• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a questions:

In which category is your gazelle?

SFM, AFM or PFM?

It seems to me that you want to make her free, are you sure or you will know it later?

thank

free?! uhm..don`t know and maybe it is just me, but making the Gazelle a freeware module would feel very very strange with all the hard work put into it..so it will pay for it for sure...

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

It could be a viable solution if ED help the guys with what they need to finish it with all the bells and whistles. They would gain the help, the experience and the "rep" and ED gain a free model to stick it beside the Su-25T and TF-51.

I would strike that deal... especially knowing that they are also are cooking a Bo-105...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Not Pat... BO-105 is Polychop simulations.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Just to cut rumors here in the beginning and any specualtion. We are working on 3 modules at the moment. Each modul is at its own stage and Yes he is right about the Bo105 that we are cocking it, plus a Ho229 and a few other plans for the upcoming month and so on.

A module that we work on for such a long time and pat even longer, given away as free module, what phylosophy should that be ?

You can be sure that this is Payware!

I hope this is not confusing that Pat is not writing back at the moment, but he is on vacation, so everybody needs some time off ;-)

cheers

Polychop Simulations/Sven

Pat wrote 2 years ago that he was planning to release it as a free module. Now, times have changed. We do plan to make it payware, but this is the decision of ED :)

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Pat wrote 2 years ago that he was planning to release it as a free module. Now, times have changed. We do plan to make it payware, but this is the decision of ED :)

So you Guys become a 3rd Party Dev and your modules will be official DCS modules?! Sounds cool and promising:)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

That is also good. Maybe ED or BST will bring another helicopter to Free level.... like a completely unarmed Huey (like the TF-51 is) so more people that get DCS W for free and try the free Heli will be attracted into buying other modules of rotor wing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Yeah no problem..bring it on..I'll buy it. There is a lot of work and effort that goes into making modules and I like encouraging new developers and partners for DCS.

Speed is life !!!

Yeah, I'll buy it.

Who won't? :music_whistling:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yep!

Instaflip of the wallet for this one.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Just to cut rumors here in the beginning and any specualtion. We are working on 3 modules at the moment. Each modul is at its own stage and Yes he is right about the Bo105 that we are cocking it, plus a Ho229 and a few other plans for the upcoming month and so on.

A module that we work on for such a long time and pat even longer, given away as free module, what phylosophy should that be ?

You can be sure that this is Payware!

I hope this is not confusing that Pat is not writing back at the moment, but he is on vacation, so everybody needs some time off ;-)

cheers

Polychop Simulations/Sven

A Ho229!!!:D

Whew these guys are good!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Even if know that there was putted in many hard work here, i'd Like to see it as freeware... We have not free modules nere at DCS.....:(

Edited by Sukhoi25
Another error

Bye, SU

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, GIGABYTE (AMD) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon / Realtek HD SoundCard, GIGABYTE FX-990GAUD Motherboard, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Even if know that there was putted in many hard work here, i'd Like to see it as freeware... We have not free modules nere at DCS.....:(

true, very true but id donate if this chopper is going to be free :thumbup:

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

You get a free SU-25T and a free TF-51D with DCS World already... there IS a Freeware DH6 available (an open Source Port from Flight gear)...

So 3 free planes already, 1 with DCS level clickable cockpit.

Shagrat

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1228636/

The user files section. And it is a DHC-6, my fault.

Don't expect too much. It is difficult to control in the air, non-clickable cockpit, and careful with the throttle, it has a reverse thrust so middle setting is 0%!

Really a nice port and good job, but if you compare that to the work 3rd parties put into their modules, mostly over years(!), you realize why it is difficult to do this as "freeware"... apart from the work, they need to pay Licenses to the manufacturer, pay lawyers to negotiate contracts and what not before they can publish a module.

Expecting this to be "for free" would be like a bakery offering the bread for free, and hope people will support them to pay the expenses. I guess that might be a short-lived experiment.

In general the current price for a DCS Module is ridiculously low compared to subpar FSX Add Ons. So personally I'm happy with the current strategy.

Shagrat

Thanks. If i would port a great aircraft from FSX (clickable VC with wonderful reality) can i do it? is there Any way?

Bye, SU

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, GIGABYTE (AMD) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon / Realtek HD SoundCard, GIGABYTE FX-990GAUD Motherboard, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Thanks. If i would port a great aircraft from FSX (clickable VC with wonderful reality) can i do it? is there Any way?

Actually no... even if you get a license and agreement from the original developer.

see Zeus comment on the Mirage2000.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2312910&postcount=486

Shagrat