Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

I am surprised there is still debate over price after 57 pages.

ED, may I ask when the project to start BS2 began? That may shed some light on the subject for those that are unhappy with the price point. Updates like this don't happen over night, and I am willing to bet it was a long process. Perhaps the sudden, stealthy release is causing the misconception that this was a simple undertaking.

To those who are complaining: Patch, update, expansion, call it what you will but ED had to dedicate work-hours and personnel to get the product to market. If YOU were part of the team who has been working on this update since who knows how long, how would you feel if you didn't get paid?

Edit: Another option for those who are unhappy, BS1 is still the same great product it always was. Just because BS2 was released does not subtract anything from BS1.

Edited by zipdigital
  • Like 1

"Sol" - 9th Shrek Air Strike Squadron

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The work on the new campaign alone probably took ... I don't know.... 50 hours? And it's new stuff. 50 hours work and we pay $20 bucks! It's a steal. Because honestly, I don't have time to create a huge campaign.

I personally cannot wait to fly in a new campaign with improved AI! I was already getting shot down pretty regularly, now it's going to be even more of a challenge...cannot wait.

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

This reminds me of all the people that were upset with the iPhone 4S and not a redesigned iPhone 5....guess what...the iPhone 4S was once again a record breaking launch for Apple....

People complain but then end up doing what they complained about anyways...

ED is a business...if we want them to continue to provide the products we love they need money...

Care to elaborate on this?

Might have gotten confused as to versions etc etc so take this here post as a notice of retraction of the previous post quoted. Humble apologies for any inconvenience caused, although in the greater scheme of things it's not really important as it does little other than perpetuate argument - we do not want that.

Duly edited.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

After I execute the setup file (win7 as Admin) only thing I got is:

DCS Black Shark must be installed

What is this and how to fix this:

- I´ve got Win7 installed, so setup file is executed as Admin

- I have a fresh installed and activated Black Shark Version (just 3 hrs old)

so what is that problem...please help

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

After I execute the setup file (win7 as Admin) only thing I got is:

DCS Black Shark must be installed

What is this and how to fix this:

- I´ve got Win7 installed, so setup file is executed as Admin

- I have a fresh installed and activated Black Shark Version (just 3 hrs old)

so what is that problem...please help

See my sig to fix the glitch. EDIT:- Is that fresh install of BS1 v1.00?

Nate

Don't mind paying but I'm too young for a credit card, don't know if parents will trust DCS website, :( :( :cry:

It's a professional business, not some shady here-today-gone-tomorrow discount website. :thumbup: The payment processing is via Sage Pay and you can show your parents these links (features and press release) to show that it's a reputable business to buy from. Here's two more links (1, 2) about people with concerns about Sage Pay and if they are safe.

See my sig to fix the glitch. EDIT:- Is that fresh install of BS1 v1.00?

Nate

yes, just installed and not patched. Its 1.00 and activated

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I understand that ED needs money to keep going. I want a quality fighter jet sim one day. So I will buy this upgrade.

The problem is, DCS modules were supposed to be compatible with each other, that was always stated from the begining.

Some forum members wrote that is an individual option to buy it or not. This is not real. The only real option to continue interconected with other modules (as it was supposed to be) is to pay for the upgrades, otherwise you fall off the wagon of DCS and became a single player.

I do understand the people who are pissed off. Maybe if ED had told the community that the plans had changed, there would have been a lot less frustration.

Thanks for the quick response. I thought that sounded a bit strange.

Aye - ta for pointing it out. It's been a long 24 hours :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That´s my folderstructure on this issue.

On the left side theres my archive directory where I store the setup files. The right side is the path of BlackShark. It is already activated and I was ingame to test whether activation was succesfull...so it was.

is there may be an issue with the path?

bs2installissue.png

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

yes, just installed and not patched. Its 1.00 and activated

Have you flown a mission in v1.00 once?

EDIT:- Damn it I should read more carefully. Please wait for the updated installed in that case, it should arrive soon.

EDIT2:- The installer has problems with non-ASCII letters in the path, but I don't think that is the case here.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

Thank you for continuing to work at the Black Shark, the sales price seems fair for people who work in the "update", in addition to cheap for those already using the BS 1.

Users who ask for the installation, I can confirm that there is no need to uninstall the BS 1 and reinstall it, if you look carefully at the section to add or remove programs from windows, you will find the option to just remove the patch V 1.2.0 so there is only the BS V 1.0.

Any non ASCII symbols in the path anywhere?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

@Memphis, german version?

yes, BS1 is the german version...please dont say that this is the matter...which I wouldnt understand at all

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Some forum members wrote that is an individual option to buy it or not. This is not real. The only real option to continue interconected with other modules (as it was supposed to be) is to pay for the upgrades, otherwise you fall off the wagon of DCS and became a single player.

Not quite true. Multiplayer with the same module is still possible. A-10C is a different retail product than FC2 or BS1 and now even BS2. To retain network compatibility coordinated patching must happen to both products separately. Again, time and effort are required which equates to money in the business world. As you say, this will aid ED in creating that as of yet unannounced fixed-wing aircraft Wags spoke of in an interview. :)

I do understand the people who are pissed off. Maybe if ED had told the community that the plans had changed, there would have been a lot less frustration.

I agree here. While I don't think plans have changed per se, the product's complexities have, have made it tougher to keep on track. Perhaps more frequent use of the Dev journal could alleviate this ED. Perhaps take a note from CCP and Eve-Online, they have a regularly updated dev blog and while new features are often showcased, they also commonly outline hurdles and challenges and the approach being taken.

My 2 cents.

"Sol" - 9th Shrek Air Strike Squadron

EDIT2:- The installer has problems with non-ASCII letters in the path, but I don't think that is the case here.

A different error message is displayed in that case.

There must be another reason for his problem.

@MemphisBelle: did you install a patch 1.0.1/1.0.2 after installing DCS-BS 1.x? It should be 1.0.0 (no patches)

yes, BS1 is the german version...please dont say that this is the matter...which I wouldnt understand at all

Dependant on your download speed, is it not an option just to download the 2GB English BS1 install package and utilise that to jump-start the BS2 install. Will this even work?

Agree - not ideal but worth a shot if you're in a big hurry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doesn't the BS2 installer only check activation data (registry)? I don't think the actual application files are checked. BS2 uses its own files anyway.

Since the data for the activation is saved within the current user's registry area (instead of machine-wide level), the patch should be executed by the same user as the one who activated the license ...

I understand that this may have been asked before, but this is a very long, and fast growing thread. I know that BS2 has a new campaign. However, does it include the original BS campaigns at all? I'm figuring out the budget for this (and possibly another SSD to put it on) I dip in and out of flight sims a lot, and would love to do the GOW campaign in this new version (assuming I can afford it) after I complete the deployment campaign I'm already playing.