Battlefield 4

jmod

BF3 with new shiny graphics, no thanks. Already burnt out on BF3.

If they went Planetside 2 style then they can have my money.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wonder why anybody can compare a fun-shooter like BF with ArmA.

People should realize that modern games are not totally refreshed on every release. Graphics and other engine parts are either gradually changed and the setting is slightly adapted (like CoD or BF) or you have a modular system like RoF or DCS.

Development is to costly and time-intensive to create from scratch and use it just for one game.

In the end BF3 is already just a makeover of BFBC2 which again is a makeover.....

So nobody should wonder why BF4 is no revolution. It's evolution. Hopefully for the better...

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Played BF 1942 and Desert Combat ,BF2 and Project Reality Mod,Then things started to go down hill rapidly.EA wanted to go down the Console path and basically sold out the Tactical elements

I get the odd message for "BUY BATTLEFEID 4 SUCKA" from Origin and e mails ,but after the dreadful console treatment of BF3 ,Ill stick to Arma and DCS Titles from now on

I played a match of BF3 the other day and I love how all the little kiddies screaming down their mics thought they were real pilots.

LOL! Yeah, that reminds me of Crysis and VTOL players.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

I always wonder why anybody can compare a fun-shooter like BF with ArmA.

People should realize that modern games are not totally refreshed on every release. Graphics and other engine parts are either gradually changed and the setting is slightly adapted (like CoD or BF) or you have a modular system like RoF or DCS.

Development is to costly and time-intensive to create from scratch and use it just for one game.

In the end BF3 is already just a makeover of BFBC2 which again is a makeover.....

So nobody should wonder why BF4 is no revolution. It's evolution. Hopefully for the better...

Well, its not like Arma 3 is any "new engine". Same ol shit, same ol bugs. They just upped the graphics resolution and gave us a few new shiny poses.

And THIS took them like 3 years? AND GREECE sucks!

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

Well, its not like Arma 3 is any "new engine". Same ol shit, same ol bugs. They just upped the graphics resolution and gave us a few new shiny poses.

Oh dear....

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Have you tested/bought ARMA3?

So, what about the gameplay and the freedom, compared to a battlefield3/4 / 'any-call-of-like' corridor game?

And I don't understand your statement about Greece. Guess you'll not develop and I find it good that you'll have the good taste not to go Politics/free-insults against a country or its inhabitants.

So, what's your kind of game?

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I'm really glad you got my point and were able to realize that what's true for one game is also true for another game in the same economical context.

However, what's wrong with Greece? This is an Island built after a real island in that area, ok. But it was chosen because there are probably tens of thousands of island around the world looking like that. Rename locations in the editor and put it whereever you want. Problem solved.

Ah, sometimes problems making people use bigger fonts are so easily solved.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Gotta love ppl bashing a game thats not even out of Alpha. Guess ppl need to read too as they missed the whole Alpha part. Oh well there loss. An agree will take ArmA over BF anyday, even in ALpha state. Actually wish BF4 would release tomorrow so all these COD/BF kiddies would leave an go play that an leave us serious simmers alone.

• Like 1

He is, but he is also apparently disappointed with the Arma 3 alpha in its current state for some reason or another. I'd still take Arma 3 over Battlefield 4 any day of the week. The lack of modding Battlefield is a huge drawback. There were so many great mods with 1942, Vietnam, and BF2, yet as of late modding has become impossible with the Battlefield series. Its incredibly disappointing because the Frostbite engine would be insanely fun to play around with and build maps. Even though it is currently in an alpha, modding is a huge part of Arma 3 at the moment and anything that won't likely get added/fixed by release will probably see a mod project dedicated to adding/fixing it.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

How much did I pay for BF3?

£30?

I don't remember honestly.

What I do remember is the incredible amount of absolutely mindless fun and entertainment I have had to date just running about with a good impromptu squad, or alone for that matter, headshotting peeps from 450m, laying waste to helos and jets with AAA on Firestorm, Canals, sneaking up and stabbing hill-wookies,.....and the list goes on.

Money well spent? Hell yeah, it's all about the Fun!

BF4?

Bring it on - I'll get my money's worth again :D

Yes I play with some friends and we squad up. Sure fun and entertainment doing what Viper said and more. C4 on jeeps and bikes. Nothing more fun then C4 a tank. Stabbing hill wookies and then Tbag always brings a laugh. I have laughed more with BF then any other game. Real hell no but fun and laughs hell yes. One friend it always gets me to laugh is when he gets the big gun and lays out suppresion hollering come on cupcakes keep walking into my fire.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lol, let me rephrase Greece sucks. I meant the "map" in Arma 3 SUCKS. Hopefully Greece doesn't look anything like the map, because it reminds me of the scrub of my Texas homeland. Which also sucks.

Arma 3 is still using a 12 year old engine that still sucks. Its clunky at best. I can't believe that this is all Bohemia has done since the release of Arma II 5 years ago. At least they could have come up with a newer, more modern engine. A modded Cryengine 2 or Frostbite engine would have been good.

Hopefull, DCS' new edge engine will be good enough to allow FPS in. Flighsim only was dead a decade ago. REALISTIC flightsim and realistic FPS together would be outstanding.

Edited by Wolfie

Arma 3 is still using a 12 year old engine that still sucks. Its clunky at best. I can't believe that this is all Bohemia has done since the release of Arma II 5 years ago. At least they could have come up with a newer, more modern engine. A modded Cryengine 2 or Frostbite engine would have been good.

Hopefull, DCS' new edge engine will be good enough to allow FPS in. Flighsim only was dead a decade ago. REALISTIC flightsim and realistic FPS together would be outstanding.

LOL Dream on.

As for the Alpha - Arma 3 runs much better overall than Arma 2 and as for the engine, look at DCS - it's the same exact case. Performance issue and bugs are present in World just like they plagued the original Lock On. The reason Bohemia does not write new engine is exactly the same why ED does not write a new one and same goes for choosing Cryengine or Frostbite - they may look good but are useless in terms of doing stuff that Arma does - realistic infantry combat, ballistics, autonomous AI and a 250km2 landscape without having to see the loading screen every 5 minutes, the editor... I could go on. Bohemia is not a big and rich company, they make do and what they do is pretty impressive and most fun.

Your arguments against Arma could easily be applied to DCS, but somehow people here understand how things work in sim development and that it's not as easy as "let's make a new engine". ED announced Nevada how many years ago? And when exactly is Edge coming? And Greece sucks? At least there is a new map. With DCS the whole Edge/Nevada/new 3rd party maps thing has grown to be a new Duke Nukem Forever. Somehow though, people overlook these things because they understand that it's not easy to make a simulation game - we wait patiently for anything ED gives us and support them by buying the stuff, because we understand how this business works. Well guess what? BIS is in the same business and they are the only ones who managed to make a game where 100 people can play coop on a single server with an infantry company, a couple of tank platoons and pair of Apaches and Harrier providing CAS. Comparing Arma to Battlefield is just like comparing World of Warplanes to DCS.

Sorry, but you are just being unfair. Also, it's just an Alpha. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

@mmaruda - I have to agree with some of what you say, but to be honest Arma3, is so far from even been good in it's current state. Whats the point in a massive map like in Arma 3, if the game play isn't good enough to match it? Seeing choppers, infantry, vehicles, lagg like they do in Arma3, just doesn't do it for me. Just like sitting in a heli or driving for what seems like eternity just to get to one location becomes boring pretty fast. Yes you can take in the scenery on route and all that might be great a few times, but the whole games gets boring and frustrating due to the lagg this game produces.

Arma 3 is still Alpha isnt it?

Yes, but I would say it will still be one big lagg fest when it's out of beta. I was a die hard Operation Flashpoint fan back in the days, but even back then it wasn't as laggy as Arma3 is today. What map makers normally end up doing is limiting the map to a small combat area just to make player v player battles less laggy. It will never have something like a 50 v 50 player battle over a large area like it's supposed to do, without the massive lagg and the red box telling your team mates your timming out.

Edited by Dudester22

• 1 month later...