• AH-1W Super Cobra
    • AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

Well in Blackshark it is very difficult to lock up a moving air target unless they are moving head on or away from you. The AI though is able to lock me up no problem when Im flying A-10 regardless of my aspect ratio to them. Im also amazed at how easily they spoof AIM-9. More times than not my missiles miss unless I am within its own WEZ and coming from behind which isnt very easy when they just swing around and fire a few cannon rounds. Then Im dead.

If you fly A-10 it is best to avoid Helis. You don't have a radar so it's difficult to spot them, and if you do, be sure that the Heli already knows where you are.

So, you turn to engage him and suddenly the distance between you and him is decreasing very fast, and you dont have the time to hear the sound you want... If you keep flying forward to him, you will propably been hit with gun fire. So Zoom and make some circles above him. If he is on hover, it will be difficult for him to gain altitude and if he tries, you will get more. If he is not hovering, he will try to get your six or get you in his cannon sights. Gain altitude, so he can't follow you. After some circles above him, in the right time do a Boom, fire some bursts on the rotors, and pull back the stick to avoid collision with the Heli. If you do it right, you will see many Heli pieces... :lol:

Me personally I'd stay clear of any helo and let the fast movers take care of them, if I spend two minutes chasing one in an A-10 that takes fuel and loiter time away from my real mission, that's a no go!

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the AV8B or even the Harrier GR7 still have classified info on them? A VSTOL study sim would make a wonderful DCS module, suit the engine really well...

Just saying :)

The EW system on the GR7/9 is still classified afaik.

Lets stick to singel seaters :P

1. if your gunning you will hate your ai flying skills

2.if your flying you will hate your ai gunning skills

thats just the way it is :P

now a DCS: Osprey or a DCS F-35b Would be awesome for a SVTOL.

i have no idea if the russians have something equal to this

Lets stick to singel seaters :P

1. if your gunning you will hate your ai flying skills

2.if your flying you will hate your ai gunning skills

thats just the way it is :P

now a DCS: Osprey or a DCS F-35b Would be awesome for a SVTOL.

i have no idea if the russians have something equal to this

Apache can be flown as single seater. It is designed so that gunner or pilot can operate all the systems in case if one of them gets killed.

Im also amazed at how easily they spoof AIM-9.

Ka-50 has low IR signature.

Edited by ObvilionLost

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5472_1.gif[/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Win 10 | i5-6600K | 16GB DDR4 RAM | MSI Radeon RX480 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek X52

Zeus Gaming Community

My point exactly, 5 years in the computer world is an eternity. You guys are killing me, ED is gonna have to speed up production.

Why wait for military contracts when you can satisfy the desktop simmers and generate revenue now.

If you keep taking so long to realease new DCS models, then you will have to waiste time constantly keeping the overall engine up to date with the current technology.

I don't mean to sound negative, I just see alot of potential in the ED sim family, and I want to see it reach it's full potential in my lifetime.

I'm having these same problems with some of my other favorite sims, Steel Beasts pro pe, and Combat Mission.......

I am sure he just gave you a clue there. My guess is that ED have won five years worth of military contract (with our beloved Mr. Carl Norman's help?). :D My next guess then would be that it takes less than a year to crank out each mil project and that, my friend, explained the 9 months between modules and one of them is probably an F/A18. I BET! 25cents...

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

My hope, that this one is taking so long due to the change over to DX11. and the fallowing moduals will fall to the 9 month build time frame.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Apache can be flown as single seater. It is designed so that gunner or pilot can operate all the systems in case if one of them gets killed.

That's not true, several systems are only available for one of the pilots. Both can fly the helicopter so it can get home if one of them is killed, but it's unlikely it will be able to finish its mission with just one crew member.

E.g. only the co-pilot can use the TADS for targeting and fire the laser. Quite essential functions.

the CPG can fly it but thats all he/she can do....

fly the dead/injured pilot out of the kill zone and back to base.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

That's not true, several systems are only available for one of the pilots. Both can fly the helicopter so it can get home if one of them is killed, but it's unlikely it will be able to finish its mission with just one crew member.

E.g. only the co-pilot can use the TADS for targeting and fire the laser. Quite essential functions.

I believe this is incorrect. The pilot can use the TADS, it's just he/she doesn't have the optical relay tube.

The pilot can use the TADS in the sense that he can slave it to his line of sight and use it as a standby FLIR in case the PNVS fails. He cannot, however, do much else with it. He can't shoot the laser, slave the TADS manually, use the auto-tracker...well, he pretty much can't do anything with the TADS that is controlled by the two handgrips up front.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

don't forget the huey gunships. I know a family friend who flew those in the vietnam conflict and he had some wild stories to tell. I once got a ride with him in a jet ranger back in the late seventies and he did this manoever where he kept the nose pointed at one spot on the ground and spun around it in a circle going sideways. It scared the @#$%^ outta me but was really cool at the same time.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Master sergeant shooter sergeant important person of sergeants extreme:gun_rifle:

Please correct me if i am wrong, the idea of DCS coming up with such detailed sims is not just to cater gun ho pilots who want to kill kill and just kill.... Rather its an attitude, passion for flying realistically... As much it can get... If huey is not your cup of tea then how about black hawk... Its advanced, has all those mfd's... Why i chose huey was the sheer history behind it, and i just love the sound of its blades cutting through the air... Well its just my openion, you may or may not agree to it.

Once in a while one should take up a difficult tasks as trasnporting troops to hot zones...

Anyways...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I already fly a lumbering airborne target drone for fighters, called the Hawg. ;)

A column of enemy tanks sees A10s approaching from behind...the tanker c/o radios out: "step on it, we can outrun them". :D

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

The idea of transport isn´t bad. I would be one of those if available but I guess theres simply no interest from the military side for the huey. With a huey you also would need to have better animated soldiers.

I would prefer the MI24 with its transport and fighting ability as mentioned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]