Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

^ I haven't seen anything, and the only thing I found on google was people saying their glasses scratched the lenses. Is there more info? That'd suck to scratch them up. :/

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the scratches Im talking about are on the inside of the lens.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Anyone else here check their shipping status online for the Rift CV1 and find out that they are going to be a month and a half late on shipping? I ordered the Rift on release day (Jan 6th) and it said April 7th as delivery and now it says 5/9 - 5/19. I'm pissed. I haven't heard that much backlash over this so I'm wondering if I am in a small subset of orders that are this far delayed. Let me know.

I've preordererd mine 7 minutes after preorders went live and I got estimate delivery date May 2 to May 12th...

I'm looking at kiskstarter bunch who got their devkits for free :mad:

the scratches Im talking about are on the inside of the lens.

Have you a link.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Anyone else here check their shipping status online for the Rift CV1 and find out that they are going to be a month and a half late on shipping? I ordered the Rift on release day (Jan 6th) and it said April 7th as delivery and now it says 5/9 - 5/19. I'm pissed. I haven't heard that much backlash over this so I'm wondering if I am in a small subset of orders that are this far delayed. Let me know.

Yep Gone from beginning og May to 6/20/2016 - 6/30/2016

I will check the Ebay prices before I unpack it if/when finaly gets here, quite like my DK2 still.

^ I haven't seen anything, and the only thing I found on google was people saying their glasses scratched the lenses. Is there more info? That'd suck to scratch them up. :/

http://vr-lens-lab.com/

Also on Kickstarter.

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

Have you a link.

General and Support section of Oculus Forums, theres plentynof users with pics posted

Alot of users with scratches on the inside of the lens, meaning it was scratched during assembly.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I've preordererd mine 7 minutes after preorders went live and I got estimate delivery date May 2 to May 12th...

I'm looking at kiskstarter bunch who got their devkits for free :mad:

I am not sure what one has to do with the other, but my dev kit (a DK1) was not free. It was actually $300.

Now I will eventually get a free CV1 but that is a separate issue and my likely ship date is looking like sometime around Halloween based on my order number.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As much as I don't like waiting an additional month for my CV1, it's prudent to look for the silver lining. As with any manufacturing effort, it's normally good to be farther down the line of completed parts if for anything that they can be better than the first few to roll off.

Perhaps the extra time may mean a difference in the overall quality.

@SZ - yes, my list included only those ideas which have not been addressed by ED at the present time. Those are, in my opinion, some important areas to see improvement in an effort to enhance the VR user's experience with DCS.

NB - Someone wanted to know about the amps/shakers I ordered. Here are the links:

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sa100-100w-subwoofer-plate-amplifier--300-802

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-bst-1-high-power-pro-tactile-bass-shaker-50-watts--295-244

I'm running those off of an Asus Xonar soundcard and will be using Simshaker utility to drive it. I have a custom seat platform going into the CNC this week to use to mount the shakers under the seat and to the chassis. I'll report more on this experiment as I have facts to share.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

As much as I don't like waiting an additional month for my CV1, it's prudent to look for the silver lining. As with any manufacturing effort, it's normally good to be farther down the line of completed parts if for anything that they can be better than the first few to roll off.

QFT

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am not sure what one has to do with the other, but my dev kit (a DK1) was not free. It was actually $300.

Now I will eventually get a free CV1 but that is a separate issue and my likely ship date is looking like sometime around Halloween based on my order number.

Kickstarter backers (I think it had a time deadline) got them free of charge.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

My estimate was June 30. Honestly I don't mind waiting as it gives me more time to build PC/Pit as well as giving the game companies time to do the required work to their games to ensure good VR experiences.

On a slight Oculus topic, Memory for the new PC (will be running mainly DCS with Rift) just buy as much DDR4 quad channel as I can fit in? Minimum 32gig?

Kickstarter backers (I think it had a time deadline) got them free of charge.

If you backed the kickstarter, you spent money. I don't recall anyone getting one for free.

Anyone seen this Virtual desktop looks pretty neat.

https://www.vrfocus.com/2016/03/virtual-desktop-1-0-trailer-released/

It's been on Steam for Pre-order for a couple of weeks now.

Well, I've been using it for a week, so there. :prop:

:D

It's pretty cool. Despite the marginal resolution, having your desktop presented as an IMAX theater is interesting. I bought it soon as I saw it had an option to run milkdrop as the background.

I've played around with it, but I don't use it regularly.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

well your real visioin is also focused in a narrow space... And the focus is not so bad that you cant glanse at the gauges, its only in the corners its a problem, and thats where the ingame text is...

This is how it is all the time for me now - since I got varifocal glasses to replace my old far/reading separate sets!

I had to give up my triple-screen set-up because of it.

So if that's all the issue is, I don't think I will even notice it, cos it's nothing new!

So good news :)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Special request to ED Forum Moderators:

A subforum in the Input/Output names "Virtual Reality" would be prudent in my opinion. The Oculus and Vive threads should be moved there. A VR subforum would allow other VR specific topics to be made which would make it easier to have beneficial discussions and keep topics much more organized. This thread alone has 682 pages now with much discussion, some of it more suited to other threads within a VR topic group.

Anyhow, I'd like to see this!

Capture.PNG.a9f3b1d036186717be9cd754763e1287.PNG

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE