DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, not really... its more up to, and beneficial, for the developers to get it right before delivery. There's been too much "hurry up and get it out the door (fix it in in the next installment')" from other developers of other genres.

i fixed it for you :thumbup:

If they are 4 months away from beta testing

:huh: He said they plan on having EDGE integrated by mid December, so that is when closed beta testing will commence.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

So it was said aloud now, no Nevada this year. I wonder why I wasn't even surprised.

Before everybody charges at me with stakes and torches, I want to say I really appreciate what ED and 3rd party guys are doing, I fully support their work and I am happy about the smallest update or progress. But I have to say, the whole DCS seems like a factory for broken promises at times. And again, before first stone comes flying at me, I took a bit of artistic license for the word "promise".

Sadly, DCS modules are like state railways - they never arrive on schedule. UH-1, MiG-21, EDGE... I don't doubt this all will become true one day and it will be great (or, in case of UH-1, it already is), but when somebody tells you that "module X will hopefully be out before Y", you can pretty much bet it won't, which is shame IMO.

Ah, I guess I must be positive. At least this is a great opportunity to train my patience.

And in the meantime, I can listen to some music. Like "The day that never comes" from Metallica. Err, on the other hand, rather some other song... :P

Programming is hard, and things happen. Wait you must. Better late and finished than early and buggy.;)

Edited by hypersonik

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Programming is hard, and things happen. Wait you must. Better late and less buggy than early and more buggy.;)

There, all fixed. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My mind is in Star Citizen...Ed must be learn from this people...

If they did, the F-18C would be $1,000 and you would have to pay for it by the end of this year. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Pfffff.... I'm bored...very bored. Im lost my faith in this project. ....im sorry....how many years you need? . My mind is in Star Citizen...Ed must be learn from this people...bye

Really, really horrible example. So they have a fancy hangar module. Woooooow. Yeah ed really have a lot to learn from CR and his ilk. If & When he releases a a proper game Chris Roberts might be held up as an example, until then he is nothing better than a snake oil salesman...:music_whistling:

There's been too much "hurry up and get it out the door (fix it in post')" from other developers of other genres.

this exactly. I have played too many games recently that were nothing more than Beta-state games that cost money. I'm not paying money to test anyone's unfinished work. If it has glaring issues, fix them, then ask for my money.

ED,

I have to ask If we are going to get an update to fix the refueling, comms and ILS between now and the release of edge in Q!. Some one indicated that refueling was fixed internally but I think this was just a member not actually official.

By the way nice work on the video looking forward to the release, and thanks for keeping us informed as to the progress.

thanks

Falcon 76th

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

:huh: He said they plan on having EDGE integrated by mid December, so that is when closed beta testing will commence.

Yes, I said 4 months to the public beta because I don't expect the ED beta testers to finish testing 14 days after they receive the internal testing. Actually 4 months is a bit optimistic if you take previous beta releases in to account.

Discussing time frame is pointless.

The only truth is EDGE would get out when it´s done

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

thou est must quote your support reguardless;

Come on man!........ Try adopting a new Cliche...I feel this one fits!

"I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still.

Ashton Kutcher"

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/cliche.html#TqGeUpSy5Tz6oSvG.99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]