FC-still the most popular Sim?

TOMCATZ

This individual needs to have a better HOTAS setup, needs to be set up for his attack before the run-in, and needs to KNOW what the HOTAS does.

This comes with

1) Planning, preparation and dedication to doing things right

2) Proper HOTAS setup!

3) Practice

The 7P's. Proper Planning and Preparation Prevent Piss Poor Performance.

And rattler, if you toned down DCS it would lose the awesomeness. Stuff like the startup is actually much more satisfying when you do it yourself. I love detail. (It's the OCD talking :D:D)

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

The 7P's. Proper Planning and Preparation Prevent Piss Poor Performance.

And rattler, if you toned down DCS it would lose the awesomeness. Stuff like the startup is actually much more satisfying when you do it yourself. I love detail. (It's the OCD talking :D:D)

Again, you just make DCS as detailed as possible, then add options to make things easier. Look at the startup in DCS. You can manually do it, or just press the cheat key to startup. There is no need to tone anything down.

It saddens me that the auto startup is still categorized in the "cheat" sub-section of controls.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Again, you just make DCS as detailed as possible, then add options to make things easier. Look at the startup in DCS. You can manually do it, or just press the cheat key to startup. There is no need to tone anything down.

Options would be nice. Not a dumb down version, just options to do as you wish.:)

Options would be nice. Not a dumb down version, just options to do as you wish.:)

Already catered for.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Rattler, seriously, just get A-10C and test it out. You have spent a LOT of time trying to give suggestions that are already implemented in the product. Convert that time you have spent to work hours, and you'd have covered the expense of purchasing DCS A-10C several times over. ;)

Essentially, you can scale DCS products all the way from "military grade" to almost "HAWX" through the configurations screen. Please, test it out and then consider giving suggestions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

here here, agree. Poor Category! F4af you just select how you want to start. What's wrong with that.

You can do that with DCS A-10C as well by who ever makes the mission simply ramp start or runway or in the air.:thumbup:

Rattler you need to get DCS A-10C.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

You can do that with DCS A-10C as well by who ever makes the mission simply ramp start or runway or in the air.:thumbup:

Rattler you need to get DCS A-10C.:pilotfly:

Yes , possibly so but I like fast movers and am waiting. Would like to see at least one more patch for A-10C though before I consider it. You say that A10C has to be programmed by who makes the mission in order to do a ramp start or not. Is this true of the training missions? Some times it gets a little confusing as one says you can do away with some of the little things and someone else says it has to be programmed into the mission.

I guess the best thing to do is perhaps get to talk to a friend who has it and I think I know who I can ask.

I really don't want to dumb down the A10c or any other DCS module, just be able to select an option in a menu and then start flying. I can fly the way I want and those who want more can also do this.

Some say it is already there but then comes conflicting reports.

I will ask my buddy to read his manual. I thought from what he said it was more difficult to turn things down than just an options button click. don't want to fly in compete dumb mode.

I don't know much about DCS-A10 but I will before I buy, same with fast mover, I will know what I am getting before hand. I know you have to patch but I hate too many.

I do like the ED products because at the moment they are the best out there but that does not mean I don't have some issues with the way some things are done, hell that's human nature. What I dislike someone else loves. Not to say there is some common ground, although we may never get it as this is always up to ED. But we can ask can't we.

Anyway enough. I will read up on the A-10C.;)

All the instructional youtube videos weren't enough?

I don't know much about DCS-A10 but I will before I buy, same with fast mover, I will know what I am getting before hand.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
Yes , possibly so but I like fast movers and am waiting. Would like to see at least one more patch for A-10C though before I consider it. You say that A10C has to be programmed by who makes the mission in order to do a ramp start or not. Is this true of the training missions? Some times it gets a little confusing as one says you can do away with some of the little things and someone else says it has to be programmed into the mission.

/QUOTE]

If you have a mission with a ramp start - just press LWin Home and the software will start up the A10C for you.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Rattler, regarding the "programmed in mission":

The mission designer will specify if you start on ramp "cold" or if you start on the runway ready for takeoff - or even in the air. However, as Jim says and as has been mentioned previously in this thread, there is an auto-start command. LWin-Home will perform the startup automatically for you.

You don't have issues "with the way some things are done", you just don't know how they are actually done. ;) The whole ramp start question wouldn't exist if you had considered this response to you:

But for the ramp start there's already the auto-start "cheats" where the sim does it all for you. ;)

The "issues" you describe don't exist. That's what we have been trying to explain. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The "issues" you describe don't exist. That's what we have been trying to explain. ;)

Rattler, it's really no issue there, I can confirm:

1. The start-up in the A-10C is not that complicated as in Ka-50 (maybe subjective). I don't have so much time to fly right now, but I can tell you I still do the cold start when I do. Where as for Ka-50 I gave it up after a couple of times.

2. As said, you have the L-win -home for that so once again..

3. You can change whatever you want for a start from the editor. You can even take the stock campaigns and change the way you start.

So yes it's not like in Falcon..doesn't matter, it's not a necessity, a patch is really not needed for that. Try it yourself..

Also the fact that L-win-home is listed as cheat..even if it was listed under "pussy commands" it wouldn't disturb me, why you care?

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Rattler has already said he prefers fast movers more than once.

That, to me, is his real issue with the A-10C. That type of aircraft is not high in his interests. If it were a study sim on a fast mover, expecially one that captures his interest, then he would probably be in the cockpit with the manual open beside him rather than coming to the forums and complaining about something he doesn't even own.

As it stands, his disappointment in the second DCS installment being an AG aircraft leaves him with the time to troll threads and voice his disgruntlement for DCS A-10C. This includes complaining about things he has no experience with since he does not own the sim to begin with.

Everyone who has debated his points have all posted very truthful and valid points, but he still continues to push the debate.

In short, stop arguing with him and you'll stop feeding the troll :)

I still play FC2 a lot; but I must say that while for me Ka-50 (which I enjoy to fly) is a totally different game, DCS A-10C is indeed to me also a sequel to FC2.

Has to do with the fact that I already turned to mud moving in FC2: I find working in three dimensions in A2A is psychologically to much for my system: I get disoriented very fast and end up as simple bait. In A2G, I can really fly the plane as it should be flown and keep SA.

The mission editor improvements really did it for me, and of course the A-10 is such a joy to fly!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]