Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

Such countless Armchair critics and not one, yeah, not one attempt at a constructive solution proffered by anyone in 670-odd posts......Yet it seems all are more than happy to moan, and not just moan, but at times to be blatantly rude, disrespectful and discourteus to boot.

It saddens me, it honestly does :disgust:

We however persevere........

Isn't this the job of ED to find solutions ? Plus he give solutions that are mainly impossible because ED has made brainless solutions .. Instead of a tree of engine with every new branches is an aircraft ( what was meant to be ) you need to cut the entire tree and plant a new one evrytime ..

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this the job of ED to find solutions ? Plus he give solutions that are mainly impossible because ED has made brainless solutions .. Instead of a tree of engine with every new branches is an aircraft ( what was meant to be ) you need to cut the entire tree and plant a new one evrytime ..

My god it is so obvious and simple, thank you!

Nate

Hope this is clear and concise, not looking to attack ED just offering my point of view and suggestions.

Yeah and I thank you for it. As has been repeatedly requested, all we ask as moderators is an expectation that posts be made in a polite manner with respect to users, developers, and the product in general. It's a pity that it takes repeating to the point of desperation.

Again - thanx.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

1. So all of the discussed outstanding BS1 bugs got fixed only in BS2 but not in BS1?

2. Looking at that screenshot http://gamingshogun.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/BS2-4-1600x1000.jpg I'm suspecting that the reported dummy texture on the left and on the right at some places still hasn't been replaced by a proper texture. Am I right? (see the thread with the list of the bugs reported by BS1 users; led by Nate).

As far as the single colour/pixel texture that you point out in places goes, I asked, it is by Design. Apologies for not relaying that to you before.

Nate

Such countless Armchair critics and not one, yeah, not one attempt at a constructive solution proffered by anyone in 670-odd posts.....

Just respect past communication from ED !!

==> full inter operability of DCS Série !!!

ED never say pay for this full compatibility

Just for your info I have DCS Ka-50 and A-10C too ...

Why i pay + just for this full compatibility humm ?? :music_whistling:

It saddens me, it honestly does :disgust:

And community or big part of community fan of DCS Série???

We however persevere........
You make what ???

Just for info i am CoWm DCS Série in C6... if you want play with me no problem ;)

But if you want ban me or Hellfrog you aliennate fully C6 ( i dont say other + here)

Marc "Phoenix"

CoWm DCS Série

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

History of the Black Shark 1, 2

Le sort du Requin Noir: 1, 2, 3.

Your point-of-view has been noted. Time to move along ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

J

Just for info i am CoWm DCS Série in C6... if you want play with me no problem ;)

A pleasure to make your acquaintance.

J

But if you want ban me or Hellfrog you aliennate fully C6 ( i dont say other + here)

Now why would I do that?

In any event, back on topic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as the single colour/pixel texture that you point out in places goes, I asked, it is by Design. Apologies for not relaying that to you before.

Most curious answer :huh: I hope the texture will be identifiable by the time I get back to BS.

Most curious answer :huh: I hope the texture will be identifiable by the time I get back to BS.

AFAIK it is contained in the cockpit texture file, somewhere. I seem to remember the Blue cockpit Mod could change the colour of those places (albeit it was a flat colour)

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

AFAIK it is contained in the cockpit texture file, somewhere.

Nate

OK.

What about the bug fixes for BS1 users? Will there be any? And even focusing just on the BS2 - will there be a more detailed list of what bugs have been fixed and which of them will stay?

OK.

What about the bug fixes for BS1 users? Will there be any? And even focusing just on the BS2 - will there be a more detailed list of what bugs have been fixed and which of them will stay?

AFAIK BS1 will stay at v1.02. As for what's been fixed, I honestly can't say, so much has been fixed and a lot of the old ones are not applicable in the new engine. If there is anything specific you have in mind I will check for you.

Nate

Cry me a river. I made a post pointing out that ED's actions violate what they clearly say they'd do with the DCS series on their own FAQ (not merely statements beyond their control on other sites as was suggested) and suggested that if the situation is as they say it is, that they were forced to do this through financial circumstances, then I guess we'd have to accept that but at least a good first step would be an apology for not delivering what they said they would.

They have nothing to apologize for: They didn't charge you for some promise that was in fact never made, further:

I know that we can't always do what we'd hoped to, and I'm sure that development does cost money, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that. But when we are unable to deliver on our promises some sort of symbolic act of contrition is usually considered appropriate. I also suggested that a useful second step would be a clear statement of how they intend to proceed with the DCS series now that we now it is not going to be the modular concept that we were (and still are in the FAQ) promised.

Nothing was promised, and I'll point out -again- that it has been often said by ED that there are no promises.

Others have requested such clarity and been given nothing more than "we're working on it" in response. Two sims in and a new one frequently hinted about on the horizon and they're working on it?

To be blunt, you're not entitled to more information. Would it be nice? It would be. But the guys at the top have decided to share only in a specific manner, and I know that some things have been changed a bunch of times already. How would that work for you in terms of clarity? Would you be upset again because stuff keeps changing?

But if I can't trust the developers, and so far they've apparently shown that they're willing to go back on their word and silence someone for pointing that out (or employ moderators that would do it for them), then I don't think I care to hand my money over to them. Which is frustrating because I'd prefer to support the development of such a unique product.

They didn't give you their word. They laid out a desired direction. No one is pleased with not being able to follow it as well as idealized, but they still don't owe you any apologies for that.

and the only acceptable attitude for a customer to take is "thank you sir, may I have another"

That is certainly not true. Plenty of people have aired their grievances and they're around.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I want to thank the moderators and testers who are giving away much of their free time on our behalf to be only occasionally commended but unfortunately also sometimes harassed, called names and asked to answer the same questions over and over and over again. The least we can do is make their job easier by reading and searching for previous posts that may be covering the same ground.

We owe them our thanks and our courtesy for their endless patience.

My head would have exploded twelve times by now at many of the posts I have read.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Out

• Like 3

I want to thank the moderators and testers who are giving away much of their free time on our behalf to be only occasionally commended but unfortunately also sometimes harassed, called names and asked to answer the same questions over and over and over again. The least we can do is make their job easier by reading and searching for previous posts that may be covering the same ground.

We owe them our thanks and our courtesy for their endless patience.

My head would have exploded twelve times by now at many of the posts I have read.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Amen to that! My ignore list has grown by a staggering amount today, yet those poor guys have to wade through all that dross, my hat is off to you guys.

• Like 1

AFAIK BS1 will stay at v1.02. As for what's been fixed, I honestly can't say, so much has been fixed and a lot of the old ones are not applicable in the new engine. If there is anything specific you have in mind I will check for you.

1. Semi-transparent buildings and ground objects in Shkval. :disgust:

2. Power issue on idle making it impossible to practice power-off landings (too much power delivered).

3. Hydraulic system - both lines always fail simultaneously.

4. Funky behavior on the ground, particularly on rough terrain - even when close to stationary one could experience a kick that was fatal to the airframe.

Just to add to my previous post: I'm also often disappointed about things not going the way I'd like them to, or features getting removed/not making it into the final product as planned. But we all need to remember from time to time, that ED is maybe also not happy about such events. So I'm honestly sure, they do the best they can so we have a great product and they get the money to keep the business running.

And yes: I'd never want to be a tester or moderator. I got a squad to run! ;) That consumes enough time and nerves... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Trying to install BS 2. Keeps telling me that BS needs to be installed. BS has been installed for 2 years:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Trying to install BS 2. Keeps telling me that BS needs to be installed. BS has been installed for 2 years:helpsmilie:

You need to install the update on a BS1.0 install, alternatively wait for the fixed installer package that is currently being worked on.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Boing: Headshot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]