1.1.1.0 changelog

Rocky49

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that there are some updated models/textures (E-3A Sentry and Ticonderoga, TV and control tower).

Is there any chance that this patch will also include some other updated textures which are already available as stand-alone mods? For example high res terrain by mustang, Hi-res Mig-31 skin by Acemann, Hi res Russian markings by 159th_Sandman etc.

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

Could we have an actual undercarriage attched to the B1 please?

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Does BS Compatibility include FC2 compatibility?

No.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Is there any information about what features that is currently standard in DCS that DCSBS will have to be revamped to suit? I'm talking about things like graphics issues, working radios in the BS, etc., that will be sort of like a bonus to the DCSBS seeing as how this is really a "compatibility" patch in its own right.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

No, there is not. Wait for the announcement for that. This is a DCSW changelog.

Looking forward to it! Pardon me for all the questions, there are many eager players in these threads, me being one of them. Take it as a compliment, though. ;)

I remember Nate answering a question about whether there would be updated graphics for the DCSBS when the two got compatible, and what would be included and not. Like someone asked if the cockpit shadows were being updated, they were not, obviously, but other things like updates textures, etc., will sure be a nice bonus for BS owners.

Edited by LostOblivion

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

At the risk of belabouring the point and apologies in advance for doing so, but is that not what I said in the first instance?

Mag Hdg = True Hdg - Mag Var Druid

True Hdg = Mag Hdg + Mag Var Viper

We have a constant: It's a given that In Real Life Batumi RW True Heading is 130.89º and 310.91º respectively.

Now rounded off and at a factor of 5 degrees for Mag Var, in accordance with the formulae we have the following:

True Hdg (131) = Mag Hdg (?) + Mag Var (5)

131 = 126 + 5

alternatively with your formulae, Druid:

Mag Hdg = True Hdg - Mag Var

126 = 131 - 5

In both instances, Mag Hdg = 126. Accordingly the SIM placement is correct IF WE ASSUME that the ME is aligned according the the Mag Hdg. If so, the HSI should also indicate a Mag Hdg of 126. At present it indicates a Mag Hdg of 119.

Alternatively, if the ME at present should be aligned to True Hdg then the error margin is substantially less. We would then have Mag Hdg (121) = True Hdg (126) - Mag Var (5), giving the HSI an error of 2 degrees (119 as opposed to 121).

Hence the importance of first ascertaining whether the ME RW heading numbers are indicative of True Heading or Magnetic Heading.

Maybe I'm chiming in a little late, but I do believe that all these heading errors beyond the error created by the simulated magnetic north deviation are simply the result of trying to project a spherical world (the real earth) onto a flat plane (DCS). In DCS, for example, if you fly further and further off the east side of the map, you'll have to turn more and more towards the "north" to keep your latitude constant. In my experimental long range flight, somewhere WAY WAY far off the map, somewhere east of where the Caspian sea would be in real life, I was having to fly at a heading of 070 just to keep my latitude constant.

DCS uses cartesian coordinates (x, y, z) to describe object locations. It seems that our compass norths are probably fixed to direction of the x-axis (it wouldn't take much experimenting to determine this for sure), while our maps and latitude and longitude lines have been curved to try to match the real world. It's a good bet that this is where the extra misalignment comes from.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by miguelaco viewpost.gif

How about refueling comms issues in MP?

I posted a track showing wrong tanker response in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...5&postcount=28

Also, tanker calls "disconnect" when a client is done instead of "transfer complete" and fuel tops around 8000 lbs, which I think is a bug. Tanker is still a bit rough when entering/exiting turns, which makes very difficult to stay connected during transitions.

Any word on these particular issues for 1.1.1.0?

So we wait another patch or wait another changelog 1.1.1.0?

Thank's .A thank's for this great fix job.

:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this gonna be excellent...

as allways :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so wait, resolution of the tgp will be improved?

Huh, I'm actually disappointed they haven't made it so the max resolution of the pod screen is 512 - or make it fuzzier like it should be.

Using the pod with screens set to 1024 is plain cheating. 512 is a bit more realistic, though sometimes still too sharp (it's honestly hard to tell if it's because of that or just because the FLIR modeling is weaksauce). 256 though is way too fuzzy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Resolution hasn't changed, just tweaks to FLIR contrast etc for the TGP and MAV D/G. Subtle, but noticeable, and very nice to use.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I'm excited about this:

• Brightness/contrast effect for sensors (TGP and Maverick) has been made much more realistic looking.

I'm all for improving the BHOT/WHOT of the TGP.

Any chance of a sneak preview?

Edited by Wichid

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals