for TOH:H bundle right? Wow! I always forget how much the € is worth these days... TOH costs 39.99€ here in germany which is the normal price for a full priced PC game and the bundle is 49.99€ (skyrim price). Then again, I preordered TOH and Hinds so I paid ~10€ less overall.

When you consider what you will get for that money it's actually not bad:

Two large maps, 3 different civilian helicopters, a campaign, some challenges and time trials, 3 Hind variants + 4 challenges + Time Trials and in a future patch the complete Arma 2 content for free. The arma 2 maps will get improvements on lighting etc. I can't wait to see the updated sky.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2