DCS Flying Legend Aircraft

Phantom88

• ED Team
Heheheh if it is compatible with LO\BS\A10 it will be great target drone for Vikhrs, Mavs, guns and perhaps LGBs :]

Not necessarily. In the US military, there is a serious evaluation that for COIN operations the best solution would be a turboprop aircraft, costing one tenth of modern jet aircraft

See http://defensetech.org/2007/05/08/the-coin-aircraft-comeback/

Mind you the USAF is dead against the concept. They would much prefer to have JSFs costing $110M (and counting) to do the job. Any USAF officer that supported turboprops would lose his career!

Edited by JimMack

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

This is really wonderful news,I fly in FSX for it's great old Warbirds,but as most know the FSX game engine is less than optimal.

I believe The DCS Game Engine is in it's very Early Prime and could easily replace FSX as my flight Simulator for Warbirds,It's fantastic to have a choice.

Great,Great News!!!:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Not just a guess - this is the answer:

It will be the P-51 Mustang

seems the Developers at ED forgot to remove this folder from the beta before the release of BS2.

Why guess, people? I like how everyone just glosses over a real answer in favor of making one up... :doh:

• Like 2

Trust me, flying a powerful prop aircraft is a lot more fun!

In no way am I complaining.

Probably before the time of many members here, but revisiting the game play options of "Chuck Yeager's Air Combat" will be interesting for many.

I think that was the first Air Combat game I played...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Any guesses????????:music_whistling:

I'm going with a F8F BearCat to Accompany the F-18E SuperHornet that will be the Next Fixed Wing Jet.

The BearCat will serve as a trainer for you landLovers to get you used to "Crashing" I mean Trapping on a rolling Carrier Deck!!

That's my story and I'm stick'in to it.

Wait, the next module is an F-18E? There's ANOTHER plane coming?!? Where are you guys getting this from? (Pardon my ignorance)

• Like 1

Wait, the next module is an F-18E? There's ANOTHER plane coming?!? Where are you guys getting this from? (Pardon my ignorance)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1327908#post1327908

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

No, see the 'flying legend' will be the F/A-18, because it's old, out of date, useless, and sucks :D

No really though, I think it's a fair bet that it'll be a Cold War era aircraft, so I think the F-4 is a good guess.

I hope it is then I can do a FAA/RAF colour scheme..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Have someone of you lost the ability to count 1 and 1 together ?

You sure can ignore my post #7 and even consider it as spamming ;) ... but please start reading here again:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1328039#post1328039

and please don't tell that 1+1=F4 or whatever.

;) ...on the other hand....

- sure - no problem - we can have another 400pages long thread about listing random aircraft again. -I don't mind.

- because I know the answer.

Edited by PeterP

Not necessarily. In the US military, there is a serious evaluation that for COIN operations the best solution would be a turboprop aircraft, costing one tenth of modern jet aircraft

See http://defensetech.org/2007/05/08/the-coin-aircraft-comeback/

Mind you the USAF is dead against the concept. They would much prefer to have JSFs costing $110M (and counting) to do the job. Any USAF officer that supported turboprops would lose his career!

Thx for an article, didn't know Iraqi AF will get them - I knew in South America is used as well so far.

My previous sentence mostly relates to virtual skies, where you hear jets around while flying in your "pr prr prr prr prrr" plane. :)

If it is compatible, it will be really funny to fly and make good games, example "catch me if you can" - you in turboprop and friend in Ka-50 :]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

If it is compatible, it will be really funny to fly and make good games, example "catch me if you can" - you in turboprop and friend in Ka-50 :]

Bob - all those turboprops are twice as fast as a Ka-50 :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If you speed up Ka you will go 400, some time ago I saw pic in Russ section flying 450 :D.

But yeah, in Ka-50 you have ability to slow down, sneak, find and fire missile. Turboprop is faster, more agile and easier to use. Chances are euqal. I find this interesting a bit.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hmm.. A bit disappointed with the Flying Legends part if it really turns out to be a P-51B and a line of WWII aircraft following it. There's already lots of those in FSX, Il-2, etc. I can see it as a smart probing move by ED to grab a piece of the cake from the FSX/X-Plane action with the Nevada map as a start and that's nice, but still I can't help feeling underwhelmed by it.

I'd prefer if it was a line of some vintage Cold War aircraft.. e.g. MiG-21, MiG-23, MiG-25, Lightning, F-104, F-4 Phantom II, etc. which could also be combined with the DCS airplanes' scenarios, too.

• Like 2

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

And think about how much a prop would show up on radar and any IR missiles would surely hit the jets more than me when they light their cans??

Give me a Spitfire to fly, over a Typhoon any day.

I love Tiffy but there is something about hearing a prop fire up that warms the heart.

Disclaimer: Anything I've written has nothing to do with anything. These aren't the planes you're looking for. You can go on your way. Move along...

F18....pah, everyone knows it's an SR71 cause I saw one at Duxford, mind you I also saw Concorde there too along with quite a few others jets.

I do love the speculation game you guys play with each other :)

Hmm.. A bit disappointed with the Flying Legends part if it really turns out to be a P-51B and a line of WWII aircraft following it. There's already lots of those in FSX, Il-2, etc. I can see it as a smart probing move by ED to grab a piece of the cake from the FSX/X-Plane action with the Nevada map as a start and that's nice, but still I can't help feeling underwhelmed by it.

I'd prefer if it was a line of some vintage Cold War aircraft.. e.g. MiG-21, MiG-23, MiG-25, Lightning, F-104, F-4 Phantom II, etc. which could also be combined with the DCS airplanes' scenarios, too.

I would prefer the same, as there are plenty of Cold War aircraft in a number of nations' active inventory. But maybe they're trying to create some "synergy" with their TFC division. Who knows. Either way, if people like it and want to buy it, great. If not, oh well. I'm just happy that we'll soon have (presumably) DCS:WH+DCS:BS+FC3+Combined Arms. Flight simming Nirvana. If they manage to throw a dedicated server in there, they will have revolutionized the industry.

• Like 1
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64