Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me for being a little slow this evening... but i need to clarify.

I own BS1 but do not have it installed. I'm gaming off a SSD with limited space and have no interest in compatibility to FC2.

I'm presently downloading the 'BS2 upgrade version' @ 4.8GB.

To install this version i HAVE to have BS1 installed but not patched. (even if i don't want it installed)

Or can i simply install BS2 to save space.

Sorry me being slow, :doh:

You have to have BS1 installed and activated. Thereafter install BS2. Once done, uninstall BS1 - not needed anymore, unless you wish to retain FC2-compatibility.

gawddamn - sniped proper!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Having said that, as somebody who was officially sanctioned by ED at the time DCS: Black Shark was in development (as volunteer Community Manager), I can certainly extend my apology for any change in our plans that might have made users feel mislead.

Thanks, that is much appreciated.

Fang.

Edited by fangav

Might I suggest a quick (ASAP) mod to the download/purchase pages to include appropriate instructions.

Purely for the conservation of electrons or sanity.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ok.. i understand, thanks lads for the answer in triplicate. :)

Uninstalling BS1 after installing BS2 is fine and dandy with me.

i hope getting back into the shark pit is like riding a bike..

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

...to develop a unified electronic battlefield in which players can control a variety of realistically modeled platforms.

Thanks for the clearup Bivol, much appreciated. Whiners: BS2 is awesome, and the much-improved AI alone is well worth the price IMO. Plus you'll get a ton of other improvements too.

Mods - maybe sticky Bivol's comment to prevent it getting buried under the bull****?

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Here is a thought, it sucks to have to pay $20 for something that was suppose to fit like a puzzle. Now paying $20 for an upgrade and from the screenshots I have seen is not bad. I don't know if or when I'll buy it, but for someone that is big into flying the BS it is nice. I do understand that making it isn't cheap and they should get paid for their work. But maybe they could of made the compatibility patch free and the upgrade separate. That way people could fly with other DCS models still and if they wanted the fancy eye candy they will have to pay for it. maybe they can look into doing this in the future releases.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

ED,

Thanks for your efforts, they are greatly appreciated. One only has to look at where the great flight simulations of the past have gone, to easily understand the marketing necessary to keep this great line going.

I have one important request that I'd gladly pay $40 dollars for. That would be a "whining filter" that we could use to dump the pages of unnecessary horse-hockey bitching over the price of something that they personally wouldn't have worked an hour on for free.

I mean really, if you don't want to pay for it, then don't buy it. Seems like a pretty simple concept to me.

Thanks again for the great work, you'll have my $20 bucks as soon as I return home and my continued support for your future work, including my $40 dollars for that "whining filter"

The way I figure it:

I bought the game in 2008. I got my money's worth out of it. I flew the hell out of the Blackshark. Now, with the prospect of flying coop w/ the A-10C, I will be flying it some more. $20 for an upgrade isn't all that bad imho.

The only thing I wished ED would have done is given some advanced notice on this. While $20 isn't hard to come by for me at this moment, others might not readily have it available and will miss out on some fly time with their friends who can afford it. Advance notice could have let them budget it in. There would have been the pre-emptive complaining (as always) but at least people would have known :)

It also would have taken alleviated the "Here's the upgrade! But ya gotta pay for it" surprise everyone got hit with :)

• Like 1

Hi fellas, im stuck.

I just installed BS1 and now attempting to install BS2 and the installer says it can't find BS1, I even installed to the default directory (didn't have the game installed before was too busy with A10)

You installed BS1.0 did you also activate it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

ah i need to fly one mission to do that right? that's where i've gone wrong

Hope it works for you, it doesnt for me.

To the whiners...can you please stop spamming the thread with your cryings about paying 20$?

Stop smoking for 3 days and you got the money back...then you´ll see what worth more for you.

So please, get back on focus of the upgrade...still can´t install it...any news about the new installer?

• Like 2

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

To the whiners...can you please stop spamming the thread with your cryings about paying 20$?

Stop smoking for 3 days and you got the money back...then you´ll see what worth more for you.

It is not helpful or mature to be so derisive or condescending to folk with a different opinion. This thread is a news post about the BS compatibility patch errr sorry BS2. The only place and the correct place for community members to raise concerns.

If people want to complain they are completely entitled to.

While money may not be an issue for you, others are not so fortunate right now. I'm sure many like me others are having a tough time justifying spending money on videos games while raising families on dwindling funds.. spending money on patches is even harder to square away.

Have some empathy for others in different circumstances and don't be such an douche. (Sorry to be rude.. but you deserve it for you own comments.)

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 2

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

Have some empathy for others in different circumstances and don't be such an douche.

I'm recently unemployed and dropped $40 on the full BS version without even thinking about the cost. It's not about the money for anyone. Anyone with a PC that can run these games can drop $20 without blinking.

The problem is they expected it to be free and are morally outraged that they had to pay for the upgrade to make DCS: BS a fully fledged A-10C quality DCS module. That is ridiculous and that's what's so annoying about the people complaining about having to pay.

No one is saying "you're forcing me to choose between feeding my family or flying with my friends!" They are saying "I'm totally sure you said free and you even promised me that and now you're asking for money and someone said you'll keep asking for money so now I'm super mad about that and that makes you mean! But I bought it anyway." :smilewink:

• Like 2

In my opinion it would have been better to notify customers this was going to happen. The majority seemed to be of the opinion that this update was going to be free, which led me to purchase both BS and A10C recently with the belief BS would be getting upgraded soon :(.

Personally I have no issues with a 20 quid upgrade, however it would have been nice to know it was going to happen. I would have been able to make an informed choice about my purchase (and knowing this would not have purchased BS1 but waited for a new version). Now I'm either left with a lesser product, or having to pay again to get the product I originally wanted.

Now I'm either left with a lesser product, or having to pay again to get the product I originally wanted.

Don't think of it that way. :huh: Instead of thinking "I have to pay again" think "Sweet, 50% off!". :smilewink:

Hi everyone,

I haven't been writing that much in this forum lately, but now I just feel the need to give my opinion on the discussion about this upgrade. The last "simulator" I really had was F/A 18 Interceptor on the Amiga. When I read about Black Shark, I bought it, along with TrackIR, HOTAS and pedals. LockOn + FC2 followed as well as A10C + TM Warthog. I just state this, because I have spent a ridiculous amount of money for not even playing that much. And others do the same, buying the TM Warthog at release even though they have a HOTAS, but then complaining about 20$.

When I read reviews of other games, stating 25 hours of gameplay, I can just smile. As I wrote on a review, concerning Black Shark and complaints about only one flyable bird (a little overdrawn): One of its systems is more complex than many of the mainstream games. The update with dynamic weather etc. is huge on BS2, compare this to the various FIFA, Codemasters or SimBin titels (which I really like). They are more mainstream and less complex, yet full price titels.

I'm happy to be able to support ED, since the genre is quite a niche. Of course they want to earn money, but I don't have the feeling they're trying to cheat their customers. BS1 was a robust full product. If they did a lot of work to make BS2 meet the DCS (A10) standards, let me pay for it. Someone wrote about bad customer service in that regard: Have a look at the forums, I'm always happy to read detailed information about the new weather system, simulator internals, new sound and others that are given by the developers. I do not see this in many other forums. It's mainly the sim genre with similar marketing concepts.

I don't know if I am what is called a fanboy nowadays (well, I don't think so), but I'm willing to pay for these upgrades, because I like what I see compared to many other products.

Cheers bfeld

Edited by bfeld
  • Like 1

I'm recently unemployed and dropped $40 on the full BS version without even thinking about the cost. It's not about the money for anyone. Anyone with a PC that can run these games can drop $20 without blinking.

The problem is they expected it to be free and are morally outraged that they had to pay for the upgrade to make DCS: BS a fully fledged A-10C quality DCS module. That is ridiculous and that's what's so annoying about the people complaining about having to pay.

No one is saying "you're forcing me to choose between feeding my family or flying with my friends!" They are saying "I'm totally sure you said free and you even promised me that and now you're asking for money and someone said you'll keep asking for money so now I'm super mad about that and that makes you mean! But I bought it anyway." :smilewink:

I'm sure there are many who feel aggrieved because they had assumed a compatibility patch between BS & A10c would be free. I mean come on, who didn't think it would be free? But putting that aside..

You are wrong when you say people are not having t make a important choice about how to spend $20. I'm certainly not going to claim its between putting food on the table for my family or flying BS.. but I am really struggling to make ends meet each month right now.. and i have vowed not to spend money on anything except important bills and food that keep my family content.. it has annoyed me that ED are charging for this patch, but not nearly as much as it annoys me the comments made to be told to suck it up without the right to comment or be told to stop smoking and then all will smell or roses. That is what is so fing annoying.

• Like 1

• ED Team

I do feel bitter about the way DCS have released this at $20 and just a little caught out.

I fly the A-10 mostly but thought to myself I will buy Blackshark as the compatiblity patch with A-10 would be great. If I had known it was at a price prior to buying I would of held off with the purchase.

However I think its a great step forward for the DCS series and I am looking forward to the next A-10 patch and the next fast air from DCS.

Keep up the good work !

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If you're having trouble supporting yourself, your family or a dependent and can't drop $20 on yourself in today's inflated price of goods world then you really shouldn't be playing.

Sell the computer, get a second job or third, go on welfare, cut back on the electricity, whatever, cos you'd need to if you can't one time drop $20 to treat yourself.

Yes, I'm judging those that bring the poor me sympathy card into the argument because really, you're complaining on a gaming forum....

• Like 1

how much the government give you every month after you're unemployed? while you can spend 40$ for a video game even in unemployed stage, many other people don't have such a fortune. they may not even get 200$ a month from the gov when unemployed.

RTX 3070