FC-still the most popular Sim?

TOMCATZ

I just can't go back into the A-10A. I end up spending half the time wondering why certain switches are toggled a specific way on the texture and trying to move my mouse to switch em back. Every other aircraft is fine though and still quite enjoyable. I think whenever DCS: CA-18 comes out, FC2 will still have some appeal. I'll remain that perfect stepping stone for DCS and will still provide the faster paced gameplay it is known for.

We need a DCS A-10A.:D

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

We need a DCS A-10A.:D

If they make DCS:A10A instead of DCS:FIGHTER JET. I will hold you personally responsible! :D

I have been flying IL2COD a bit more. I know I have said this before but, the updates made in FC2 were great, Ka-50 and A-10C are monumental sims. I am, however, a little bored of the same fighter jets since Lock On's 2003 release. Being primarily a fighter jet fan, I am a little disenchanted right now. Not to diminish all the great effort from ED, but I am waiting for a DCS fighter, and it is long, long, long wait for me.

Just a note. Other polls also suggest that FC2 is still by far the front runner in Combat Sims., even against the DCS series. It seems, although it is old, it is still holding its popularity. Maybe FC3 would not be a bad decision.:smilewink:

It looks like the polls on SimHQ suggest otherwise.

I also doubt that either poll will have an effect on what ED is going to do in the future.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It looks like the polls on SimHQ suggest otherwise.

I also doubt that either poll will have an effect on what ED is going to do in the future.

don't know what polls you look at but Fc2 is way ahead of any DCS series. I mean sites that ask specific questions in the poll not a generalization such as SimHQ.;)

let's not forget either that this is an ED forum,so certain remarks are bound to appear. We are still comparing ED products, just that FC2 is still holding popularity with the community as a whole. You want to deny us FC3 but the community keeps asking. Hmmm. ED/DCS will do what they do regardless of any community. History speaking. We just try to enjoy the ride.

Edited by rattler

don't know what polls you look at but Fc2 is way ahead of any DCS series. I mean sites that ask specific questions in the poll not a generalization such as SimHQ.;)

I not only read the right polls, I have the right information, and I also have some training in statistics - which you obviously don't.

let's not forget either that this is an ED forum,so certain remarks are bound to appear. We are still comparing ED products, just that FC2 is still holding popularity with the community as a whole. You want to deny us FC3 but the community keeps asking. Hmmm. ED/DCS will do what they do regardless of any community. History speaking. We just try to enjoy the ride.

By the community you mean, er, you? I know there's others, but I don't think you represent them. ED knows and understands the community quite a bit better than you do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

fc2 is great if you just want to jump in and have some fun for an hour, just jump online have a few dog fights and bvr then off to bed where dcs is something you are staying up 4days straight playing haha:helpsmilie:

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

I not only read the right polls, I have the right information, and I also have some training in statistics - which you obviously don't.

By the community you mean, er, you? I know there's others, but I don't think you represent them. ED knows and understands the community quite a bit better than you do.

You don't know me and what I did for over 30 years. You always say the same thing when ever someone has a point of view different from yours or should I say ED/DCS and yours.

You don't engage in conversation you attack. It is the community(those hundreds of others you refer to) here that is asking for FC3 not just me, or do you only read what you want to.

ED does not understand the community here or we would see change, so stop all this foolishness about ED/DCS. It is well documented here in the forum on ED/DCS's way of making decisions.

I really don't understand why you sir can not engage in meaningful conversations without attacking people, not just me. I guess you are who you are.

You know very well that when I say community that I am not speak for them, it is a reference to what the forum members have said and you know that but yet you turn it into an attack. Guess you know no other way to respond. Too bad. I do wish you a good day and this is my last statement on this thread subject.

• Like 3

You don't know me and what I did for over 30 years.

Nor do I need to know you ...

ED does not understand the community here or we would see change, so stop all this foolishness about ED/DCS. It is well documented here in the forum on ED/DCS's way of making decisions.

... to know that you don't know what you're talking about. Are we reading the same forums?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

......ED does not understand the community here or we would see change, so stop all this foolishness about ED/DCS. It is well documented here in the forum on ED/DCS's way of making decisions......

What change?

With all due respect, BS (kind that stinks rather than hovers ;) )

I have yet to encounter a circumstance where Community input has not been duly considered and appropriate changes introduced, where applicable, and if not, said refusal duly explained. But why am I attempting to justify my point-of-view when it is you that elected to post such a statement..........Care to enlighten with some type of corroboration?

Oh yeah - why on God's Green Earth are we all comparing a product that's eight years old with products that are less than a quarter of that.........I would have thought that time is required for the build-up of a consumer-base regarding a specific product?

In any event, having now stumbled on this here thread I'm obliged to keep it constructive - I trust you all will do the same.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What change?

With all due respect, BS (kind that stinks rather than hovers ;) )

I have yet to encounter a circumstance where Community input has not been duly considered and appropriate changes introduced, where applicable, and if not, said refusal duly explained. But why am I attempting to justify my point-of-view when it is you that elected to post such a statement..........Care to enlighten with some type of corroboration?

Oh yeah - why on God's Green Earth are we all comparing a product that's eight years old with products that are less than a quarter of that.........I would have thought that time is required for the build-up of a consumer-base regarding a specific product?

In any event, having now stumbled on this here thread I'm obliged to keep it constructive - I trust you all will do the same.

Note who started this.

Almost all moderators here always seem to go on the attack when certain statements are made when they know very well they are true and have been posted here by forum members. That is anyone who has been around awhile, has seen them so don't pretend that statements have not been made. I am not going to start picking out threads or statements. You know what I am saying so lets just let it drop.

I will not repeat myself, but read my first statement. Nothing flaming here just comparing ED products not other sims. We here all know that there are threads asking for FC3 or another patch for FC2 and reasons are given. We also know ED/DCS stand on this. I don't think I am wrong in saying that the community and I don't speak for them but the threads are here to be found, are asking for FC2 patch or perhaps FC3, while we wait for fast movers in the DCS series. we are asking for a link between ka50,a10 and Fc2 especially for multiplayer. If threads have not been posted reference this, I will stand corrected and apologies for my in-accuracies.

We always hear that FC2 is eight years old. I ask do we see any better game in town for what FC2 offers the consumer. The DCS series is awesome but it still lacks some of the very fine features that FC2 has offer to this day even at 8 years old as you say. I see that in some places that FC2 still sells for $29.95. Not bad for and 8 year old sim. the KA-50 is around $26.00 and the latest, The A-10 for around 39.95. This would indicate to me that FC2 still has things to offer that the public likes and still spends money to purchase this title.

This should be proof that ED/DCS products both old and new are still favored as the best bang for your dollars, euro, etc. Surly no one will disagree with that, especially me. Cheers.

• Like 1

I think some people's post in here are pretty good.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Note who started this......

Irrelevant.

If a member feels slighted due to a Forum post/thread, utilize the 'report post' function.

Almost all moderators here always seem to go on the attack when certain statements are made when they know very well they are true and have been posted here by forum members. That is anyone who has been around awhile, has seen them so don't pretend that statements have not been made. I am not going to start picking out threads or statements. You know what I am saying so lets just let it drop.....

Again - BS.

You want to know the reason?

Lack of specifics. You cannot generalise and think that you are going to get away with it - that is not going to happen. We have the forum - utilise it in a constructive and mature manner to address issues that anyone deems important. Properly substantiated and corroborated, you can be certain that issues will be addressed.

Moderators never 'go on the attack' for no reason - our actions are as a consequence of our role always reactive as opposed to proactive. That said, if one is not prepared to adequately backup your assertions, especially where said assertions are provocative and/or argumentative at the outset, then sage advise would be to rather keep silent and speak up when you are indeed in possession of statements to back up your point-of-view.

That said, let's kindly return to topic shall we?

Ta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Note who started this.

You did.

Almost all moderators here always seem to go on the attack when certain
... people attack ED or the moderators and then claim to be innocent. Or perhaps you didn't realize that what you were posting was inflammatory, though I have to wonder because you certainly displayed an 'I know something you don't' attitude. Guess what? Other way around. You're the one who in fact does not know. Seriously, did you actually expect not to be set straight where you pretty much started accusing ED of not knowing what they're doing?

We also know ED/DCS stand on this.
No, you don't. You very obviously don't.

We always hear that FC2 is eight years old.
No, we don't, because it isn't. While there are certainly old parts in FC2, it's actually about 2 years old. IIRC, anyway.

The A-10 for around 39.95. This would indicate to me that FC2 still has things to offer that the public likes and still spends money to purchase this title.
Right, but what's this got to do with the ill-conceived popularity contest poll and you using to pretend like you know something that you obviously don't?

No one minds that you'd like to see FC3. Check the attitude and the propensity for telling ED their business, not to mention lies about ED not listening to the community. They know far better than you ever will.

Edit: Sniped by the Viperman ... what's next, he'll shoot down my F-15 with a Vikhr before I reach [my post count] Ka-50 kills? :P

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Viper101:

What part of the above was exactly unclear? PM me and I'll explain..........

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FC is the most popular game, and this is why Flaming Cliffs 3 is currently being made.

:>

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

@rattler:

What part of the above was exactly unclear? PM me and I'll explain..........

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never mind, Nothing is or was unclear. Lets just get on with talking about FC2/FC3 popularity or not as the thread implies. Cheers.

Now to topic. Yes I do agree that FC2 patch and possibly an FC3 would be a very welcome and positive step. Just look at the Virtual Aerobatic Teams and how far they have come, with advertising and support from the actual aerobatic teams themselves. To me this alone although FC2 is 2-8 years old it does a very good job creating the ability for these teams to even exist. For New flyers it will be required to have a copy of Fc2 or it's replacement if any in order to carry on. For those who may not know, this area of FC2 flying has grown in leaps and bounds over the last couple of years and shows no sign of giving up. To me this is another reason to keep this sim. in the package ED/TFC is producing today.IMHO. Would the DCS fast mover module be able to fill that bill as well or prove to be cumbersome due to it's complexity. It will be a while from what I read before we see a fast mover for DCS and understand why. Members also talk about joining the ka50,A10 and FC2 or whatever may take its place to be compatible, to me this would still generate revenue for FC and DCS packages. I can see how this could possible be a nice move. What say you all. I also know that some consider FC2 to old but then again is it really. I think not but I am one side of the coin. These areas are of interest to me and hopefully others as well, lets continue the discussion. Cheers.:thumbup:

Side Note:

Question to those who fly the DCS series: Do you find these types of sims a little over the top? Could it be toned down a tad and still be a good high level sim.. Just wondering. I like study sims and will be investing in the DCS series when the fast movers come along but was wondering if you feel a bit too over the top, especially in Combat. My only reference to such a sim. was F4AF which I found enjoyable but then I began to skip over some of it's features such as the ramp start. I was more into the front panel Combat area and was wondering for those who fly the A10 if this is what you are also finding. Would appreciate some feedback on this. Perhaps in a fresh thread as this is not regarding FC2. :thumbup:

Do you find these types of sims a little over the top?

Not in the slightest bit. In fact, there's more to be done/added.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]