Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the file out of quarantine. There is a form for the developer to use to get rid of the rep warning with Norton. They should use it as thier reputation does not seem too good.

The file will not load, it says BS is not installed. I guess I will have to waste some valuable time trying to get a program I just paid for to work properly.

Will there be an option for native betty and russian voices in radio comms later on in the english version? Or a mod will handle that? Sorry for noob question I don't know how this was handled in previous releases.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will there be an option for native betty and russian voices in radio comms later on in the english version? Or a mod will handle that? Sorry for noob question I don't know how this was handled in previous releases.

EDIT:- Not a bug - it is by design I'm told.

Congrats you've found the first bug :)

Actually it's known already.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

When will you see an update for Battlefield 2?

Poor comparison... EA and dice have released a significant amount of upgrade/update material for the BF franchise. Not to mention final patches that have removed security features and made previous payware add ons free.

But.....

The purchasing audience of the BF franchise far outnumbers that of DCS I would imagine so they (ED) do not have the luxury of huge sales receipts to fall back on.

The benefits of the addon may seem marginal, but then it's cost is also quite marginal in the big scheme of things as well.

The file will not load, it says BS is not installed. I guess I will have to waste some valuable time trying to get a program I just paid for to work properly.

Must have unpatched bs installed, then the upgrade (which creates a completely new install), then you can patch 1.0 if you like or just play 2.0.

I have done the exact same thing. Installed DCS Blackshark to C: in Windows 7 Professional 64 bit all default settings. I then ran it without it being patched. Then went back out and tried to run the Blackshark 2 patch and it keeps telling me DCS Blackshark has to be installed.

The same happened to me, I started up v.1.0 (unpatched), and when the main menu started up I thought that was enough. But no, I also needed to launch a mission so the game activation kicked in.

Did you activate the game before trying the new patch?

Congrats you've found the first bug :)Nate
Actually the first bug with this patch is that it won't install when the directory path includes non-ASCII characters ... This was also the case with the other patches. Therefore this is bug 第一. The issue is solved by moving the patch to a folder path which includes only ASCII(-mappable) characters.

---------------------------

Error

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

OK

Actually the first bug with this patch is that it won't install when the directory path includes non-ASCII characters ... This was also the case with the other patches. Therefore this is bug 第一. The issue is solved by moving the patch to a folder path which includes only ASCII(-mappable) characters.

Error

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

OK

Good to know I'll pass it on, thanks.

Nate

This is shame. 20$ for update? I will think about PLAYING DCS series more. This is realy shame ED. All the best, but Ka50 and FC2 are the last thing I bought from you.

BTW,nice work on patch. Good luck on seeling it.

Edited by =4c=sNIp

The shame is that you didn't read what this upgrade includes - if you had, you'd have realized that it isn't just a patch, and that $20 isn't that much for it either.

This is shame. 20$ for update? I will think about PLAYING DCS series more. This is realy shame ED. All the best, but Ka50 and FC2 are the last thing I bought from you.

BTW,nice work on patch. Good luck on seeling it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Sweet! Purchased!

$20 is fine and reasonable I think. Great job getting this done and I will be there to support future upgrades and modules!

Thanks, ED and the team of testers, really looking forward to giving this a shot tonight!!!

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

20$ it's probably worth, but I bet it will be 20Euro on Steam, because Steam don't see the difference....

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

We will not have that $-€ Steam discussion yet again, not in this thread. ;) Now get back to your oil money. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I have been checking the fourm evey day because I some how had a "feeling" this would be coming out soon.

I Didn't really bat an eyelid at $20, its well worth it.

It is downloading so fast on my work places 100 Mb Broadband line, I'm up to 3GB in only 10 mins! The trouble is im moving house this weekend so will not be able to play it. NNNOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Hmm, my damn Virgin media line was downloading at 1.1MB and now at 76% it's limited to 285 KB and I have another hour and 20 mins! :(

..:)

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

It's not just a "patch". It's an upgrade.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember DCS:BS being presented from the beginning as a modular system, where each new module will be compatible with those previous. Do you find it correct, when customers now have to pay once more to get what was promised to them?