Future Projects Road Map

Nate--IRL--

Well then maybe you can explain something to me, no?

OK - Here goes:

What were the Pilots of these REALISTIC Warbirds up to in their hey-day?

Bearcat

Corsair

Curtiss P-40B

Gladiator

Harvard

Hawk

Hellcat

Mustang TF-51D

Nimrod

Spitfire V

Spitfire XIV

Staggerwing

Wildcat

Beaufighter

CR.42

La-11

Sea Fury

Spitfire IX

Spitfire XXII

Thunderbolt P-47G

Roasting Marshmallows? Throwing paper-versions of them around in a big hangar someplace?

I could have sworn it was COMBAT, but hey, that's just me.

I can tell you that i know it quite better than you because my grand-father actually flown Corsair ,F51 , bearcat and other in Indochine and Vietnam with French and Us air force , so i can tell you that i'm quite well placed to know that because of all the stories he tells me since i'm a child.

BUT if i ask him " grandpa , do you think its realistic to add a P51 in a crimea warzone among A10C and ka50 " i think he will swallow his denture ...

I just want without irony to know the interest of adding a WWII aicraft ? what will it add to gameplay , mission editing , etc ?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT if i ask him " grandpa , do you think its realistic to add a P51 in a crimea warzone among A10C and ka50 " i think he will swallow his denture ...

Maybe this is just the wrong question?

- ask if he thinks if it's realistic to ad a P-51 into the Nevada map and do a air-race, or just simple flying around.

Curious in his answer...

Edited by PeterP

I can tell you that i know it quite better than you....

You think?

Moving on, it's a product. Buy it, don't buy it. It's up to you. If you do not see what the Flying Legends will contribute to the Community as a whole, that's OK - Nobody expects you to. Move along then - you have made your dissent clear - why continue to belabour the point? It gets old ;)

As for the development cycle, they are being developed in parallel.

I just want without irony to know the interest of adding a WWII aicraft ?

You are aware that ED answer to TFC?

http://fighter-collection.com/pages.php

If so, your question is answered.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

you talk about half 2012 for the DCS flying legend, any date of release for FC3 ?

Can we know more about the resource management system ?

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

but it is a Combat sim , i bought DCS because its a COMBAT SIMULATION : means realistic engagement in a combat zone with realistic aircraft etc .. this is nonsense to me , but i'd really like that a ED member explain me the philosophy of this thing to make me understand , because now for me its mainly " another thing to sale " but i'm fully open-minded to an explanation :smilewink:

Sorry but for me , having to pay Sciences PO 7000$ per year plus an PC , those uprgrade that cost 19,99 $ and which are unrealistic in this Area/combat era/ etc are not a thing that i buy without thinking . Even something wich is 1$ i will not buy it if its interesting , but thats my opinion ... not yours as i see

But they're not being unrealistically priced at all - it's 1/3 of the cost of a copy of something like BF3 or CoD:MW3. Those games are designed for a few hours play - plus some online grinding in multiplayer to get weapons you've already payed for in matches that often depend on less-than-savoury players less interested in teamwork than their own stats. Compared to other flight simulations, such as FSX or RoF the pricing is also significantly less, so again, rather than you moving the details of your argument around - where is the list of combat sims that have had you just fly around ?

If ED don't make a worthy simulation, people won't buy it - yourself and myself included, but to lecture/whine at them about how they "better not do this or that" before we've even seen a list of features, let alone the game itself, seems petty to me - that's all :) Let's bear in mind that they tend to release, at most, a couple of things in a given year - so that's looking like a $40 to $80 expenditure in 2012 for simulations from ED needs to be kept in context. It pales compared to the spread of a person's PC upgrade costs - even your annual $7000 expenditure dwarfs it by some margin. All spending should be considered in the current climate, from toothpaste to house purchases and this is no different, but consideration is not what you are showing ;)

If I singled you out (which I appear to have - sorry) for the main thrust of my complaints at the complainers - I apologise - you were merely the latest in a long line of forum posters that I've read do the same over the past years I've been reading (and not posting/registering) :)

Edit: Apologies Viper - I will also leave it there - I've had two fair cracks at complaining myself now ;)

Edited by Executioner
Adding a second apology!

If people don't start getting along soon I'll start talking about the AT-802U again.

You've been warned. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

you talk about half 2012 for the DCS flying legend, any date of release for FC3 ?

As the release states: more information will be released when they are nearer to completion. So right now: no date for FC3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Apoloigies but....

As each product nears completion and feature lists are finalized, more details will be provided.

Nate

But they're not being unrealistically priced at all - it's 1/3 of the cost of a copy of something like BF3 or CoD:MW3. Those games are designed for a few hours play - plus some online grinding in multiplayer to get weapons you've already payed for in matches that often depend on less-than-savoury players less interested in teamwork than their own stats.

FEW HOURS of multiplayer ? have you ever played BF 3 ? its the best combat simulation ever .. and its life is infinite .. i prefer paying 200$ for BF3 than 10 $ for a P51 in dcs world .

But if theres new features other than a P51 in the uptade , i'll adapt my argumentation :)

why would you put A10s and a WWII figher in the same mission?..

however, if it was WWII figher vs WWII figher in DCS environement (Crimea or Nevada or wherever), sign me up!....especially if it is the first of a new line of classic Addons.

Ultimately, ED gives us the tools, but WE create the scenario in the mission editor..

YES YES YES YES!

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

As in the real world. You can only be current on one aircraft at a time. If you switch to another aircraft you have to go through a full refamil program.

The days of the 2nd WW when you just "kicked the tyres, checked Pilots Notes for stalling speed" are long gone.

Looking at his log books, my father flew 56 Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm types from the Seafire XV culminating in the Sea Vixen.

I do remember, when I was 16 years of age, Dad for 3 evenings reading the Sea Vixen Pilots Notes that were about 3 inches thick. Seafire XV was 44 pages!

:shocking: I always knew flying legends (WW2 planes in general) blokes (all people involved, not just pilots) do their job not by accident but this is truly something...

Su-25. Flying legend is a Su-25 ;)

div><div class="ipsSpoiler_contents"><p> <div class=

http://2000mph.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/ta.jpg' alt='ta.jpg'>

Flying Legends:

That would be another historical milestone set by ED - the first prop simulated down to bolts and rivets with an advanced flight model. The first milestone was the release of the Flaming Cliffs addon (v1) with the AFM, if someone is in not sure what I am talking about.

Edited by Bucic

why would you put A10s and a WWII figher in the same mission?..

however, if it was WWII figher vs WWII figher in DCS environement (Crimea or Nevada or wherever), sign me up!....especially if it is the first of a new line of classic Addons.

Ultimately, ED gives us the tools, but WE create the scenario in the mission editor..

Totally agree with you : There is not any interest to implement only the airplane in DCS itself but if there is other WWII warbirds , etc etc , Hell Yeah i'm for it too. But it seems a bit boring with your P51 alone with no one to fight ... But if there's things to do i'm for it

The first "DCS Flying Legends" aircraft

I bet for a MIG15 or SABRE

Because these (amongst others) where once shown as WAGS avatar? Just take a look on his current avatar...:music_whistling:

No, because it would be a good choice. But unfortunately, it will be a prop jet :(

Today we have WWI and WW2 Simulator but not early jets simulation, and the majority of ED customers are modern jets enthousiast.

What would be the best period choice for you (to simulated legendary aircrafts)?

But it seems a bit boring with your P51 alone with no one to fight ... But if there's things to do i'm for it

Not when it's done to the similar level of fidelity

plus AFM (which FSX lacks). Note that older version of the product has been presented.

No, because it would be a good choice. But unfortunately, it will be a prop jet :(

Now that would be something :sly:

...have you ever played BF 3 ? its the best combat simulation ever...

Oh.

No, no, no.

Dozens of douchebags running around with IRNV-scoped automatic shotguns loaded with frag rounds is not a "combat simulation". I'll take a bug-ridden ArmA 2 (or better yet, PR:BF2) over BF3 any day.

OT: Really looking forward to the possibility of Combined Arms - as much as I love flying the hog, calling in strikes as a JTAC is something I would love to be able to do.

Edited by Harzach
  • Like 1

dcs_sig.jpg

• ED Team
If people don't start getting along soon I'll start talking about the AT-802U again.

DCS: Birds Of Spray?

• Like 2

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Oh please don't! :joystick:

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Yo-Yo again."

You actually made me snort my lunch coffee right there. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Do you think we will get UAV control with Combined Arms?

That would be really cool, maybe that is why they are not calling it "ground Commander" mode any more :)

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Well I guess I'm half with the whiners here. I'm probably not going to buy FC3 and Flying Legends. If FC3 maintain the same simulation level as FC2, I know I'm not going to fly it. It surely could make some interesting missions with A-10C and Ka-50, though.

DCS Flying Legends is another story with the same ending. I'm afraid it will not appeal me as I like modern planes more than WW2 or WW1. Also, there are other sims covering these periods in high fidelity. Look at Cliffs of Dover, we all know that sim as today, but what will be its state when DCS Flying Legends come out?. Probably very good and it includes a very interesting theater and more flyables.

So to conclude, I'm very interested in everything that expands the current DCS world, maintaining the same simulation level. I know Combined arms, Nevada and the new US jet are my priorities and will be on my hard drive, but meanwhile, we have an A-10C waiting to be finished off.