Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MemphisBelle, the devs are working on a solution, probably a new installer. Hopefuly it will be done soon.

looks good, this one would be quite much needed...for luck I´ve got to go to nightshift within an hour...otherwise I´d bite into my desk here....:badmood: :badmood: :badmood:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I also recall a post by a member stating that he installed the 1.0.1c patch and that sorted the issue out for him.........worth a try at least?

As a quick note: 1.0.1 worked fine with the Torrent for me. (Did an extra download to check that out.) Note though that this was applied to english 1.0.1. I'd have to do another two major DL's to try this on german 1.0.1, and my cellular isn't being too lovely with me right now.

My recommendation for people who have installer issues, please accept apologies for the issue and wait a day. The Installer is being worked on to solve this and will hopefully sort this very soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hi all!

:thumbup:What a brilliant surprise!!:thumbup:

Quick question: Is there any difference or installing problem with BS1 version 1.0.1 ?

And if the german version is already in work: Any idea of a release date for it?

Verto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My recommendation for people who have installer issues, please accept apologies for the issue and wait a day. The Installer is being worked on to solve this and will hopefully sort this very soon.

OK I will wait out the next week, I'm to bussy right now. And a big thanks to ED for the hard work! You guys rock! I will upgrade both my two BS licenses.

(HJ)

Guys,

My apologies, I did nto read through all 65 pages of this thread (passed out around 25-30). The videos looks nice, and the new features sound great. My question is: Will the existing add-ons through Modman work on BS2.0? For example, cockpit enhancements, aircraft repaints, etc?

Thanks!

You would have an A-10 simulator that looked like Black Shark 1.0x instead of being able to buy a Black Shark upgrade that exceeds the A-10 sim we have now.

I don't see why would we need to choose between the two. It has been done and that way some sims work these days too. The main world evolves and at the same time you can buy DLC modules for the sim. I know nothing compares to DCS in complexity and it's not as easy but I also don't see why this couldn't work if it was done from the beginning.

To me it even seems as less work would be required because this kind of huge compatibility patches wouldn't be needed. They will evolve the world anyway so I don't get why would it be more work to introduce new modules to an existing world? :huh:

I wouldn't have minded if the plan from the beginning would have been separate stand alone modules but if it goes there it will be dissappointing as the main idea behind DCS was to have a realistic and a diverse battlefield IIRC.

thanks, please report this again to your test area in the forums.

- blank PC without any BS stuff

- Windows 7 64 Bit HP

- Only DCS Installation is A-10C

- installed BS1 V 1.00 (as Admin)

- activated and went into the game

- closed the game again and applied the installer --> Installer wants the BS installation

my tries:

- uninstall BS and reinstall BS in proper path (on C drive) --> no success

- installed within Admin account with (run as admin) selection --> no success

- installed patch 1.01 --> no success

- installed patch 1.02 --> no success

- uninstalled patch 1.02 again --> still no success

- ran CCleaner to see whether key is existing in regestry...it is existing --> no success

- unplugged Jostick ---> no success (whatever this should help for)

by the way, I´ve got only one activation left. If I clean again anythings and reinstall it again, so I´ll loose my last activation. Where will I get new ones for further tries?

I have a great great great hope into tomorrow...but I also got the bad feeling that I will still have a bad luck tomorrow for a stupid reason...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

hopefully some of these people arnt installing in to the C\:Program files\ win7x64 bit do to the security swap file issues with win7x64?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Will Black Shark 2 full and patch be released on other sites , like D2D , because PayPal is the only way that i can pay .

Have you investigated electronic pre-paid CC's? (No application needed, they work like pre-paid mobile phone cards.)

Unfortunately, I don't think PayPal will be introduced as a payment method. (I haven't heard anything about it at least, but not exactly like I'd be the first to be told either. :P )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

by the way, I´ve got only one activation left. If I clean again anythings and reinstall it again, so I´ll loose my last activation. Where will I get new ones for further tries?

There should be no cleaning out necessary, at least after the fix is out. But if you do end up spending your last activation, you can get a refill through entering a support ticked through the website. Don't worry about it, you'll be taken care of.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Guys,

My apologies, I did nto read through all 65 pages of this thread (passed out around 25-30). The videos looks nice, and the new features sound great. My question is: Will the existing add-ons through Modman work on BS2.0? For example, cockpit enhancements, aircraft repaints, etc?

Thanks!

I would say: probably not. Some might, some might not. They should, however, be relatively easy to convert into new modman packages for BS2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

For people who have not followed the entire thread, plz keep in mind what Wags posted.

Cheers for the link.

I do feel like I've been mislead by ED over the DCS series, but that is nothing new in the game industry, I've got used to it. Game developers and politicians are obviously made from the same mold :P

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Is it so hard to understand that some of us 'the whinners' are NOT TALKING ABOUT MONEY! It's not the 20 bucks that makes me upset, but lack of any information

But Empeck, it's not that easy.

What has happened whenever ED did make early statements that they then ended up having to go back on? We moderators had to step in and try to clean up rage-filled flamefest threads.

That's what I feel you and several others don't quite understand here: no matter what Matt and the others say or do not say, there is always someone somewhere that will be prompted by it to do something that will cause us moderators to have to do some cleanup. :P

So basically, if they go the route of not saying anything ahead of time, at least they haven't actively mislead anyone. Sure, some people may have misled themselves through not having their misunderstandings corrected, but that's not blood on ED's hands.

I mean seriously:

When ED says something: I have to issue warnings and delete posts.

When ED does not say something: I have to issue warnings and delete posts.

Think about that for a moment. :)

If you are part of the raging, I think you are part of the reason why ED is being tight-lipped.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I would say: probably not. Some might, some might not. They should, however, be relatively easy to convert into new modman packages for BS2.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid you'd say that. It sounds like BS1 and BS2 are more like two different products then (rather than an upgrade), requiring new mods and add-ons for the BS2 branch. Hopefully this won't splinter the modding community or reduce add-ons since they now have to be made for either one (I can't see folks making mods for two different branches... but I'd love to be proven wrong!).

Then again, I can't see why I should keep BS1 around then. Perhaps time to delete it and just install a fresh new BS2 and hope for great add-ons and repaints for it.

Cheers!

It would be nice that if you have BS1 and buy BS1 upgrade that you're given a key that works in either the BS2 patch or BS2 full installer. If you buy BS1 upgrade and don't have BS1 then the key only works in the patch installer.

And then people who have BS1 will ask all friends who do not to just send them money through paypal, and the BS1 guy will purchase a tonne of discounted licenses and transfer them to his friends... ;)

I agree it would be nice, but the only way I would see for ED to guard against abuse would be to introduce very draconian DRM measures. I certainly don't plan to fly BS1 anymore, and might actually purchase a "full" BS2 just to relieve myself of the need for BS1, so I can totally see where you are coming from. But I am also very happy to accept anything that does not cause them to have to consider more complex and intrusive DRM measures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid you'd say that. It sounds like BS1 and BS2 are more like two different products then (rather than an upgrade), requiring new mods and add-ons for the BS2 branch. Hopefully this won't splinter the modding community or reduce add-ons since they now have to be made for either one (I can't see folks making mods for two different branches... but I'd love to be proven wrong!).

Then again, I can't see why I should keep BS1 around then. Perhaps time to delete it and just install a fresh new BS2 and hope for great add-ons and repaints for it.

Cheers!

Yeah, there's a lot that has happened "under the hood" in three years. It's not total gloom though - a lot of mods should be relatively easy to adapt. Some might just need you to re-build the modman package with a different file structure. Others might be worse. It will vary with each mod, but odds are that the more extensive the mod, the more likely it is to require more "hands-on" to make it work with BS2.

Unfortunately, I don't do much modding myself beyond stuff like LUA-hacking some weapons and such for the lols, so I might not be the right man to give a detailed answer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

What has happened whenever ED did make early statements that they then ended up having to go back on? We moderators had to step in and try to clean up rage-filled flamefest threads.

If you are part of the raging, I think you are part of the reason why ED is being tight-lipped.

Actually, ED did post some (critical) information in the RU forums about a month ago, mentioning a paid update for BS, instead of a free patch.

If the same information was made available here, the launch of BS2 would probably have been a bit smoother.

But Empeck, it's not that easy.

That's what I feel you and several others don't quite understand here: no matter what Matt and the others say or do not say, there is always someone somewhere that will be prompted by it to do something that will cause us moderators to have to do some cleanup. :P

I do understand. But, you can't avoid critical response. It's simply not possible. But honestly, for me the way Black Shark 2 is being released is the worst marketing strategy I've ever seen. In long term honesty is better than tight lips strategy. Take a look at Fighter Ops :P

So basically, if they go the route of not saying anything ahead of time, at least they haven't actively mislead anyone. Sure, some people may have misled themselves through not having their misunderstandings corrected, but that's not blood on ED's hands.

I mean seriously:

When ED says something: I have to issue warnings and delete posts.

When ED does not say something: I have to issue warnings and delete posts.

Think about that for a moment. :)

I know that. On the other side, re-releasing an updated product without any announcement, without screenshots, videos, deleting critical posts is better than clear situation?

Raging? No, I'm upset, yes, but not raging.

.....We moderators had to step in and try to clean up rage-filled flamefest threads.....

1:35 onwards..........

sXit0FTxa1U

Oh yeah - I can see clearly now the rain has gone..........I can see all obstacles in my way.........JN.

Apologies for the slight OT - thought a wee bit of light-hearted entertainment is in order :P

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Lol Mr Connerly. Always puts a smile on my face.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: