Sublte changes in 1.1.0.9

Migo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious if the sim has an option to request emergency landing.

The Simulation of the use of the Radio is very basic in DCS. I hope that those things will be improoved by later patches.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Your eyes and brain are not a digital instruments and can detect an infinite amount of FPS, depending on many factors.
Yea. I hate people claiming that rumor "you can't see more than 40fps". I am only comfotable with 60 fps. I mean 40 fps all the time is okay but still 60 fps feels way smoother to me.

Western Gorgia, the A10c seems darker
I have 2 comparsion shots between 1.1.0.8 and 1.1.0.9. The 1.1.0.8 shot is darker, made that shots in the AGM training mission. Always use that one to compare fps and so on...

CBU-97 has changed. Might be due to change of bomblet target aquisition.

Noticed in a mission where I normally take out 10-15 vehicles in a single pass with 6x CBU-97 (HOF 3000, 600ft). Now it's 0-5 (tested 3 times).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

Would someone be able to post a couple screen shots of this new FLIR and perhaps the "tuned" cockpit reflections? I'm curious to see them but won't be able to for a little bit...

Live every week like it's Shark Week. :D

Someone else than me having missing radio messages ? I got the subtitles but no actual voice. Like Wingman->Engage with->Infantry->Guns->Default. Can someone try that message and tell me if he hears a voice ?

Edit: It seems that everytime I tell my wingman to engage with gun there is no voice heard, only subtitles. Anyone able to confirm this ?

Greetz, Migo

Edited by Migo

There used to be a rumour back in around '99 that the top quake 3 players could accurately tell the difference between 55 and 60fps! Not sure if it was true though...

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

There is a problem using icontrol dcs, after patching game to 1.09, my cdu exported to second monitor isnt visible on ipad icontrol dcs app...I get only black cdu on ipad.

Same here,, because the CDU isn't being exported to where it should be.

If you look closely, the CDU is being exported, in my case to the top left corner of the main screen. This is after using the monitor config tool provided with IControl DCS, to verify the patch didn't change the positioning. I haven't had time to investigate further, but will soon.

I think I also noticed a lot more traffic going on at civ traffic "high" setting.

TAD generated SPI always coincides with TAD active hook now.
I don't really understand this. First I thought the active hook becomes the new SPI now automatically but that doesn't work. What does this mean ? Once you create a SPI with the TAD it will be hooked then ?

There used to be a rumour back in around '99 that the top quake 3 players could accurately tell the difference between 55 and 60fps! Not sure if it was true though...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=77434

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WIN 10, i7-2600K at 3.4ghz, 2x OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD RAID 0, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Gainward GeForce GTX 590, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Track IR 5 PRO. DCS 1.5.3.52724.74 - DCS 2.0.2.52369

Yea. I hate people claiming that rumor "you can't see more than 40fps". I am only comfotable with 60 fps. I mean 40 fps all the time is okay but still 60 fps feels way smoother to me.

I'm not saying the human eye can't detect higher and higher amounts of frames, i'm saying if you don't know the framerate of what you're looking at, no fps counter, and all you see is smooth motion, how do you tell if its 40 fps, 60, or 100 fps? Do you actually get a sense of it being more and more smooth or is it just one flat "smooth" motion across the board? Thats my point.

And sorry for derailing the topic.

Edited by NPOSuperhornet

Do you actually get a sense of it being more and more smooth
For me it is like that yes. It's hard to explain, almost a feeling. But the view is smoother, less cut up. When the fps change from 60 to 40 it's more "cut up", less smooth yes. Also my controls aren't that responsive anymore. It's not like stuttering but it feels like missing pictures, hard to explain. It's just the same effect you get when your fps change from 40 to 20 but not as harsh. Maybe some of ya older folks don't recognize it anyway :D
Edited by Migo

Joystick movement response lags. It's smoothed and slowed down compared to 1.1.0.8, feels like flying by keyboard. Also, in the options there is noticeable stutter in the axis tuning window. So far I'm struggling with this issues and can't fly.

MSI GTX 770 2GB -> 1920x1200, MSI H97M, Xeon 1231v3, 16GB

One subtle thiung I noticed is that in order to to call the ground crew you need to set the Intercom panel properly, i.e., set the rotary switch to Int, press Int and HM buttons. Before I didn't have to do anything to talk to ground crew, now it seems to be necessary. I don't know if anyone else noticed the same.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

During shutdown I used the speedbrakes to bleed off the pressure from the right hydraulic system. After that I used the speedbrake emergency retract switch to close the SBs without pressure. I can't do that anymore. I wondered how the SBs were closed without pressure, seems that it was a bug and has been fixed now.

slave all sensors also hooks now.

I'm curious - would you mind explaining what you mean by this please Hassata?

Windows 10 | i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 8GB RAM | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | Seasonic X-Series 650W PSU | Oculus Rift DK2 | CH Fighterstick, Throttle & Pedals

Had a few minutes flight time after finishing setting up, I noticed that creating a mark point and making it the SPI, then slaving all sensors to it also resulted in the point being hooked on the TAD. Don't remember that happening before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed that creating a mark point and making it the SPI, then slaving all sensors to it also resulted in the point being hooked on the TAD. Don't remember that happening before.

Interesting! Thanks. I'll check that out tonight

Windows 10 | i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 8GB RAM | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | Seasonic X-Series 650W PSU | Oculus Rift DK2 | CH Fighterstick, Throttle & Pedals

Well. Installed full version latest version. Press the button under canopy open close toggle and manual release ladder. That was cool. Could not find a manual way to raise it. But when I taxied and did a take off it was up. Cool little feature.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^They added a radio command under ground crew to retract the ladder.

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive